JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Typical caveats apply in that this was created by a gun club, and was created at a point in time based on their understanding of HB1240 (ie., updates to WA State laws may not be represented in this decision tree).

WA State HB1240 Assault Weapon decision tree.jpg

What's a "fix magazine?" Is that like a fixed magazine, for the marginally literate? Oh, the D sound got lost and found its way to "centerfired."

Really not impressive what this William Kirk guy puts his name on. It's almost like those words are being used for the first time by those unfamiliar with them. I wonder where the the shoulder thing that goes up is on the chart.

I still think the fact that you can built a bolt action (Fe standard ar with gas system disabled) or a muzzle loading ar (they sell muzzle loading complete uppers) should allow a WA resident to legally purchase an AR lower by itself for the purpose of building one of those WA legal guns.

Never forget--if you voted for anyone who vote FOR this, YOU are the problem. Your penance is to work as hard as you can to ensure that they are defeated in the D Primary, and then again in the General.

or a muzzle loading ar (they sell muzzle loading complete uppers) should allow a WA resident to legally purchase an AR lower by itself for the purpose of building one of those WA legal guns.
Today I learned someone is actually building muzzlelaoding AR's:

Lol price is 1776.00

Re. Using muzzleloading upper. One can buy a lower with intent to build a muzzleloader (or bolt action), in theory anyway.
If anything is actually banned, it's lower receivers. Muzzle-loader would be readily convertible. If you have a complete gas AR upper laying around, constructive possession.

What's a "fix magazine?" Is that like a fixed magazine, for the marginally literate? Oh, the D sound got lost and found its way to "centerfired."

Really not impressive what this William Kirk guy puts his name on. It's almost like those words are being used for the first time by those unfamiliar with them. I wonder where the the shoulder thing that goes up is on the chart.
Securité Gun Club made the flowchart. Guessing they just had William Kirk review it to ensure it accurately reflects the new law. There are probably more productive ways to deal with your frustrations than throwing shade at folks who actively promote 2A and raise awareness about our rights. I get you're not a fan of him, but seriously, your animosity should be aimed at the a$$hats that put this abomination into effect, not those trying to battle it.

Screenshot_20230610-082739.png

If anything is actually banned, it's lower receivers. Muzzle-loader would be readily convertible. If you have a complete gas AR upper laying around, constructive possession.
Yea lots of things to be scared of... one has to decide for themselves what they want to do in radical left government which is actively disarming civilians, against the constitution.

Securité Gun Club made the flowchart. Guessing they just had William Kirk review it to ensure it accurately reflects the new law. There are probably more productive ways to deal with your frustrations than throwing shade at folks who actively promote 2A and raise awareness about our rights. I get you're not a fan of him, but seriously, your animosity should be aimed at the a$$hats that put this abomination into effect, not those trying to battle it.

View attachment 1435389
It's good that wa gun law guy is doing retraction videos now. He had two last week correcting mistakes he made, including saying anyone in TX can own and use pistol braces, which was incorrect.

It's good that wa gun law guy is doing retraction videos now. He had two last week correcting mistakes he made, including saying anyone in TX can own and use pistol braces, which was incorrect.
He should not have made those mistakes in the first place given how he represents himself as gun law authority, esquire. The retractions are to cover his posterior.

It's not about being scared, it's about reading and interpreting what a law says.
Law says semi auto. First box of the flow chart is accurate Imo. Not a semi auto, not a banned item. Everyone is free to interpret the law how they want however. If you got several lawyers in the room I'm sure you would get several different answers.

Law says semi auto. First box of the flow chart is accurate Imo. Not a semi auto, not a banned item. Everyone is free to interpret the law how they want however. If you got several lawyers in the room I'm sure you would get several different answers.
It does say semi-auto... did you read the sections about 'readily convertible' (or similar language)?

What would happen if I acquired a new lower receiver today? Let's pretend I own guns (of course I don't/boating accident), and that I own twice as many uppers as I do lowers (the thrill of the build is really in the upper, or so I have read). I buy a new lower and shazam! I am in constructive possession of a new 'assault weapon.' Just pop one of the spare uppers on it. It would be utterly moronic of me to do so.

I still think the fact that you can built a bolt action (Fe standard ar with gas system disabled) or a muzzle loading ar (they sell muzzle loading complete uppers) should allow a WA resident to legally purchase an AR lower by itself for the purpose of building one of those WA legal guns.
So is there any FFL's still selling lowers in WA state? Will not matter what anyone thinks will fly if there is no FFL willing to transfer. So has anyone found an FFL in WA that will sell a lower to WA resident?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top