JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Talking out both sides? I am not suggesting somebody break the law and build an SBR and not register it. I am suggesting that there are legal ways to get most of what the Form 1 would get you without having to financially support the BATF. There is a segment of the population that seems to have no problem supporting the BATF and in fact encourages others to support them.

If there is a legal way to avoid paying them and get most of what I want, then that's what I'll do. I would encourage others to do that as well. I have never seen so much love for the BATF as I have in the last 24 hours.
I don't think anybody loves BATF, but in general, most of us consider ourselves as "law abiding gun owners". Since there are laws on the books, when in Rome....

Do you have a CHL?

So how can we change your mind that you don't need to weld your takedown pins or modify magazines to only hold 10 rounds based on some initiative proposed by a crooked pastor that hasn't even started gathering signatures?

Edited to add: Sorry about the run-on sentence. :D
You don't need to change my mind. I have plenty of evil stuff that will remain at risk. If I make a single shot project gun or two or three, it's because I want to, not because the BATF or a crooked pastor is threatening to shoot my pupper. How many conventional ARs does a person need. Think of the AR stuff as Legos. I don't build what the box says, I am interested in projects that you don't see everyday, trying new methods of operation, etc.

You don't need to change my mind. I have plenty of evil stuff that will remain at risk. If I make a single shot project gun or two or three, it's because I want to, not because the BATF or a crooked pastor is threatening to shoot my pupper. How many conventional ARs does a person need. Think of the AR stuff as Legos. I don't build what the box says, I am interested in projects that you don't see everyday, trying new methods of operation, etc.
I can appreciate that for sure. New projects are always fun. Unless they involve neutering the firearm based on "what ifs".

"How many conventional ARs does a person need?" As many as I want. And always just one more. Hmmm, I've heard that question somewhere before......

It's not love for the ATF as you state. It's basic logic. They ARE going to ban pistol braces. Let's face it, everyone buys them to shoulder them...to get around the SBR stamp. So all we are saying is jumping through all these hoops to try and stay "legal" is a futile effort. Spend the $200 and then you can do WHATEVER you want with it.

I have never seen someone so hell-bent on staying "legal" yet so against the entity that comes up with these laws.
I have never seen someone so hell-bent on staying "legal" yet so against the entity that comes up with these laws.

Uniqueness is good, maybe that will spread to my builds one day.

I'm getting tired of you calling it extortion. It's no more extortion than what you are doing to stay in your lane of following the law or building projects for POTENTIAL laws that haven't even passed yet. It amazes me how fast gun owners and "patriots" just start rolling over, selling, removing, altering, etc. in fear of a potential law or definition that may change or get altered. Whether it be this, welding front take down pins, mag bans, etc. It's pathetic.

Any argument against a form 1 is BS. Do I agree you should have to pay. NO. But 200 dollars is a drop in the bucket when you look at a quality build (not some Chinese or PSA). If you don't want anSBR that's fine but don't blame it on a 200 dollar tax stamp. If you bought a gun or have a CHL you're already on a "list." If it's laziness just say it. Good lord, the fear of gun owners boggles my mind. I'm glad it's not this demographic that was standing up to Great Britain. We would have never made it.
I get the same amazement out of the compliance with private party background checks, from the 3%/patriot crew.

Extortion: the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats

Call it insurance or whatever you want but they are making a threat if you don't pay them. To me that is extortion.

You can try and justify what the BATF is doing all day long it won't change my mind.
For those that claim "extortion" but have a CHL your argument is void. A tax stamp is a one time payment of 200.00 dollars to be "allowed" to own something. A CHL is a specific amount paid to the government every 4 years to be "allowed" to carry a loaded firearm (we're not talking open carry. That sh!t is dumb). X amount multiplied by the amount of years you live comes out to way more than $200.00. Hearing another person claim they don't want to be put on a "list" with the ATF but have a CHL or have bought/transferred firearms legally….. it doesn't make sense. And it makes you look incompetent.

I get the same amazement out of the compliance with private party background checks, from the 3%/patriot crew.
The same could be said for CHLs. It's all risk reward. Do what you want. Just be willing to own the consequences.

For those that claim "extortion" but have a CHL your argument is void. A tax stamp is a one time payment of 200.00 dollars to be "allowed" to own something. A CHL is a specific amount paid to the government every 4 years to be "allowed" to carry a loaded firearm (we're not talking open carry. That sh!t is dumb). X amount multiplied by the amount of years you live comes out to way more than $200.00. Hearing another person claim they don't want to be put on a "list" with at ATF but have a CHL or have bought/transferred firearms legally….. it doesn't make sense. And it makes you look incompetent.
And this is coming from the guy that pees into the wind.... :s0023:

LOL it's not even extorsion. Not by a stretch.

The ATF isn't collecting the $200 under the guise of force or threats. They are saying if you want to own one of these cool toys you must register it and pay the fee. They're not MAKING you do anything. They aren't threatening you to get you to pay.

No, I am NOT a fan of the ATF. I think them and the NFA should be repealed. But I'm also realistic and know that will probably never happen. And I CHOOSE to own things that current laws require stamps. That's not extorsion. That's a choice.

For those that claim "extortion" but have a CHL your argument is void. A tax stamp is a one time payment of 200.00 dollars to be "allowed" to own something. A CHL is a specific amount paid to the government every 4 years to be "allowed" to carry a loaded firearm (we're not talking open carry. That sh!t is dumb). X amount multiplied by the amount of years you live comes out to way more than $200.00. Hearing another person claim they don't want to be put on a "list" with the ATF but have a CHL or have bought/transferred firearms legally….. it doesn't make sense. And it makes you look incompetent.
I agree it is worse than a tax stamp, hopefully the money isn't going to the BATF.

The ATF isn't collecting the $200 under the guise of force or threats. They are saying if you want to own one of these cool toys you must register it and pay the fee. They're not MAKING you do anything. They aren't threatening you to get you to pay.

No, I am NOT a fan of the ATF. I think them and the NFA should be repealed. But I'm also realistic and know that will probably never happen. And I CHOOSE to own things that current laws require stamps. That's not extorsion. That's a choice.
Thank you. Extortion isn't even the correct word to define this whole scenario.

I agree it is worse than a tax stamp, hopefully the money isn't going to the BATF.
Personally I'm ok with people having to pass a background (criminally) to be able to own/carry a gun. My opinion will get a lot of hate and I do not care.

The extortion part comes into play when you say I would rather own one these without paying the $200.

The extortion part comes into play when you say I would rather own one these without paying the $200.
No, that's still not extorsion. That's more like buying a V6 Mustang then trying to convince all your buddies (and yourself) its "just as good" as a GT.

Maybe my next project:

I have a working Entertech M16 water gun from about 1984. All black, no orange tip and has a magazine that holds probably 6 ounces of water.

I was thinking......since it's not legal without an orange tip and it holds all that water...

I could maybe paint the tip orange. But what if I just make it easily removable so I can scare all the neighbor kids? What if I modify the magazine to only hold 2 ounces of water so all the moms don't complain about how much I can squirt their kids without refilling? Will that be ok? It's FA as well, maybe I should make it SA to stay in compliance with my church's squirt gun policies. I was gonna sell it on eBay but I can't handle the extorsion fees they charge.

Maybe I'll just keep it as-is. Even spend some money and fully restore it to make it the baddest water gun on my block.

:D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR