JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was just throwing up a response to my day. I hope you also saw the positives we put up also.
1.safe
2. Convenient
3. Same price as a hour drive
4. Unlike other places you can shoot your own ammo, and use targets
5. Friendly, and helpful (the lady's you were teaching)
6.one of the only public ranges around
-------------
The bad is just part of dealing with a public range.
1. Busy
2. Pricey (see above)
3.more rules ( I understand the liability issues)
4. Getting snacked in the face by some guys brass
5. Steep hill that makes me tired (haha again liability.+ some exercise isn't a bad thing)

So as you can see the pros out weigh the cons. I am sorry if I offended you. The title is catchy to get some other people to give there feedback as you can tell.

I started this thread while standing there after a couple guys took the open lanes I was waiting for. I wasn't trying to say it was your fault (you were busy and I understand that) I was standing there for a half hour before with all my stuff and it was getting heavy. Lol.
Maybe I should have spoke up sooner but dont want any confrontation at the range :)
No problem at all-I value you as a customer and as a fellow shooter. Your feedback is valid and if I can do anything to make your experience better feel free to hit me up at anytime. I'm here for you buddy.

You may have seen an extremely popular video by Nutnfancy called, The 380 Sucks, and it has 750,000 views. It's just a common phrase to grab attention. This title certainly draws out supporters to defend a favorite gun range. Quite frankly, for one reason or another, every public range around here sucks to some degree.

I couldn't imagine being the guy to service it. Do they make sucker hoses that go that far? Or could the truck drive down there? I can barely carry my own gear up and down that hill...
Yeah there's no way to service one down there. I carry multiple 5gallon buckets full of brass up that hill so yes I know the hill sucks but also that hill is prob one of the biggest reasons we haven't been moved out. If you haven't noticed all the land is being developed around the Pit-if we were at ground level there is no way we would be able to stay.

Yeah there's no way to service one down there. I carry multiple 5gallon buckets full of brass up that hill so yes I know the hill sucks but also that hill is prob one of the biggest reasons we haven't been moved out. If you haven't noticed all the land is being developed around the Pit-if we were at ground level there is no way we would be able to stay.
No wonder you look like "the mountain".

We'll be busy for sure but I'll get you in as soon as I can. See you tomorrow.

I was there Saturday, first time at a range, what range were you working? There was a bit of a wait, maybe five minutes for the 50y rifle, followed by about 10 minutes when we wanted to go to the handguns. No complaints from me.

Being my first time at a range, I was a bit uneasy, but I thought the RO's were polite and more importantly in control of the range. I didn't even know how to lock my bolt back, and the RO was happy to show me without making me feel like an idiot.

Although I still prefer land to myself in the woods, I had a good time. Thanks

I was there Saturday, first time at a range, what range were you working? There was a bit of a wait, maybe five minutes for the 50y rifle, followed by about 10 minutes when we wanted to go to the handguns. No complaints from me.

Being my first time at a range, I was a bit uneasy, but I thought the RO's were polite and more importantly in control of the range. I didn't even know how to lock my bolt back, and the RO was happy to show me without making me feel like an idiot.

Are you the guy with the $3000+ rifle that you got for $2200?

I wish I was! Was that the guy in the 100y rifle range? I never ventured over to see what the commotion was about.
That dude bought his first rifle, that he got a smoking deal on: Savage 10 rifle, heavy custom SS barrel, Viper Vortex PST scope, carbon chasis, all for $2200. The RSO above was on the rifle range.

I was on pistol in the morning and then over on rifle around noon. We hired 2 guys so I was just checking on them and helping out with whatever side was busiest. I believe it was me that showed you how to lock your bolt back. Between the new guy and myself we helped spot and sight in half a dozen customers-good times! I had a great time and the weather made it that much better.

Heh....Never been to the place but I've been following this thread. I was talking to Wifey yesterday a saying we should go up there one day when we had nothing better to do and scope it out just for the heck of it. Sounds interesting.....Having to schlep all you gear down a rocky path into a PIT, and then back up again when you're done. Do they have Sherpas, or something for the old[er] and/or infirm?:D

Should the title of this thread be changed now? "English Pit is Cool"

Mike

Heh....Never been to the place but I've been following this thread. I was talking to Wifey yesterday a saying we should go up there one day when we had nothing better to do and scope it out just for the heck of it. Sounds interesting.....Having to schlep all you gear down a rocky path into a PIT, and then back up again when you're done. Do they have Sherpas, or something for the old[er] and/or infirm?:D

Should the title of this thread be changed now? "English Pit is Cool"

Mike
We do actually have an ATV we use on a service road down to the range that we use for customers that are not physically able to make it up and down. We just ask for customers to call a day ahead so we can have it ready for you and my boss will personally drive you down. If you do decide to come down make sure you get a punch card and if you need help sighting in anything let us know-I'll hook you up.

After sighting in my windage, I was thinking that the scope might be cranked over to one side, so I counted the clicks when I got home. It turns out that my vx6 has almost twice as much adjustment as advertised. I might make one more trip out there before I accept my Tri-County membership.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top