JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So what's the next project? I'm thinking a single shot hip fired bullpup in .22 short
I now want to see this built lol….I believe I don't have the prerequisite skills (thank god, otherwise I'd have all sorts of weird bubblegum hanging around lol)

The problem with sbr's is you "could" be on the short list when time comes to take/restrict them... then you will have to choose to comply, kill or be killed.
We all know the AFT could not care less about you/me or my/your family... just that we obey...

What happens when the disqualifying criminal convictions are expanded to include a speeding ticket or taking an undersized fish?
Well that's a different story. But rapists, pedophiles, domestic violence and murders shouldn't have guns. We can cross that bridge when we get there. I love how we go high and to the right immediately. "If you get a traffic ticket you can't own guns….." lol.

The problem with sbr's is you "could" be on the short list when time comes to take/restrict them... then you will have to choose to comply, kill or be killed.
We all know the AFT could not care less about you/me or my/your family... just that we obey...
Maybe. People that file and purchase a tax stamp are likely the MOST law abiding gun owners out there. Voluntary registration and compliance. With photos and prints and everything. Not exactly their biggest threat.

I don't have a dog in this fight, or much of an opinion in this discussion, since the type of guns discussed aren't really my cup of tea, but I did have a relevant comment about the $200 transfer tax, just food for thought.

I read somewhere a while back, don't remember where, that certain ATF type people do not like the $200 transfer tax at all. They consider it a giveaway, a bargain that flies in the face of the intent of the 1934 NFA. The problem is inflation, and the fact that the NFA made no allowances for increasing the tax to keep up with inflation.

In 1934, $200 was a LOT of money. Adjusted for inflation, it's the equivalent of over $4,000 now. The intent was to make NFA items prohibitively expensive, so that only the wealthy could have them. Over the decades, inflation nibbled the tax down to where now most any average person can afford it pretty easily. Some people are not happy about that at all. They think it's too cheap and should be a lot more. :(

As to background checks, my own views have moderated a bit over the years. In principle, I'm opposed to them being required. In practice though, I don't want bad people to have guns any more than anyone else. My gripe with the way they were implemented here is that there was room for compromise. They could have included exceptions for C&R FFLs, CMP sales, CHL holders, and others who've already been thoroughly vetted. The fact that they didn't shows that it was really just a "gotcha" move, to screw over the other side as much as they could, rather than any sort of sincere attempt at something positive.

More food for thought, just because it seems slightly germane to the discussion here:

I don't have a dog in this fight, or much of an opinion in this discussion, since the type of guns discussed aren't really my cup of tea, but I did have a relevant comment about the $200 transfer tax, just food for thought.

I read somewhere a while back, don't remember where, that certain ATF type people do not like the $200 transfer tax at all. They consider it a giveaway, a bargain that flies in the face of the intent of the 1934 NFA. The problem is inflation, and the fact that the NFA made no allowances for increasing the tax to keep up with inflation.

In 1934, $200 was a LOT of money. Adjusted for inflation, it's the equivalent of over $4,000 now. The intent was to make NFA items prohibitively expensive, so that only the wealthy could have them. Over the decades, inflation nibbled the tax down to where now most any average person can afford it pretty easily. Some people are not happy about that at all. They think it's too cheap and should be a lot more. :(

As to background checks, my own views have moderated a bit over the years. In principle, I'm opposed to them being required. In practice though, I don't want bad people to have guns any more than anyone else. My gripe with the way they were implemented here is that there was room for compromise. They could have included exceptions for C&R FFLs, CMP sales, CHL holders, and others who've already been thoroughly vetted. The fact that they didn't shows that it was really just a "gotcha" move, to screw over the other side as much as they could, rather than any sort of sincere attempt at something positive.

More food for thought, just because it seems slightly germane to the discussion here:

There was a move last year to try and raise it.

When the Feds see the lack of interest from braced pistol owners to purchase a tax stamp, the next move will likely be to apply a score card system to non-braced pistols. I am sure they have their top violence prevention experts working on that now.

When the Feds see the lack of interest from braced pistol owners to purchase a tax stamp, the next move will likely be to apply a score card system to non-braced pistols. I am sure they have their top violence prevention experts working on that now.
I think they are more concerned with passing bills and handing out "clean" crack pipes.

I think they are more concerned with passing bills and handing out "clean" crack pipes.
Luckily for the BATF, other agencies are handling the crack pipe give-a-away. I think they will have plenty of time to drum up more Form 1, Form 4, etc business.

I am certain there was little support from the BATF for the HPA as that would have put a serious damper on their tax stamp sales numbers.

Luckily for the BATF, other agencies are handling the crack pipe give-a-away. I think they will have plenty of time to drum up more Form 1, Form 4, etc business.

I am certain there was little support from the BATF for the HPA as that would have put a serious damper on their tax stamp sales numbers.
Well I'll gladly continue as a "tax stamp customer." All this talk has me thinking about the next form 1 I'll submit.

Enjoy the leather:

bootl.jpg

Last e-file form 1 on the new system was less than two weeks start to finish.
My last one was 17 business days. Much better than my form 4. Although my form 4 was only 6 months. Better then the lottery.

I would never sell a gun without transferring it solely because if they do anything with it I want it known it wasn't mine at the time. =|
Yup. In todays world I want the least amount of liability and attachment to another's actions as possible. There is no longer self responsibility/consequence and for that I want to distance myself from those I have no knowledge of.

I would never sell a gun without transferring it solely because if they do anything with it I want it known it wasn't mine at the time. =|

Yup. In todays world I want the least amount of liability and attachment to another's actions as possible. There is no longer self responsibility/consequence and for that I want to distance myself from those I have no knowledge of.
I'm personally a fan of filling out a 4473 for purchases. Makes me 100% sure I'm not buying a hot item

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top