JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He does have a valid "moron" defense. As would those who believe his story.
The problem with that is there was absolutely no reason for him to disrupt the proceedings, the Dems were getting 99.5% of what they wanted, poll numbers were turning against the Rep's and it was clear the would be enough votes to pass the spending bill.
I'm just surprised "Glitch" McConnell didn't decide to fake a freeze to get out of there

The problem with that is there was absolutely no reason for him to disrupt the proceedings, the Dems were getting 99.5% of what they wanted, poll numbers were turning against the Rep's and it was clear the would be enough votes to pass the spending bill.
I'm just surprised "Glitch" McConnell didn't decide to fake a freeze to get out of there
"No compromise, everything we want, or nothing at all"?

Report from this morning before the "Fire Drill":

"House Democrats launched multiple efforts to delay a vote on House GOP's 45-day continuing resolution Saturday after Republicans pushed their plan to the floor for a vote.

Democrats filed a motion to adjourn the House in an effort to get more time to review the GOP legislation and citing trust issues with their colleagues across the aisle. While the effort failed, Democrats successfully stalled the vote for just under an hour as Democrats reviewed the resolution. During the motion to adjourn, which was voted against by both parties, Democrats voted one-by-one by hand in a bid to stall the vote on the stop-gap bill.

HOUSE TO PUSH 45-DAY CONTINUING RESOLUTION ON FLOOR THAT EXCLUDES UKRAINE FUNDING

After the motion to adjourn failed, House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) began speaking on the House floor to buy more time as well.

"Strap in; this could take a while," Jeffries said as he began speaking.

Jeffries used the so-called "magic minute," which allows the leader of a party to speak on the House floor for as long as they please. Other members of the chamber are limited in their time when addressing the House.

The stalling efforts come as Democrats review the proposed stop-gap bill, saying they have "serious trust issues" with Republicans."

Washington Examiner

f7tqmyawyaaltno-jpg.jpg

Article I, Section 6 of the Constitution states: "The Senators and Representatives shall receive a Compensation for their Services, to be ascertained by Law, and paid out of the Treasury of the United States."

Doesn't provide any exemptions
🤷‍♂️
OK so make the pay $1. Some are trying to change that alien looking thing that's telling all the border is secure to a salary of $1. It of course will not happen. Since it says they are compensated by law, I have to assume this means Congress can change the salary to a buck when gov shuts down? Is there more to the article saying they have to get the same salary at all times? No raises, no cuts? Kind of doubt it. Again moot since no way enough of them would vote to do this.

Yeah, that's exactly what the (self described) Ultra MAGA wing of the republican party was going for but they couldn't manage to pull it off
This week has really been just nonstop secondhand embarrassment, watching them fail over and over again
Yep what we really need is to keep printing MORE and more money. Look how well that's working so far. Its not an embarrassment at all. Just like what we really need is just a few more gun laws. Nothing embarrassing about that either. So good thing so many gun owners love it. :s0092:

GOP hasn't been the party of "fiscal responsibility" since H. Bush :rolleyes:
Bongino has said for a long time. "Most Republicans are really Democrats but no Democrat is really a Republican". He also says all the time the GOP is NOT the solution to our problems but, the Dem party is the reason for all of them. This is often why we keep losing. When there is a choice between some D and some R, many will refuse to vote for the R because they are not good enough. So the D wins and things get worse. Supporting the left because the right is not good enough only keeps this going the wrong way. :(

That's your reasonable answer?
Well, this is an unreasonable discussion, so yes. If the investigation shows that he did it on purpose attempting to disrupt proceedings he should be punished accordingly. While we are waiting for that investigation we are all just offering up our opinions and so far I don't recall anyone offering up a reasonable explanation on why he would have done it on purpose.
His side was winning and he had nothing to gain from delaying the voting. I tried to find the video to see what his reaction to the alarm was, but so far all that has been released is a still image of the second before he pulled the alarm

If it was Biden or Fetterman, I could see them mistaking a fire pull station. They would still be standing there with their hands underneath waiting for the gumballs to roll out. Bowman's best excuse would have been to claim that he smelled smoke, instead of outing all the fools who are white knighting for him. Birds of a feather, or something like that.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews