JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, so he can't read a statute or federal code?

If he's going to give bad advice for another state, he's put himself in the hotseat for resulting criticism.

So is there any FFL's still selling lowers in WA state? Will not matter what anyone thinks will fly if there is no FFL willing to transfer. So has anyone found an FFL in WA that will sell a lower to WA resident?
Hopefully anyone that knows the answer to your question will PM you vice posting it publicly, to keep any AFT lurkers from getting an easy mark.

Hopefully anyone that knows the answer to your question will PM you vice posting it publicly, to keep any AFT lurkers from getting an easy mark.
I believe it would be state only as it's a state prohibition. I don't think aft would get involved in that. If it was felon buying a gun, sbr violation etc those would be violation of federal law.

If any of the FFL's here are transferring lowers the ATF could care less. The ATF would have to buy off on the sale or it would not happen. If anyone is going to do anything it would be the WA AG. I just looked at a couple shops website's here and they are showing AR lowers for sale and so far nothing saying they are no longer selling them. So no idea what is going on with this. I got too busy to get the range last few weeks. Will be checking in at the shop there to see if they are still selling lowers when I get the time to drop in to shoot again.

If any of the FFL's here are transferring lowers the ATF could care less. The ATF would have to buy off on the sale or it would not happen. If anyone is going to do anything it would be the WA AG. I just looked at a couple shops website's here and they are showing AR lowers for sale and so far nothing saying they are no longer selling them. So no idea what is going on with this. I got too busy to get the range last few weeks. Will be checking in at the shop there to see if they are still selling lowers when I get the time to drop in to shoot again.
Check your inbox, amigo.

Is a Ruger 10/22 legal?
I think 1240 rewrites the RCW on what is an assault weapon. Since 1240 excludes rimfire rifles, I am hoping this means I can go buy a 10/22 without the blah blah training requirements of 1639. A 10/22 Charger, as a pistol, might not work since there is no distinction between centerfire and rimfire in 1240s definitions of a pistol. So a Charger with sinful features would still be nixed under 1240.

Preaching to the choir, 1240 has produced a hideously vague set of expectations as to what is legal and what is not. Especially where parts/builds are concerned. Really, short of registration and/or confiscation, the antis could not have done much better as far as effect of their law. I guess serendipity is for dipsticks too.

I think 1240 rewrites the RCW on what is an assault weapon. Since 1240 excludes rimfire rifles, I am hoping this means I can go buy a 10/22 without the blah blah training requirements of 1639. A 10/22 Charger, as a pistol, might not work since there is no distinction between centerfire and rimfire in 1240s definitions of a pistol. So a Charger with sinful features would still be nixed under 1240.

Preaching to the choir, 1240 has produced a hideously vague set of expectations as to what is legal and what is not. Especially where parts/builds are concerned. Really, short of registration and/or confiscation, the antis could not have done much better as far as effect of their law. I guess serendipity is for dipsticks too.
so far I'm not seeing anything on rimfire rifles in 1240, so far in my reading it when it gets specific to rifles it always specifically states "centerfire".
(I'm guessing that was an oversight on their part...)

If a lower by itself already counts as an AW, then it should be legal to buy and put an upper for your existing lowers since you're merely modifying an existing AW and not actually assembling one.

If a lower by itself does not count as an AW, then at least you should be able to go out and buy new lowers.

If a lower by itself already counts as an AW, then it should be legal to buy and put an upper for your existing lowers since you're merely modifying an existing AW and not actually assembling one.

If a lower by itself does not count as an AW, then at least you should be able to go out and buy new lowers.
It doesn't have to make sense; It just has to infringe in some way. It's about chipping away a little at a time. It's clearly never been about safety, or we'd be safer by now.

Are you really expecting law makers to do things with gun law that make sense? :s0140:

You'd be surprised how many "weak sisters" there are in the gun community who say "my [other social issue] is more important" or "I luurve my Bambi Blaster but nobody needs..." out there, some on this site.
You are ABSOLUTELY correct! Just be a visitor from another state to some of the gun shops. Not to mention liberals that own guns and still vote Democrat.

I swear this is purgatory. There is no way that some of this crap is actually happening. It's just to dam bizarre.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top