JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sure it was some sort of oversight on my part, but I was invited to shoot at the Pit with a friend. When the gal in the little office heard/saw that I was shooting my AR with a suppressor, she about had a cow and sternly asked for me to prove I was legally allowed to own the can. I carry documentation and after seeing it she was fine. Not sure what that was all about. I am an Oregon resident and maybe I was (probably) ignorant to the law/rules of shooting in Wa. with a can.

For many years we in Washington were allowed to own suppressors - but they were illegal to use! Go figure. Anyways, that law was changed about a year and a half or so ago (I forget the exact date). We went through a transition period while we were trying to figure out how to behave. At first we felt the need to ensure that anyone bringing one had their paperwork (call it due diligence). Later we decided why should we be a nanny? If someone brings and uses their suppressor without the proper paperwork and they get questioned by law enforcement, its really has no impact on the range. So now, suppressors are the quietest things on the range!

We do have limitations in that we DO NOT allow the use of homemade suppressors. You know the kind. The ones made out of oil filters, soda bottles, etc.

This thread started as me whining about a minor inconvenience at the range on a already difficult day. But several things cane out if this thread that didn't from any other post on the same topic.
1. We got new members the president of the pit, and woobie who seems like a real nice guy.
2. We get different takes from this then the other-- just read all the sub-conversations here.
3. I got alot of giggles the last couple weeks.
4. We got to learn more about the range so many if us go to.
so I'm not original but I think this is a fun one

This thread started as me whining about a minor inconvenience at the range on a already difficult day. But several things cane out if this thread that didn't from any other post on the same topic.
1. We got new members the president of the pit, and woobie who seems like a real nice guy.
2. We get different takes from this then the other-- just read all the sub-conversations here.
3. I got alot of giggles the last couple weeks.
4. We got to learn more about the range so many if us go to.
so I'm not original but I think this is a fun one
I agree! This post is what brought me as a new member to this Forum and for that I thank you. Like I said before if you or anyone has any feed back whether its for the range or us RSO's-feel free to hit me up anytime. I'll be at the gun show this weekend at our booth with my boss so stop by and say hello anytime. Thanks again everyone for your positive comments and questions. Take care and see you around!

Went back to the pit today. It was a good trip. The pistol range was empty. There were a couple of other guys on the 22 range. Maybe it was because it was 12pm or because the police were qualifying on the range across the way but it was lovely. I shot my pistols, put up my targets in peace, and enjoyed myself.

-- that hill still kicked my rear. I'm thinking I should just go there to run up and down that thing :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top