JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most buyers seem to expect something for free
while at the same time expect the seller to give things away.
Depending on condition I sell what I have for 1/2 to 1/4 of the original price.
If that's not good enough go buy it for retail.
I'll keep it, I'll hug it and love it and squeeze it and I'll name it Bob.

Most buyers seem to expect something for free
while at the same time expect the seller to give things away.
Depending on condition I sell what I have for 1/2 to 1/4 of the original price.
If that's not good enough go buy it for retail.
I'll keep it, I'll hug it and love it and squeeze it and I'll name it Bob.
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to name it George... ;)

Those posts and the ones that say no shipping both get. Since the transaction still had to go through an FFL and if the buyers is willing to pay the cost of shipping, why are so many people set against shipping? It really doesn't make sense to me at all. The face to face thing is silly, in my opinion. They are really cutting down on their market.

Those posts and the ones that say no shipping both get. Since the transaction still had to go through an FFL and if the buyers is willing to pay the cost of shipping, why are so many people set against shipping? It really doesn't make sense to me at all. The face to face thing is silly, in my opinion. They are really cutting down on their market.
It might be cutting down on their market, but it's also cutting down on the potential hassles involved.

Just what hassles are you referring to?
First of all, have you ever had to deal with a shipping claim? They are a pain!

A few potential hassles are:

Firearm is lost or damaged in transit.
Receiving FFL does not accept shipments from private parties.
Components and accessories lost, damaged, or stolen at receiving FFL.
Customer is unable to inspect firearm prior to purchase, and may reject firearm on arrival.
Having to wait for the buyer to mail or electronically transfer funds.
Having to wait for funds to clear before shipping.
Having to worry about laws and restrictions in other states.

There are plenty of things that can go wrong, and for me it's just not worth the risk.
:s0092:

CC; What you say is true but after 50+ years of buying and selling guns I would have to guess that the number of problems I have can probably be counted on one hand.

This is a free market that shouldn't have whiners.

Shouldn't make shouldn't haves. ;)

Watch the shipping too. I almost bid on a gun a few days back but saw shipping was $120.00 ground.

Ok Ebay seller trick!! Almost got me a few times but I always notice once I get serious about a buy.

What gets me is people who say " or best offer " but don't sell it for the best offer because it is lower than what they wanted.

Then it wasn't the best offer right? ;) Think real estate, we are going to get bidders and we might take the best offer we get or none at all! Not a guarantee of anything!

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to name it George... ;)

Boy George? o_O

Too far to wheel and deal with most of you, but on classified sites, I dont really use "firm". It doesn't really leave you any wiggle room. I'd rather post for a few bucks more than my firm price, and negotiate down to it. Some people won't pull the trigger on purchasing an item unless they feel like they got a deal.

What cracks me up is the "$1000 dollars cash, $1150 trade". Like you have to pay a $150 more than the item is worth for the privilege of acquiring the rare gem they are selling because it's a trade? Do people really do that? I'll go to a pawn shop if I want to get screwed that hard.

Too far to wheel and deal with most of you, but on classified sites, I dont really use "firm". It doesn't really leave you any wiggle room. I'd rather post for a few bucks more than my firm price, and negotiate down to it. Some people won't pull the trigger on purchasing an item unless they feel like they got a deal.

What cracks me up is the "$1000 dollars cash, $1150 trade". Like you have to pay a $150 more than the item is worth for the privilege of acquiring the rare gem they are selling because it's a trade? Do people really do that? I'll go to a pawn shop if I want to get screwed that hard.
I've always presumed the additional trade value was because they know you will overvalue your trade offer, just as they overvalue the item they are selling.

At that point, I just consider any trade items to be valued at current market value or MSRP, rather than the normal discounted price one would sell it for.

It's just like a used car dealership giving you more for your trade-in while offsetting it with a higher price for their vehicle. The net price is the same, as long as both prices are adjusted accordingly.

I guess those of you that don't like people to be firm when they first post the ad also don't like those of us that say "No Trades" but then change our minds and say we'll take trades after all. I guess that makes us flakes as well. At least I'm a firm flake... although I might soften up later. You just never know.

Mike

I rare sell stuff on here... although the stuff I have sold, were priced quite a bit less than ebay/retail prices. On the other hand... I've sold only a few times off Craigslist and of all the sales... they all came with robot emailers and spammers and flakes. Seems Facebook Marketplace is also getting the same sort of flakes and spammers and scammers :mad:

I guess those of you that don't like people to be firm when they first post the ad also don't like those of us that say "No Trades" but then change our minds and say we'll take trades after all. I guess that makes us flakes as well. At least I'm a firm flake... although I might soften up later. You just never know.

Mike
I'm with you regarding trades. Even if it's a WTS ad and I'm looking for cash, I'm still always willing to entertain trade offers. Even if there's nothing I want or need at the moment, you never know when something might surprise you.

There are plenty of times I didn't know I needed something until I saw it... ;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top