JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Regarding my personal carry Walther, "You should have a gun lock on that, it's unsafe to carry, it can go off" From my father in law. Also to keep in mind that I don't keep one in the chamber. He wouldn't even had known about the gun but I had just got home and put the gun on the table next to me.

I just shook my head

"So Since your permits issued on Linn County your only allowed to carry there.. Cause thats thats what i was told"

yea I looked at the person cause they were an idiot. I couldn't even find a decent response I just said WOW and walked away..

Or

Why do you carry two guns?

in case bad guys are coming at me from either side:)

When someone asks why I carry, I simply state that having a stupid gang member put a gun in your face in broad daylight with witnesses and security cameras once is enough. (before I was 21)

Dumest thing:

q: You dont think you are gonig to NEED that pistol do you?

a: No, if I thought I was going to need it I either would not go, or, if I had to go, I would bring a rifle, as much ammo as I could carry and all my friends.....

Dumest thing:

q: You dont think you are gonig to NEED that pistol do you?

a: No, if I thought I was going to need it I either would not go, or, if I had to go, I would bring a rifle, as much ammo as I could carry and all my friends.....

This one always gets me too...I have both a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher- I don't ever PLAN to use them nor do I wish to...it's called BEING PREPARED.

Go ask a cop why he wears a bullet proof vest...you'll probably get the same "are you a moron?" look from him too...lol

Regarding my personal carry Walther, "You should have a gun lock on that, it's unsafe to carry, it can go off" From my father in law. Also to keep in mind that I don't keep one in the chamber. He wouldn't even had known about the gun but I had just got home and put the gun on the table next to me.

I just shook my head

Not trying to get off topic here, but why don't you keep one in the chamber? Things can happen so fast, I would hate for you not to have the upper hand. Not trying to call you out, just curious.

OSP examiner: "sawed off shotguns are illegal".
FFL: "we have a tax stamp and approval from the ATF".
OSP: "they are still illegal".

Not trying to get off topic here, but why don't you keep one in the chamber? Things can happen so fast, I would hate for you not to have the upper hand. Not trying to call you out, just curious.

Thanks for the consideration; mostly I have a fear of accidentally blowing my junk off while carrying in my in-the=pant holster and that fear is worse than death.

I keep my AK stashed under the couch usually so it's less likeley to be stolen if I'm gone, and as a convienant spot in a hurry.
one day I came home to see some of my roommates had a bunch of friends over and they had moved the couches to play some group games, and the AK was peaking out...

i grabbed it and and headed to my room with in...

one of the visitors says, "COOL AIRSOFT RIFLE!"

all I did was turn around, pull off the mag and expose the 7.62x39 rounds at the top of the mag and the group gasped... ha ha

IS THAT REAL? hahahahah that's what i've been asked lol I should have said...... NO.. it's a camera..... stare at the end of my barrel...... smile........ wait for flash lol :cam:
and when I had my 1911, after this guy got done eye F-ing me at the plaid pantry........ lol he said IS THAT A GLOCK? hahahahahahaha

My husband and I were in REI a few days ago, and waiting in line, had started talking about when the National Parks law goes into effect. The clearly liberal woman behind us was getting SO huffy and upset about it! Hahaha So, we kept the conversation going while we waited in line and oh man, she got so mad! :s0112:

Also, I was getting gas once and had an AR on my back seat (I go to this particular station almost every night and the guys there always chat with me and whatnot) In the middle of our conversation, the guy said "Hey now, don't shoot! Hahaha, I didn't know you were in the military." "What?" "Well, you must be to have that thing in the car!" All I could do was laugh and call my husband!

the absolute stupidest things I have every had said to me or heard said is,
"does that make you feel like a real man"(from a true wacko anti gun person)
"your only carrying a gun to compensate for the size of your man hood"(another truly wacko anti gun person.
the one I here the most which hasn't been very many times is "what is that, are you carrying a gun, why do you need to carry a gun.
this comes from the few people that have gotten close enough to me to hug me with out me first changing them to the non gun side.
other wise, the only ones that know that i carry are my 2 grown children and my wife.
I don't advertise that I carry and carry well enough that you can not tell I am carrying.
whats interesting is to be in a group of people and have someone bring the subject up and hear all the things that have been said so far.
:):):):):):):):):)

Haven't really heard anything stupid...but all the neighbors at the lakehouse know I carry. So anytime they see a snake (mainly moccasins - sometimes just diamond back watersnake), they drive their golfcart to my house to get me cause I'm "packin". What they don't realize is I go in my house and get my 22 with game shot(rat shot) and it has a long barrel. know using my ccw weapon to try to hit a snake...I want the wide spread lol!

my wife used to make comments to me...does that make you feel bad *** carrying (sarcasticly), but then when it's time to go to the mall, she won't go and says you need to go with me..I say why...she says so you can protect me lmao! she's now used to having guns everywhere!

Couple of anecdotes.

Just after the rash of church shootings my pastor asked me if I carried at church. I said, "Since I turned 21 (several years ago)." He seemed surprised, the clapped me on the shoulder and said, "Good."

On CHL in Oregon:
"What do you mean it won't let me carry a sword?"

On defensive handguns in general:
"So I'm thinking about buying a pistol to protect myself."
I respond with the usual what are you looking at, what kind of training do you have. He comes back with,
"Well I'm never going to shoot it. Why would I need to train?"

Scariest people ever. Folks who think thay don't need to train to carry a concealed handgun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top