JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Out here in Warren a couple of years back a bad guy was running from the cops.
He crashed at the corner of the farm 35 feet away from the neighbor in his garden.
The cops ran up shot the hell out of him then yelled police drop the weapon.
( A weapon that he did not have by the way )
The neighbor recorded all of this including the two cops high 5'n each other afterword.

Needless to say they took his phone and arrested him for obstruction.
To bad for them he was broadcasting it live. 3 months later all charges against him were dropped .
If this guy has one bullet in his side or back the bubblegumers should be charged with attempted murder.

All the cameras are OFF or malfunctioning my butt.

Did it say he had the gun out? Maybe they just asked if he was armed he said yes and they shot, or I wouldn't be surprised if the the cops KNEW someone at that residence was armed (it's the digital age, donchaknow).... Cops know someone has a gun there, so they roll up ready to rock and roll.....Too bad there are no invesitgative reporters that go interview all the witnesses and then report the facts as far as the witnesses saw.
SHot 5-8 times....what, they couldn't find all their brass? That alone seems sketchy.
Brutus Out

The second article stated he had his gun out and the officers yelled to put it down. It also said they parked far enough away and in a manner that the dashcam didnt pick up video but caught audio. Just going by the article.

Out here in Warren a couple of years back a bad guy was running from the cops.
He crashed at the corner of the farm 35 feet away from the neighbor in his garden.
The cops ran up shot the hell out of him then yelled police drop the weapon.
( A weapon that he did not have by the way )
The neighbor recorded all of this including the two cops high 5'n each other afterword.

Needless to say they took his phone and arrested him for obstruction.
To bad for them he was broadcasting it live. 3 months later all charges against him were dropped .
If this guy has one bullet in his side or back the bubblegumers should be charged with attempted murder.

All the cameras are OFF or malfunctioning my butt.

Didn't sound like the dashcams were off. They were pointed the wrong direction. Not sure if the audio was released, but it was reported they yelled for him him to drop it and then shot him. Two officers with 5 to 8 hits with none immediately lethal is what I read.

"The Washington Privacy Act does not require officer consent because the Washington Supreme Court has recognized that a conversation between a police officer and a member of the public that occurs in the performance of the officer's duties is not private."

Works both ways, IMO. Photography in public is legal in the USA.

As far as being in the thick of it when police arrive, (suggest you practice this in your car or someplace private, so you don't look crazy) holster your weapon as you see them pull up, and raise empty hands and yell to them, "I'm your RP!" "I'm your RP!".

RP is in police lingo for Reporting Party.

I have also advised people to give the dispatcher your description, first your height, weight and age, then appearance starting from the top down: tan hat, brown hair, blue T-shirt, green pants and tennis shoes" or whatever you're wearing. Something to aim for, anyway, there might not be time to get it all in.

"The Washington Privacy Act does not require officer consent because the Washington Supreme Court has recognized that a conversation between a police officer and a member of the public that occurs in the performance of the officer's duties is not private."

Works both ways, IMO. Photography in public is legal in the USA.

As far as being in the thick of it when police arrive, (suggest you practice this in your car or someplace private, so you don't look crazy) holster your weapon as you see them pull up, and raise empty hands and yell to them, "I'm your RP!" "I'm your RP!".

RP is in police lingo for Reporting Party.

I have also advised people to give the dispatcher your description, first your height, weight and age, then appearance starting from the top down: tan hat, brown hair, blue T-shirt, green pants and tennis shoes" or whatever you're wearing. Something to aim for, anyway, there might not be time to get it all in.
This helps them to identify your corpse quicker and start the CYA in a timely manner. ;)

Never get involved in a domestic quarrel as a third party. Call the cops, secure your door, and stay out of the way. Failure to obey is the prime cause of why people get shot by cops. And domestic disturbances are the leading cause of death for cops. Put the two together and it is a bad combination.

Ok so going to ask a few questions here before even reading the article, and then see how I feel afterwards. Call it an experiment :p

1 - If the complaintant had a gun, why did he not inform the 911 dispatcher of this as well as giving them a full description of himself so they know who to look for.

2 - If the police shot him for having a weapon, presumably the weapon was out. If the weapon was drawn, why did he not lower it immediately upon a) seeing/hearing the police arrive or b) being commanded to by the cops.

3 - If he was willing to draw his weapon, why was he unwilling to fire it at the attacker. You don't draw on a person unless you're willing to fire; that's basic gun safety rules 101 is it not?

Without even reading the article (yet), I'm sensing a lot of bad decisions already here. Now off to read more details lol.

You are making the assumption that the man has a holster for his handgun. A lot of folks buy handguns for home defense, and never bother to purchase a holster, much less use one.

There has still been a virtual news blackout about this shooting. Nothing further has been provided by the Eugene Police so far, other than to name the two officers involved in the shooting, and give the name of the shot would-be good samaritan.

It turns out that the man that was shot is Hispanic. Last word is that his condition at the hospital had been upgraded to Fair. Those are the only two new facts about the case that the local newspaper has reported so far.

The Eugene Police Department has a long history of being very secretive, and failing to release details of officer involved incidents. 8 years ago there was a controversial tasering of a University of Oregon student at a downtown environmental protest. The student was convicted of 2 misdemeanors, but his conviction for resisting arrest was overturned on appeal last year, 7 years later. The Oregon Supreme Court had since ruled that a person can legally defend himself from an officer, if the officer appears to be using unreasonable force:

<broken link removed>

And just a few hours earlier today, the Oregon Supreme Court has ruled that the City of Eugene must release the records of their internal police investigation into this tasering to the ACLU, which is considering a lawsuit against the city on the student's behalf.

OR Supreme Court Orders Eugene To Release Records In Taser Case

So good luck on us ever learning specific details about this incident. 8 years after this tasering incident, they are still trying to learn the details of the investigation in that case.

So much for our government being "open and transparent".

You are exactly right on this, it'll fall by the wayside, because it doesn't fit the agenda or narrative... Unless they can paint the Good Samaritan as some sort of crazed, gun nut, vigilante...

And that is exactly what they by pointing out that the neighbor said he had lots of guns and when shooting a lot really not important to the story . The important parts seem to be missing.

You are making the assumption that the man has a holster for his handgun. A lot of folks buy handguns for home defense, and never bother to purchase a holster, much less use one.

You are correct on that matter, there wasn*t a holster the weapon in question was too large. I am the person that was shot in Eugene. I

Eugene Police are releasing virtually zero details about this shooting Friday night, other than to say that a man called 911 to report a woman was being beaten by her drunk boyfriend in an apartment late Friday night. Police arrived on the scene, and confronted a man who they now believe is actually the person who called 911 for help. However, he was armed with a handgun, and the Eugene officers fired somewhere between 5 to 8 rounds at him, according to witnesses.

The man, who the police have yet to identify, was taken to Sacred Heart Hospital in serious condition, but is expected to survive. He remains in the intensive care unit as of today.

Why are the police being so tight lipped? Was this maybe a bad shooting, of an innocent person? A neighbor in the apartment next to the shot man described him as being super nice and friendly. Although she did note that he owned guns and would often go target shooting.

The Eugene Police did say that there is no video recording of the incident, and that because the shooting is under investigation, no further information will be released for now.

Sounds like the poor guy should have just let the man beat his girlfriend, and should not have attempted to intervene. Just look at what what it got him.

Here is an early report:

<broken link removed>

And here is a follow up in today's newspaper, saying that the man police shot was the person who actually had called for help:

Man hospitalized after being shot by 2 officers responding to report of dispute at Eugene apartment

I wish I could tell you guys the actual details on this matter. For the record I am not white as the newspaper says just fyi.

You are correct on that matter, there wasn*t a holster the weapon in question was too large. I am the person that was shot in Eugene. I
Seriously? Lots of armchair warriors on here spouting off what they don't know. I apologize for them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top