EDC spare mag holder

Discussion in 'Defensive Carry & Self Defense' started by snarlingdog, Nov 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. snarlingdog

snarlingdog
    Oregon City, OR
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

So I have been tired of carrying my spare mag for my glock 43 in my pocket with my phone. I have been looking around at mag holder where i could find them and none really jumped out at me. I was looking for something leather so it would look nicer than a kydex one. I am at sportsman's warehouse in clackamas way to often haha. but I walked by the knife display and saw the leatherman multi tool sheaths. so I took one out of the package and tried my mag that i had in my pocket. It fits! I thought it was the perfect mag holdern no one takes a second look at leatherman and think its gun related. It can be carried vertical or horizontal which ever way you like. Maybe this is something that someone else has found out and shared but I figured it was worth showing and talking about. there is two sizes a 4" and a 4.5" sheaths i got the 4" for this mang and i tried my glock 23 mag but it was to long. Ill have to try the 4.5" for that one.

IMG_20161118_132942647.jpg IMG_20161118_132952617.jpg

2. 41Slinger

41Slinger
    Harrisburg Oregon

Like the way your thinkin !!

Joe13 likes this.
  3. clearconscience

clearconscience
    Vancouver, WA

4. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver
    Opinionated & Blunt Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

SKrueger, Caveman Jim and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Dyjital

Dyjital
    Albany, Ore
    Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

I have an IWB that matches my IEB holster by Galco.

Caveman Jim and Joe13 like this.
  6. Camelfilter

Camelfilter
    Salem

Nice idea, thanks.

I wear 5.11 pants with the little magazine pockets. I don't like carrying my mags without some type of cover on them though. So have taken to using a standard plastic single stack belt mag holder and popped the belt clip off.

With a thinner sleeve I could carry 2 in each pocket sensibly, haven't found a simple sleeve, or end cap cover though.

Joe13 likes this.
  7. snarlingdog

snarlingdog
    Oregon City, OR

The pocket clip mag holder just seem to bulky for me I don't like having a tone of stuff in my pockets I usually only have my keys and my phone. I rarely use change. So this leatherman pouch works for me. I do have some Carhartt cargo pants but that one mag at knee level is kinda awkward to reload from haha. But hey each his own right.

Joe13 likes this.
  8. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu
    Oregon
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

That's a great idea! LOL!!! I have been using them for a few years, now. I go to the Leatherman store in Cascade Station, in NE PDX!

IMG_0476.JPG

Oh yeah, they have a small wide tool pouch that I can get two Ruger LPC mags into. Might work for a pair of G-43 mags.

IMG_0558.JPG

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  9. snarlingdog

snarlingdog
    Oregon City, OR

See I'm not the only one! Nice! That looks like a great idea. And I didn't think about the leatherman store.

Joe13 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  10. ChiefStealth

ChiefStealth
    Graham, Wa.

I did this for a while a few years ago. Knife pouches. Cheap, generic knife pouches. Not even a fancy brand name. Thin, flimsy nylon with a fold over velcro flap. Worked just fine. The mags did not fit snugly, but the flap kept them in place. One trip to a store, I found 4 of them for 7 bucks each. Served me well until I made my own leather pouches.

Glock Jock and Joe13 like this.
  11. Glock Jock

Glock Jock
    Wilsonville , OR
    Well-Known Member 2017 Volunteer

I've been pocket carrying my mags and it isn't the best idea. been on my mind. have to look into some of these.

Joe13 and snarlingdog like this.
  12. ikemay

ikemay
    WA

I use a Buck 110 knife sheath for my M&P Shield spare mag. I also have a Desantis Mag-Packer(?) pocket holster that's made for magazines. I think Sticky Holsters also makes them.

snarlingdog likes this.
  13. No_Regerts

No_Regerts
    Warshington

A local guy does kydex work and made me a single magazine/flashlight holder that wotks great.

14. Miles808

Miles808
    West salem

I just grab a mag and throw it in my pocket when i leave the house. My everyday pat down walking to the truck. Keys in hand. Phone in one pocket, extra mag in the other. Wallet in my back pocket. :cool: Let's get this day started

15. Defense Minister

Defense Minister
    Eugene/Springfield

My spare mag resides in my rear, support side pocket alongside my wallet. The wallet keeps it upright.

Camelfilter likes this.
  16. defending fathers 1787

defending fathers 1787
    SW Washington

Neomag
    Home

there are places on you tube etc.. to get a discount

clearconscience likes this.
  17. PaulB47

PaulB47
    Hillsboro

My car is my spare mag holder. The whole reason I carry a gun with 15 rounds is so I don't have to haul mags around too. My trousers are about falling down as it is.

I suppose I ought to admit I'm an old fart and just get myself some suspenders, but I haven't gone there yet. :oops:

Camelfilter and clearconscience like this.
  18. BillGabby1

BillGabby1
    Southern Oregon

snarlingdog likes this.
  19. BillGabby1

BillGabby1
    Southern Oregon

Is that supposed to be a link to the company Joe?

20. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver
    Opinionated & Blunt Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

Link to the local guys profile on this site that made mine.

Ura-Ki and SKrueger like this.