JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, just to confirm. You have seen problems, which could also be considered hassles.
My problems were in reference to the I won't ship statements, that I don't understand.

My problems have been with USPS, UPS and FedEx. I have had things delivered to the wrong address, including a well marked Full Case of 9mms ammunition that the UPS was nice enough to carry into the garage of my next door neighbor, the 9 year old daughter couldn't carry it. Go with it, he forged my name to the receipt. He was fired and charged with Forgery, was arrested and promptly jumped back and hasn't been seen since.:mad::mad::mad:

That was the worst and is likely way it sticks out in my mind.

Five pages over "Firm". Really?:confused:
I can see it for no shows for a sale, maybe non reply to E mails, ridicules low balls, even not closing your ad, but obsessing over "firm"?:eek:
Well, maybe if copping a feel.:rolleyes:

I am going to be putting some items in the classifieds in a week or so.
I am approaching it with a bit of trepidation as I've read quite a few unhappy interactions.
When I place the ads I will price the items at a fair price and in big bold letters state "Price is Firm".
I do that to avoid all of the usual low ball offers that are common.
I am selling things because I can't use them. I am not financing my retirement.
If someone still low balls me I raise the price $25 for that person.
The price will be more than reasonable. I don't have time to play games trying to sell it.

I take people at their word. If they say 'firm' I assume that there is little to no wiggle room and I don't try - sometimes that means that I don't offer at all (often because I can get the same thing new for the same price or less, or a little more - especially on accessories and ammo - people really need to do research on prices things go for before putting them up for sale and then wondering why they don't sell).

Asking the going retail price for something I can have delivered to my house means I will usually buy it online and have it delivered. My time is worth $$$ to me, not including fuel and vehicle costs. I don't care what someone paid for something or how much they have into it - totally irrelevant to me. I care about the value to me, not the value to them. They need to look up the idea of "sunk cost".

I don't lowball items - although sometimes I wish I did - because anymore I pretty much already have more than the number of guns I need, so it has to be a deal I can't pass up to get my interest. The price may be fair, but right now it is a buyer's market and probably will be for a while (I am expecting an economic slowdown for the next 5-10 years) although when things turn around politically in 2020 (sooner on a state by state basis), there will be panic buying by those who are not paying attention now and stocking up.

I may ask for 5-10% off something, but I usually wait for the price to come down on its own if I think it will. It often does.

My only is is sellers that think like new = New Pricing and + a BGC not worth paying the same price.
Saw that allot when the new S&W Shield 2.0 came out, people were trying to sell the original for same price as the new 2.0 :eek::eek::eek:.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top