JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They were a better financial vehicle when they weren't hampered by increased regulation in west coast states. In recent times, this situation has cut into their liquidity.

There are elements of timing, mostly serendipitous, in making good money on guns. Both in making individual scores and political outcomes, the latter of which are mostly out of our control.

Guns can be more like an inflation-resistant savings rather than an investment, and even then not always. There are some guns that have actually gone down in value when considering inflation. The majority seem to keep up with inflation; it seems like it's only a small minority that significantly outpace inflation.

In my case, I've never bought anything as an "investment." I am something of a collector, but one who wants to enjoy his collection rather than hoping to someday profit. As such, it's definitely wise to buy low on the assumption that prices will increase, but that's more to avoid spending excessively later rather than to resell.

For example I picked up a CETME-L not too long ago, because I wanted one for the collection and figured prices will jump once parts kits run out and they're not made anymore. I do shoot the gun because keeping it pristine for resale value was never the point. Figured it was wise to get it one sale for $1050 now rather than $1600 once they're not made anymore.

I sure hope they are worth something to someone. I am on the verge of too many. Cant close the safes. I am down to only wanting one particular hunting rifle.

If I get a chance to find one at a deal then I will officially have too many. Then I need to contact adoption agencies.

I would say that guns in general like what you can buy today a any gun store are not what I would call a good financial investment but I would say they have greater value long term health and welfare value. Guns that are rare today will be even more rare in the future. Those might have some investment value, but a Glock 17 will be a Glock 17 forever no matter how many of them you have. The one thing I see as the best long term investment is raw land. They aren't making more of it and any improvements with in reason increase it's value.

Well, the stock and bond markets continue to suck, with the latter the worst since 1842. And Bitcoin has tanked recently too. Which leads me to the question: have you ever parked investment funds in guns primarily for the very reason you believed it would increase in value and be sold down the road? Yes, I am aware of the nudge-nudge, wink-wink "investment" talk about firearms acquisition, but I mean the former reason.

If so, what did you invest in, why, and how did it work out? If not, why not? Thanks for sharing.
No, I never bought a gun for investment reasons or for collector reasons.

I never owned safe queens but I have known people on and/or off the WWWeb who owned them for investment purposes. I saw some of their firearms since they wanted me to see them.

I believe the stock market, bit coin, precious metals, etc. markets are MANIPULATED big time too.

Cate

Best investment ever.
$2-300 may well be the difference between you pushing up daisies or able to enjoy yet another day breathing air.
You said what my late husband used to say - not verbatim but close enough!

Take care.

Cate

Like a lot here, I didn't buy any guns for investment purposes, but in the past couple of years when checking values for insurance purposes, a lot have gone up 2x to 4x in value over what I paid for them. Certainly done better than my 401k or stocks during the same time span.

Notably lever guns seem to have had some of the fastest growth in value. Some examples:
- 1973 Winchester 9422 bought in 2018 for $400. These days, $800+
- Marlin 1894CSBL also bought in 2018 for $900. These days, completed auctions run $1800+
- Marlin (JM) 1894CS again bought in 2018 (I REALLY had a thing for lever guns that year) for $450. Now, $1000+.

And that's not even the high point. A year ago, they were worth more than that but I didn't sell then and I'm not selling now.

Now if we get back to the land of $3k "cheapo" ARs, I might be persuaded that someone else needs them more than I do.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top