JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's amazing how many people in Oregon think that every gun has to be registered or you have to have a license for it. I think its because of all the Law and Order shows...everyone ends up thinking they know the law.

That being said, my favorite question is "Do you really need it at the grocery store? What could possibly happen there?" (from the girlfriend).

edit: not saying that my girlfriend is dumb. She's just from California is all :s0155:

Several years ago I was in the Tacoma Mall trying on some pants for work with my girlfriend. She had made a smart *** comment regarding me carrying concealed. About a month later there was a gunman that shot up the place... regardless I got to say..."thats why I carry", she doesn't bug me anymore about it.

I think its because of all the Law and Order shows...everyone ends up thinking they know the law.

Watching "Bones" and they comment
'You couldn't have pawned that gun, its illegal' to a guy who claimed the gun was no longer his.

I was confused for the few seconds to remember that I live in Oregon not DC where the only legal thing is lobbyists, and we can pawn anything!:s0112:

Back on track with the thread sorry for the quick diversion.:s0155:

Yeah people always ask the same questions,
Why do you carry, what are you afraid of.

When a friend asked me why I carry, I said "I heard being dead sucks"

And it's not always that you tell people you have a gun, that's stupid, but if you hug someone, your girl is getting close to you, a friend hits you, they find it accidentally and they act like your the criminal. What are you scared of? Like someone said before. I'm not anymore.

I do get really self-conscience about carrying concealed still. I've been reading more and more laws to get comfortable, but just not knowing a certain stores or restaurants that don't allow CCW. I guess at this point I'm more afraid of having that right taking away then I am of running into trouble. That and I carry my knife so it makes me more comfortable.

The latest comment I heard, was from my Dad, and being home for winter break. I was putting leftovers from dinner away and he tried to hang up the dish towel where I was standing and touched my side where I was carrying to push me out of the way and asked "Is that necessary?" I just smiled and walked away. What people don't know, wont hurt them.

While up with my dad at his cabin in Wyoming, we were out with a variety of my firearms in the bed of the truck doing some shooting at an unoccupied campsite in the national forest (it has a really good shooting lane with a nice hill for a backstop). We were approached by a U.S. forest ranger (I believe his badge/patch said Law Enforcement), so I safed my weapon and walked back to the truck with him in tow and put it on the tailgate. When he surveyed all the ironmongey in the truck he said, "I hope you have a permit for all of those"

I replied deadpan, "I don't need one."

Dad laughed. He was quite polite and cordial so we didn't object when he requested our IDs and chatted guns for a bit after he ran them. We still get a kick out of that story.

elsie

Girlfriends mom " I know you carry a gun, and have a permit but do you also support the NRA?"

Me "I'm a card carrying memeber"

GF's mom " Wow you know they support criminals getting guns"

The tone in her voice was priceless, as if she was asking if I was memeber of some sick cult. The conversation proceeded to last a few more hours but I won't get into that. The kool aid this one drinks is strong :huh:

Before the rest of my post, here's my contribution..
"How was the little girl gun?" -My 100lb girlfriend after I rented a 9mm glock. :D
Not dumb, just sassy. I love it.

One day several years ago my stepmom asked me "Just how many guns do you think you need anyway" I replied all of them.

I can't wait until the day where my collection is sufficient enough where somebody can say this and mean it.

Couple years ago I called in a hot car breakin. Guy was breaking into cars in broad daylight in a "secured" lot. While following the perp through the area to help LE keep him within reach I was asked to get into the cruiser to ID the guy. I didn't think it was the time to discuss my CCP so I just got in carrying quiet and concealed like always. Wonder if I was legal at that point? Point is: nobody needed to know, that's why it's CWP

Legal. If the officer gave you a lawful order, even if you specify this after the fact I'm sure.

When I carry, which is often, not one but maybe the wife knows. Because of that I get no comments.

It's no one else's business. Don't give a F*^k what they might think.

I agree.

..and so do we. :s0155:

Why do you have guns?.......Given this is a loaded question. My answer is always. "Just in case I need to kill someone"

I try to treat weapon newbies with a bit more care, as that's a little bit rough on the edges, don't you think? Nothing wrong with the answer, except the way it's taken. Perhaps a bit too much sarcasm on a very serious subject? :p

I always get people wanting me to show it to them and I tell them "the only way you get to see it is right before the lights go out"

Clever.

Officer -Sir do you know you were doing 55 in a 45?
Me- Before you start officer, I have a valid CCW.

Officer - Sweet what are you carrying?

....A .22 derringer. :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews