JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wish I could tell you guys the actual details on this matter. For the record I am not white as the newspaper says just fyi.
We would love to hear more but as a fellow gun owner, please consult your lawyer before you post anything here. Once he gives you the OK, I for one will have a lot of questions.

And most of all, I hope that you're not in a lot of pain and that you recover fully.

I wish I could tell you guys the actual details on this matter. For the record I am not white as the newspaper says just fyi.

A follow up article in the Register Guard noted that the person that was shot was Hispanic. I noted that in a later post.

I sure hope that you are getting some good legal advice. For it seems to many of us that you most certainly did not deserve to be shot.

We would love to hear more but as a fellow gun owner, please consult your lawyer before you post anything here. Once he gives you the OK, I for one will have a lot of questions.

And most of all, I hope that you're not in a lot of pain and that you recover fully.

So here is the deal, you are correct on what you said about the lawyers. I am not allowed to say what actually happened or else I could be charged with a crime.

There was a comment on the Register-Guard's web site by a person claiming to be a friend of the fellow who got shot. Here's part of it:

I am somebody who knows Edgar Rodriguez personally and what you all are saying is pretty much on target, except for the idiots who think the police were just doing their job. The problem for them is that he survived. He's a minority who legally open carried a handgun for self protection from the guy he called the police about and they shot him instead. These cops had better be fired and brought up on charges of attempted murder because Rod wouldn't hurt a fly. He's in school studying to become a doctor. I served with him in Iraq and we carried guns all day everday and Rod never pointed his at anyone and vice versa, so to imply that he would point a weapon at a police officer is beyond ludicrous.

This is going to turn out to be a bad shoot. A really bad shoot.

As much as we would all like to know exactly what happened, Dochapphour, you really should not be talking about this online at all. It is amazing how saying something completely innocent can be taken out of context and used against you, no sense in taking that chance.

I wish you the best. Some day after the dust has cleared on this, come back and tell the whole story, if you will.

Best of luck to you.

If you need any legal defense help, post up a gofundme page and then let us know about it here and I for one, will be glad to help out.

We will stand with you and support you any way we can.

Robert

So criminal charges won't happen but that's not saying a civil suit isn't happening.

I'd like to hear audio...

Curious as to how this plays out.

The alleged recipient of police gunfire joined NWFA 9/16/16 and the incident was 09/10/16?

That appears to have been the day that he was released from the hospital. Someone must have told him about NWFA.

It is wrong for the government and/or press to withhold so much information. We still do not even know what the nature and extent of his injuries, or what doctors had to do in order to save his life.

How seriously was he injured? Even if shot in rather non-vital areas, six hits from a .45 is probably still going to be life threatening and do some damage.

And the police department's own internal review of the incident has not been released. It is still an on-going investigation, I believe.

Last Edited:
So criminal charges won't happen but that's not saying a civil suit isn't happening.

I'd like to hear audio...

Well, a tort claim was quickly filed. So it indeed is happening. The city could simply negotiate a settlement with his attorney, or decide to fight it in court.

If it gets settled out of court, then we will most likely never learn anything further.

I am quite certain that all Eugene officers are issued .45 caliber SIG P220's Getting shot SIX TIMES with a .45 ? That must have really hurt a lot, and leave some permanent issues. It is actually a minor miracle that he is still alive.

It would be interesting to know what else is in the tort claim. But for some reason, the Register Guard said very little about it.

It is going to come down to what is really on that audio tape. If it is as he says and there was no warning given before he was shot, he is going to win. Might win even if there was a warning but it would be much harder, he would need to claim the cops gave the warning and fired instantly afterwords and that very well could be exactly what did happen.

What really did happen? The public will probably never know. I am sure there will eventually be a settlement where he will be asked to sign a agreement not to discuss it in public so the cops won't look bad. Then the press will file public records request and find out that audio tape was some how lost or deleted accidentally.

So, don't ever expect to really know the truth on this. The only way the truth is ever know concerning police shootings is if a citizens video tapes the incident and releases the tape.

Think about it, how many actually audio/video tapes of shootings recorded by the cops ever get released to the public?

Oh sure, maybe a few have but by and large, usually does not happen and I'm sure you can all figure out why.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top