JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@DIESELRATTLE is that you in the pic below? 🤣

26992334_1795277177172614_2921914392849703679_n.jpg

Everything is for sale................hopefully BEFORE I am dead..............

I have a Winchester Model 53 in 32-20 that was given to me by the guys at work when I retired. It's the same model of rifle that I killed my first deer with when I was 9 years old.

I took this rifle out to the range to sight it in for deer season the other day. I had not touched it in probably 10 months. I fired 3 rounds and got a 1" group, dead center, 1" high at 100 yards, which is perfect for a .30-06 to be dead on at 200 yards. That's exactly as I left it last year. After those 3 rounds I put it away. Clyde, the range master, asked if that's all I was going to shoot and I told him I was going down to the pistol range to try out a new pistol. Why screw with it when it's dead on? He just chuckled and nodded.
Several years ago I took my Ruger to a sight in day at Douglas Ridge. I really went to sight in the new scope on my friends Savage 7mm and decided to drag my rifle along. After dealing with Roger's Savage I brought my rifle to the firing line. Shot one round. The spotter put his pin on the target board and turned the board away from me when I wanted to see. With a smile on his face he turned it around to show the pin directly in the center. He was disappointed I didn't shoot more of a group. I told him, "That's right where it shot last year. I'm good."

@ZigZagZeke , Where I hunt (west side, Cascade Range) most of my shots will be within 60 yards and a 100 yard zero is perfect for this. Plus an '06 shoots flat enough that a direct hold up to 200 is not an issue. The bullet drops less than my aiming error will be! :D Admittedly when I hunted the east side of the state I had the 100 yard zero set like you described.

Back to the subject at hand. I always wanted a Pre-64 Model 70 in 30-06. Now I have one and after fixing it up and playing with it for a couple of years the feeling is kind of like "Eh. Whatever". In the back of my mind I've been tossing over the idea of putting it up for sale. It's a heavy chunk. I'm not likely to hunt with it. I dunno...

However, this decision isn't one being made because I need the money for bills. It would be made to stash the money for some other toy that grabbed my attention. That's "Play money". :s0073:

Several years ago I took my Ruger to a sight in day at Douglas Ridge. I really went to sight in the new scope on my friends Savage 7mm and decided to drag my rifle along. After dealing with Roger's Savage I brought my rifle to the firing line. Shot one round. The spotter put his pin on the target board and turned the board away from me when I wanted to see. With a smile on his face he turned it around to show the pin directly in the center. He was disappointed I didn't shoot more of a group. I told him, "That's right where it shot last year. I'm good."

I had a similar experience with this rifle about 3 years ago. I shot a 3 shot group to start, which was about an inch in diameter and centered on the bullseye. I was going to quit there, but the spotter talked me into another shot and it was a spinner. He just shook his head and smiled.

, Where I hunt (west side, Cascade Range) most of my shots will be within 60 yards and a 100 yard zero is perfect for this. Plus an '06 shoots flat enough that a direct hold up to 200 is not an issue. The bullet drops less than my aiming error will be! :D Admittedly when I hunted the east side of the state I had the 100 yard zero set like you described.

I hunt near Maupin on some family ranch property that is used to grow winter wheat and graze cattle. It's wheat fields among canyons with house sized rocks, lava flows with basketball sized rocks, and scrub juniper. Most of my shots are about 100 yards, but last weekend I was watching a herd of deer at 800 yards. As I moved to get within range something spooked them and they ran onto property where I don't have permission to hunt.
IMG_0632.JPG IMG_0641.JPG IMG_0639.JPG

Back to the subject at hand. I always wanted a Pre-64 Model 70 in 30-06. Now I have one and after fixing it up and playing with it for a couple of years the feeling is kind of like "Eh. Whatever". In the back of my mind I've been tossing over the idea of putting it up for sale. It's a heavy chunk. I'm not likely to hunt with it. I dunno...

However, this decision isn't one being made because I need the money for bills. It would be made to stash the money for some other toy that grabbed my attention. That's "Play money". :s0073:
Same here. Money from the sale of a gun or a tool is capital money, not to be used for consumables like groceries or rent.

Savage 22 Bolt rifle / Colt 32-20 police positive revolver / Winchester 1200 pump shotgun my Father gave B4 He passed away none of them are really worth anything but to me .

EDM Windrunner M96
But I would never sell any of my guns because I only buy guns I love, no crap in my collection. And honestly selling a gun seems like to much hassle in most states. Long gone are the grey gun sale days lol.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top