JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm personally a fan of filling out a 4473 for purchases. Makes me 100% sure I'm not buying a hot item
The stolen gun check is a separate action from the form 4473 as I understand it. It serves to make you 100% sure that it wasn't reported stolen yet? It could still be stolen but not reported.

I see a trend here on the forum that some infringment (most commonly with background checks) is enjoyed or appreciated by members.

Edit: They could make both infringment lovers and haters happy by offering a background check system but not requiring it. Simple solution but infringment is more fun (for them).

Last Edited:
The stolen gun check is a separate action from the form 4473 as I understand it. It serves to make you 100% sure that it wasn't reported stolen yet? It could still be stolen but not reported.

I see a trend here on the forum that some infringment (most commonly with background checks) is enjoyed or appreciated by members.

Edit: They could make both infringment lovers and haters happy by offering a background check system but not requiring it. Simple solution but infringment is more fun (for them).
Are all your guns bought out the back of a car in an alley and/or 80%? If not, you've been taking a real hard line stance for someone who has willingly been infringed upon. And is pre complying with proposed initiatives

Are all your guns bought out the back of a car in an alley and/or 80%? If not, you've been taking a real hard line stance for someone who has willingly been infringed upon. And is pre complying with proposed initiatives
I will follow the "laws" when necessary but I will not appreciate the restrictions. I fail to understand why a person can't take both positions.

I would ask why they cant make that information free to anyone to look up. Why would it be bad for more people to know a gun is stolen.
I believe you can with a phone call but if not any friendly FFL can look it up for you. It's done through OSP not through the feds.

Screenshot_20220211-032305.png

I'm personally a fan of filling out a 4473 for purchases. Makes me 100% sure I'm not buying a hot item
That's not 100% true. Look at the stolen firearms thread on ARFCOM, there are a bunch that have been bought online and whatnot. Some states report differently and some fall through the cracks, making them go through multiple transfers without ever being caught, till finally they are.

Or selling to a piece of sh!t.
And this is why nics should be public access. There's no reason why I, private citizen J.Q. Public, shouldn't be able to run your info at time of sale personally.

But, the Fed isn't about to remove that barrier or give private citizens the tools needed to make informed decisions.

Regarding the NFA price - it may go up but not prohibitively so. The AFT has found a revenue stream that they don't have to go to Congress and beg for - they're not about to give that up.

I understand your point. He doesn't or will continue to actively refuse to think he is on the same level as us. You're waisting oxygen/time at this point. He thinks he has a foot to stand on when in all reality his legs are gone.

99AAC7B0-E8AD-4C2B-956D-E22A78C90C1A.jpeg

Last Edited:
And this is why nics should be public access. There's no reason why I, private citizen J.Q. Public, shouldn't be able to run your info at time of sale personally.

But, the Fed isn't about to remove that barrier or give private citizens the tools needed to make informed decisions.

Regarding the NFA price - it may go up but not prohibitively so. The AFT has found a revenue stream that they don't have to go to Congress and beg for - they're not about to give that up.
I would be all for that. I would be all for it being optional to do a background check for transfers too (including FFLs).

Like I have mentioned before, I will follow the "law" to stay out of prison. If there is a legal way to avoid paying the government to buy a firearm without paying a transfer fee, I am all ears?
You can inherit tax stamped items (Form 5) and not pay the transfer fee.

It's not love for the ATF as you state. It's basic logic. They ARE going to ban pistol braces. Let's face it, everyone buys them to shoulder them...to get around the SBR stamp. So all we are saying is jumping through all these hoops to try and stay "legal" is a futile effort. Spend the $200 and then you can do WHATEVER you want with it.

I have never seen someone so hell-bent on staying "legal" yet so against the entity that comes up with these laws.
Basic logic: That's probably what California considers banning "high capacity" magazines, bullet-buttons, and featureless "assault rifles."

There does come a point where it is hard to say "Well I am abiding by this law even though I hate it" while also slamming and challenging other laws. As someone else mentioned in this thread, 200$ tax stamps are becoming a cash cow for the ATF.

With so much income being generated, it indicates to the agency that 1. With enough attrition, most gun owners will get behind an unconstitutional system to exercise their right, and 2. They have solid means to continue justifying their existence.

You mention that finding workarounds for NFA items is a "futile effort;" that the logical solution—whether you like it or not—is to just fork over the money and go through the process. Isn't that a losing mentality? That "logic" is Stockholm Syndrome-esque.

All that being said, regardless of where you stand, it doesn't make sense to actually harbor animosity toward a fellow member of this forum who is just trying to tinker around, enjoy the hobby, and avoid financially supporting the ATF in the process. Seems like a noble goal even if you think it is weird, nonsensical, dumb, etc…

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top