JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Yeah, the hypocrisy from the feds here is notable. Not that I want them asking about any substance use on these forms, as use in moderation is basically always acceptable. It is substance abuse that is problematic (and this include usage of concentrated forms of a substance for easier abusing), but substance abuse is problematic for so much more than just firearms and should be "disqualifying" for most of normal civil life. Everything from firearms possession to access to vehicles to sharp implements and household chemicals. If you want to be trippin' you should be responsible for setting up a safe environment for yourself beforehand. If you can't do that you can just go to an institution of some sort that can make those assurances for you.

IMOO, being 6.5 years alcohol sober, having drank the better part of my life, Mandatory 1st time AA in service, even.
By their logic weed smoker's not being able to posses firearms, drinker types shouldn't either, or be able to drive.
Bars should be outlawed, if not, implement where they have to pay for testing between each drink to see if over limit, if so, gotta wait,
Make em have to carry own drunk tester if going out, have to uber there/back yadda yadda yadda...
ABV% lowered, since only legally can be 0.08% driving.
I mean, the critical scrutiny & hoops 2a folk are being putting through :s0092:
Just compare statistics, especially with spouse/child abuse, alcohol encompassed.
Seen that sh!t a lot, growing up, sibs in violent fights, list goes on.
But the 18th Amendment was repealed, alcohol is legal again, at the federal level. Marijuana isn't. Kinda a big dill there…

LoL... I new this would ruffle feathers & rattle chains.
No tripping here, whatsoever.
It appears a couple get the big obvious picture.
I'll bring the paintbrushes back a lil later, to paint the picture

Forgive me if I've read this wrong, but reading between the lines, is your point that pot is no worse than alcohol, so if alcoholics can buy guns, why can't pot-heads? That subject has been brought up many, many times here.

Most of you all will probably think I'm some kind of weirdo (I'm not even Mormon), but I've never been drunk and never smoked pot. Personally I hate the stuff, but the libertarian side of me can see your point. No reason to be vague about it, if that's what you mean.

2jrmdx.jpg

I have nothing against a drink on occasion. I don't care for beer, never developed a taste for it when I was young so I can't stand it now, but I don't mind a hard cider every now and then. Pot on the other hand, I hate because of the changes I've seen in friends who have smoked too much of it.

Then again, whatever someone does in their own home, so long as it doesn't affect me or damage society like hard drugs, is their own business. I have a couple good friends who smoke wacky weed regularly. I don't have to like it, and they don't need my permission. They know what I think, but I don't get judgemental about it.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads