JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
TahDah

Atf_form_4473-firearms_transaction_record_5300_9revised_0.pdf.jpg

It is based upon the definitions being used, which is: "is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802))"

That definition in the Controlled Substances Act is: "(6) The term "controlled substance" means a drug or other substance, or immediate precursor, included in schedule I, II, III, IV, or V of part B of this subchapter. The term does not include distilled spirits, wine, malt beverages, or tobacco, as those terms are defined or used in subtitle E of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986."

It is based upon the definitions being used, which is: "is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802))"

That definition in the Controlled Substances Act is: "(6) The term "controlled substance" means a drug or other substance, or immediate precursor, included in schedule I, II, III, IV, or V of part B of this subchapter. The term does not include distilled spirits, wine, malt beverages, or tobacco, as those terms are defined or used in subtitle E of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986."
Right & I understand that. It's just a case-in-point I'm stating. A younger sister of mine, had her fiancee shoot at her while she was running from him, with his 44mag, missed, luckily, because he was(I forget the ridiculous % drunk he was)wasted, then yelled out as she fled, I'd die for you, pointed barrel back/roof of mouth & ended his life. He was a user of no other type of anything listed on that form, but chewed snuff. Although he was a very violent, aggressive drunk, he was the exact opposite while sober.
I've seen so much violence, where alcohol encompassed it, & nothing else, especially listed on the form 4473.
More people commit suicide under alcohol influence, or just outright violence, period, under such influence.

Right & I understand that. It's just a case-in-point I'm stating. A younger sister of mine, had her fiancee shoot at her while she was running from him, with his 44mag, missed, luckily, because he was(I forget the ridiculous % drunk he was)wasted, then yelled out as she fled, I'd die for you, pointed barrel back/roof of mouth & ended his life. He was a user of no other type of anything listed on that form, but chewed snuff. Although he was a very violent, aggressive drunk, he was the exact opposite while sober.
I've seen so much violence, where alcohol encompassed it, & nothing else, especially listed on the form 4473.
More people commit suicide under alcohol influence, or just outright violence, period, under such influence.
That's an awful situation, but I don't see how another question on a form would have prevented it.

Though I cited the legal definitions, I'm not defending alcohol use or abuse. I personally have zero desire for said and find it detrimental to mental, physical, and spiritual health. However, a lot of my fellow Americans see it differently and that's their call to make.

IMOO, being 6.5 years alcohol sober, having drank the better part of my life, Mandatory 1st time AA in service, even.
By their logic weed smoker's not being able to posses firearms, drinker types shouldn't either, or be able to drive.
Bars should be outlawed, if not, implement where they have to pay for testing between each drink to see if over limit, if so, gotta wait,
Make em have to carry own drunk tester if going out, have to uber there/back yadda yadda yadda...
ABV% lowered, since only legally can be 0.08% driving.
I mean, the critical scrutiny & hoops 2a folk are being putting through :s0092:
Just compare statistics, especially with spouse/child abuse, alcohol encompassed.
Seen that sh!t a lot, growing up, sibs in violent fights, list goes on.

IMOO, being 6.5 years alcohol sober, having drank the better part of my life, Mandatory 1st time AA in service, even.
By their logic weed smoker's not being able to posses firearms, drinker types shouldn't either, or be able to drive.
Bars should be outlawed, if not, implement where they have to pay for testing between each drink to see if over limit, if so, gotta wait,
Make em have to carry own drunk tester if going out, have to uber there/back yadda yadda yadda...
Just compare statistics, especially with spouse/child abuse, alcohol encompassed.
Unless your Last Name Is Biden then you are exempt from any Law in America with Regard to use of any illegal drugs
You can buy guns and just check the no box

Good observation, Mr obvious. This is a scrutiny concern, or lack thereof....
You can't buy a gun while intoxicated, so what's the point of this thread? People with alcoholism are not banned from buying guns when sober, or driving cars when sober. People with depression are not banned from buying guns; not even the ones on prescribed medications. So what's your point? You're sober so the world should be too?

Your original observation is not valid, sorry. It is very clearly spelled out. It is beyond your scrutiny, and has been well established. What further benefits can come from this conversation? Genuinely asking.

Did you write Washington's recent gun laws?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads