JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Every gun of mine is for sale at some point. I'd sell any of them.
Same here.

Sell and/or gift - I have NO final ties to ANY of my stuff at my age.

I felt that way 20 PLUS years ago too.

STUFF is just stuff.

Don't let your stuff end up owning you is my motto.

What I gifted got used by the new person.

What I sold was sold. I have NO regrets. The STUFF that got sold was not sold because of a cash issue too.

Old Lady Cate

My Wilson CQB.
My Colt Series 70, the first pistol I ever bought 40 or so years ago.
My Steyr Scout Too many fond memories of hunts and game I've taken here and in Africa
AND...
My M1A I had it built into a Bush rifle by Smith Enterprises

I can't say I would never sell them, but I will say they'd be the last of my guns that I would sell.

My very first gun, a Mossberg 500
My very first AR build
My Barrett M82A1, which took me a decade to afford.

Everything else, really, is replaceable. You can't replace sentimental value

I have three that I would never sell....but I hope to gift to someone someday.
They are my :

Hawken Rifle...many memories made with this rifle...as well as much respect for the rifle maker.
Series '70 Colt Government ...My dad's pistol and first pistol I ever shot.
1962 Wingmaster...given to me , by my grandpa...first gun I ever owned...and still gets used to this day.

They all have wear and show signs of use...so no collector's safe queens here.
Nor do they have the greatest of monetary value...but to me they are priceless , due to the memories tied to them.

I hope to gift them to someone who has some sort of connection to them and what they represent.
Andy

I can't say I'd never sell them but I have a few I'd sell last if needed. Bolt guns in .22, 223 and 300 Win Mag. 12 ga shotgun. Pistols in .22 , 38 Super and 10mm. Revolvers in .357, 45 Colt and 44 Mag. Th rest are mostly test fixtures for my ammo business so could be converted to something else when I retire (again)

Last Edited:
My friend who used to work at Detonics built these 10mm's for me. I will never sell either one of them. 20190625_162618.jpg

With me it's my Browning A Bolt 22. A true pleasure to look at as well as shoot. It's so accurate it makes me look good.

Everything else can potentially go if the need for them changes. Firearms are tools. Currently I have the need for them and don't see that changing in my lifetime.

I kind of agree that everything has its price. But, my Dad's .30-06 that he customized, my Granddad's Model 12 would likely be the last to go because nobody would pay me what they are worth to me. I have a baseball from the late 30s signed by both DiMaggios, Lefty Gomez, Tony Lazzeri, and a few others. Like the guns, nobody will give me what its worth to me. The rest of the guns, make me an offer. But, for now, I will more likely sell only to "trade up". If there is something I really want, I'll start at the bottom of the desirability list and work up.

I've purposefully tax stamped much of what I own to make it more difficult on myself to do what I normally do. Rent. I basically rented guns in the past. Used it to see if I enjoyed it or not, or just to try, and sold it off to do it all over again. This worked quite well as I usually used the money from the last to fund the new, using fairly a small amount of outside funds to help purchase the new. Now, I actually must use mostly outside funds to buy new things, and the ones I have aren't really something I want to sell anymore and or are harder to sell because of the tax stamps.

Long story short, most if not all of my current collection is not for sale anytime soon.

I have a few "family" guns that will be passed down. For the most part, those can't be sold. I have a grandson and two nephews (Dad's grandkids) that will end up with them) I've already gifted a couple.
The rest? Who knows? I've sold guns I swore I'd never sell, one of them twice!

The ones that came from family and will go on to family - plus a couple of my own.

My great-grandfather's Winchester model 12 in 16 gage
My father's Winchester 94 in 30-30
The Navy 7.62 Garand I won at a Marine Corp Divisional match
The Iver Johnson .32 revolver my dad's great-uncle kept in his cash box when he owned a cigar store back in the Mid-West

My father's 1964 Colt Trooper 4" service revolver. I have pictures of me and him standing together about 65 or 66 with him in his San Bernardino county sheriff deputy's uniform, that revolver on his hip, and me being about four or five.

Last Edited:
I kind of agree that everything has its price. But, my Dad's .30-06 that he customized, my Granddad's Model 12 would likely be the last to go because nobody would pay me what they are worth to me. I have a baseball from the late 30s signed by both DiMaggios, Lefty Gomez, Tony Lazzeri, and a few others. Like the guns, nobody will give me what its worth to me. The rest of the guns, make me an offer. But, for now, I will more likely sell only to "trade up". If there is something I really want, I'll start at the bottom of the desirability list and work up.
Vikings started the whole boating accident thing so..

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top