JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not trying to start a Russia/Ukrainian war thread. Just mad that Strelok Pro has vanished from the App Store. I haven't the faintest idea why this of all things gets banned because of sanctions? Can anyone explain this?

Was at the range today shooting the S with a newer member. He asked which calculator I use for ballistic data and I responded Strelok Pro. He immediately looked for it and it didn't show up. It literally auto filled as he started typing too. Google it and it comes up with a link to the App Store. Yet once the link redirects, it states it's no longer available.

Digging online sounds like sanctions?

WTF, how can software be sanctioned?

Are there other software sanctions that can help demonstrate what the hell happened here?

Thanks,

Reno

At this time, it won't be automatically removed, but other things can happen. It can't be transferred if you buy a newer or different phone. If you have an iPhone, turn off "offload unused apps". Don't try and update the app.

Can they remove it from your phone even though you paid for it?
not in my experience. I had a couple apps years ago that were discontinued but kept them on my device.... until I upgraded the device. They stay with the device.

If I read this right Strelok Pro has been sanctioned due to the war as its being used by Russian soldiers against Ukraine.
(scroll way down or word search for Strelok...)

not in my experience. I had a couple apps years ago that were discontinued but kept them on my device.... until I upgraded the device. They stay with the device.

If I read this right Strelok Pro has been sanctioned due to the war as its being used by Russian soldiers against Ukraine.

Man, politics are dumb.

Imagine what else big brother can take out of your phone.... whenever they want.
Now imagine the wonderful future of digital currency....

Imagine what else big brother can take out of your phone.... whenever they want.
Now imagine the wonderful future of digital currency....
they cant take anything off our devices, but Im not surprised its sanctions being they use it against Ukraine. Im more concerned how we dont have control over whats installed in our phones/devices that we have no control over, and nobody seems to care.... so I dont have a choice but to use phones that collect all kinds of personal data on you and I.

What about the Pegasus software??
I dont know much about that other than its a malacious software attack on a device. Which isnt anything new people have been hacking computers since computers were born. Any computer can be hacked.

I'm not trying to start a Russia/Ukrainian war thread. Just mad that Strelok Pro has vanished from the App Store. I haven't the faintest idea why this of all things gets banned because of sanctions? Can anyone explain this?

Was at the range today shooting the S with a newer member. He asked which calculator I use for ballistic data and I responded Strelok Pro. He immediately looked for it and it didn't show up. It literally auto filled as he started typing too. Google it and it comes up with a link to the App Store. Yet once the link redirects, it states it's no longer available.

Digging online sounds like sanctions?

WTF, how can software be sanctioned?

Are there other software sanctions that can help demonstrate what the hell happened here?

Thanks,

Reno

Thanks for the article. I used Shooter before learning of Strelok. The latter is far superior. I wonder if there are work arounds for this sort of thing?

I definitely dont like that it's that easy for the government to shut down something on the internet so easily and effortlessly. I scares me to think how else they are now censoring the web.

I don't think they can remove the app from your device. It certainly won't have any updates or support but it shouldn't disappear on its own. Now if you ever replace your device.......doubtful it will reload from a backup.

You mean this StrelokPro? :D

6683413E-0AFB-4127-878B-03E28EFCE6B4.png

Far as I'm concerned it's the perfect excuse for the anti-gunner's to strip away one more tool that people would otherwise use in regards to firearms.

I don't think they can remove the app from your device. It certainly won't have any updates or support but it shouldn't disappear on its own. Now if you ever replace your device.......doubtful it will reload from a backup.
Apple stopped backing up apps via iTunes awhile ago. iTunes and iCloud backups now just save metadata and would rely on the app re-downloading at time of restore. Obviously, that means no more StrelokPro.

One can use third party tools to make a backup that DOES include the actual applications, though.

As for them stripping things off your phone - we are just one EULA and a checkbox away from signing that right away. I wouldn't put it past apple to do something like that in the next 5 years.

Thinking about jumping to GrapheneOS…

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top