JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What has this country devolved into when a mob can surround your home, disturb your peace, and threaten your very existence, all with complete impunity?
Then, when you are INSIDE YOUR OWN HOME and prepare your defense, YOU are the one arrested?
There is a seriously phuq'd-up disconnect in what is lawful and what is not in this country right now... o_O

It is pretty bad isn't it, and it makes me rage. But my take on it is the same as jay walking. Yes, you may still have the right of way when illegally jay walking (makes no sense but when did congress make any sense?) but the right of way isn't going to unbreak your legs or bring you back to life....

And then.......you have these people who come to your home.......

I couldn't listen to that guy's voice/smug attitude for 30 seconds. Caught the incident video in one of the other links

Mass of walking garbage mob a house in Milwaukee. HOMEOWNER arrested.
What has this country devolved into when a mob can surround your home, disturb your peace, and threaten your very existence, all with complete impunity?
Then, when you are INSIDE YOUR OWN HOME and prepare your defense, YOU are the one arrested?
There is a seriously phuq'd-up disconnect in what is lawful and what is not in this country right now... o_O
So, serious questions looking for serious, realistic, non-fantasy answers. I know few of us here are lawyers to offer legal advice, so let's get that out of the way. Realistically, what are you supposed to do in this situation? Call the police which, in many areas, aren't able to respond to incidents like this in any kind of timely manner? Tell the police "I'm armed and feel my life/safety is threatened? Sit back and let them shine lights in your house while telling you via bullhorn that "You don't know what's out here. You don't know what's pointed at you"? Does the scenario change at all if they move from the street to on your property?

I'm posting this question separately from above in case it's unintentionally against any rules that I've read but not interpreted correctly and needs to be removed:

I've seen mention in other threads that certain members have a "neighborhood watch" type of group with their experienced neighbors. Is there a subsection here to organize such groups while absolutely NOT trying to form any kind of militia?

I'm posting this question separately from above in case it's unintentionally against any rules that I've read but not interpreted correctly and needs to be removed:

I've seen mention in other threads that certain members have a "neighborhood watch" type of group with their experienced neighbors. Is there a subsection here to organize such groups while absolutely NOT trying to form any kind of militia?

Just call it a club :)

I haven't met enough people who live close enough to me (on here) for it to be plausible. Probably would be good to start just trying to meet your neighbors and gauging where they are at with the concept.

Just call it a club :)

I haven't met enough people who live close enough to me (on here) for it to be plausible. Probably would be good to start just trying to meet your neighbors and gauging where they are at with the concept.
I've done that with the neighbors. It was quickly apparent that no man is an island, but I sure can't see land from here.

The more rural you are it seems easier to do, most of us out in the sticks realize we need eachother. Best of luck.
I spent the summer outside a 1 stoplight town in eastern Idaho. Just got home a few days ago. Man, what a difference. I could walk out back and shoot everything I brought except the tannerite. World class trout fishing 4 miles away. But I did order a cookbook this morning and it was on my doorstep 3 hours later and made 4 trips to different gun stores yesterday to start my first AR build. Pros and cons I guess

I've done that with the neighbors. It was quickly apparent that no man is an island, but I sure can't see land from here.

You're telling me. Although personally I'd rather have 5 studs on my team than 100 sheep. I'm still relatively new to my neighborhood, haven't met all the neighbors, a few seem like good people. We already have a decent communication system set up for looking out for each other's house. I barked at a neighbors kid yesterday for crossing the street by herself without looking, she is 8 years old. Her mom told me she appreciated that.

I think even if they disagree with me politically, most people probably expect to be secure and safe in their homes, if people started threatening that expectation I think many people would whistle a different tune very quick. The larger problem is just how shackled 'law abiding citizens' are by the law. Shooting a scum bag doing scum bag stuff will land us in jail/prison if were not within the letter of the law for self defense. There's a lot of criminal behavior that I would advocate warrants catching a bullet, but the law disagrees, and I have far more to lose than the scum does. It's generally a lose-lose.

You're telling me. Although personally I'd rather have 5 studs on my team than 100 sheep. I'm still relatively new to my neighborhood, haven't met all the neighbors, a few seem like good people. We already have a decent communication system set up for looking out for each other's house. I barked at a neighbors kid yesterday for crossing the street by herself without looking, she is 8 years old. Her mom told me she appreciated that.

I think even if they disagree with me politically, most people probably expect to be secure and safe in their homes, if people started threatening that expectation I think many people would whistle a different tune very quick. The larger problem is just how shackled 'law abiding citizens' are by the law. Shooting a scum bag doing scum bag stuff will land us in jail/prison if were not within the letter of the law for self defense. There's a lot of criminal behavior that I would advocate warrants catching a bullet, but the law disagrees, and I have far more to lose than the scum does. It's generally a lose-lose.
I'm with you on who I want on my side. I'm neither stud nor sheep, maybe a mule. There are a few members on here that I follow closely and feel I would trust not just with my life, but to bring good judgement to a situation.

My next door neighbor was my best bad option, but her got a new girlfriend who hates guns and made him abandon what little hope there was for him. I do text with several of my neighbors but, if a mob like above shows up, is just me and the dog. Luckily, it's a bit of a maze to navigate my neighborhood and I'm at the back in a closed loop.

I'm with you on who I want on my side. I'm neither stud nor sheep, maybe a mule. There are a few members on here that I follow closely and feel I would trust not just with my life, but to bring good judgement to a situation.

My next door neighbor was my best bad option, but her got a new girlfriend who hates guns and made him abandon what little hope there was for him. I do text with several of my neighbors but, if a mob like above shows up, is just me and the dog. Luckily, it's a bit of a maze to navigate my neighborhood and I'm at the back in a closed loop.

I'm personally not worried in the slightest about a mob, I think that concern is pretty unrealistic, and even if they did show up in my neighborhood. Legally speaking, my best option is just phone 911, report the situation, and stay inside. I've got camera's on the perimeter, I could still watch them from my phone, but I wouldn't want to bother physically presenting myself unless I deemed it necessary.

This is where we get into a real grey area legally speaking. For example, if POS firebombs my house, could I legally shoot the individual? Could I fire on the crowd that is harboring the individual? My assumption legally speaking would be no, I'm not defending myself from imminent danger by shooting them. From a life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness standpoint, someone firebombing my house has forfeited their life and anyone harboring them forfeits theirs too.

We've gotten into a dangerous precedence in this country where some seriously F'd up POS behavior isn't punished and productive members of society are persecuted by the 'justice system.'

On a totally unrelated topic:

This is where living rurally with a back hoe makes a lot more sense. You can enjoy digging and moving dirt around much more easily.

I couldn't listen to that guy's voice/smug attitude for 30 seconds. Caught the incident video in one of the other links

So, serious questions looking for serious, realistic, non-fantasy answers. I know few of us here are lawyers to offer legal advice, so let's get that out of the way. Realistically, what are you supposed to do in this situation? Call the police which, in many areas, aren't able to respond to incidents like this in any kind of timely manner? Tell the police "I'm armed and feel my life/safety is threatened? Sit back and let them shine lights in your house while telling you via bullhorn that "You don't know what's out here. You don't know what's pointed at you"? Does the scenario change at all if they move from the street to on your property?
I noticed something in that video that I wouldn't do. He seemed to be holding up the shotgun for the crowd to see. My plan for this situation is to call the police while you lock everything down, close curtains and turn off interior lights. Post people at each entrance. Nobody enters the building without permission. Everyone not on watch gets to the center of the house or wherever you think is safest. Sometimes the second floor isn't as safe as you think. Then we just stay quiet and hope none of them feel like visiting up close. Let them yell their hate for someone they've never met. I'll keep an eye on them but I'm not going to reply or let them see me. This is one of those times where an AR with a good light is your best choice. If you have a dog tell him you love him and put him by the front door.

How about this?

Build a giant slingshot, and practice launching water balloons from your back yard into the street in front of your place. Get someone to watch through a front window who can give you feedback on your phone about where your shots are landing, so you know how/where to aim.

Then - if you are so unlucky as to be visited by The Mob, make up ten or twenty water balloons with interesting additives. Dye, skunk juice, etc. Nothing lethal, but definitely something that should make people want to leave in a hurry.

If it's night time when they show up at your place, they probably won't even know where the balloons are coming from. Thump'em with a few, and I bet they'll leave.

Of course, you'd have to live with whatever stench you laid down on the street, until it wore off. But you probably wouldn't have to shoot anyone.

And if you did paint a bunch of people some weird color - and made them stink to high heaven - maybe they'd think twice about bothering people at their homes during the night.

Just an idea.

Before or after they Molotov your your house? :rolleyes:
It's fun to think about but probably difficult to defend in court or to your insurance company.

You're probably right. Especially if they're setting fire to your house with you and your family in it.

At that point, they would have escalated from just being a nuisance to being a deadly threat to you and your family. Do what you must to protect them. If I were in that situation, and had enough time, I'd be on the phone to the sheriff.

I think these encounters are staged and not random, but if I see a mob approaching and I'm in some public place, personally I'll gtfo of there. If they approach on my property then I'm free to engage as I see fit. Stay off my lawn.

Last Edited:
I noticed something in that video that I wouldn't do. He seemed to be holding up the shotgun for the crowd to see. My plan for this situation is to call the police while you lock everything down, close curtains and turn off interior lights.
I completely agree. There will be no confrontation, argument, attempted reasoning, or threat of violence from me.
And if the police can't come because they have more pressing matters (as I've heard has been the case lately unless it's an incredibly escalated situation)?
I think these encounters are staged and not random, but if I see a mob approaching and I'm in some public place, personally I'll gtfo of there. If they approach on my property then I'm free to engage as I see fit. Stay off my lawn.
In public, agree. If they're at your home like in the video (assuming it's not entirely staged since the police showed up, unless it's like a mini-movie), does a group with this behavior who escalate to trespassing warrant engagement?

I completely agree. There will be no confrontation, argument, attempted reasoning, or threat of violence from me.
And if the police can't come because they have more pressing matters (as I've heard has been the case lately unless it's an incredibly escalated situation)?

In public, agree. If they're at your home like in the video (assuming it's not entirely staged since the police showed up, unless it's like a mini-movie), does a group with this behavior who escalate to trespassing warrant engagement?
Just because police are there doesn't mean it's not staged. I'm not going to get into all that and me not supporting cops due to the forum rules, but trespassing for me does warrant engagement; especially if there are multiples up to no good. Usually if someone is in a mob and trespassing they're up to no good. And when I use the word "engagement" that means proper level of force of course. I've got plenty of non-lethal deterrents, but if they decide to not get the message then I'll employ proper force to stop the threat by any means necessary.

Historically, disparity of numbers HAS been considered a deadly-force threat in its own right.

Prosecution will be purely political. There's a bar owner in Omaha who shot a guy in SD, the prosecutor declined charges for that reason, and then community leaders, i.e., rioters and agenda pushers, turned the screws and now he is going to trial on a slew of charges.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top