JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is all quite alarming but not at all unexpected.

If I didn't think open carry was such a risk and liability, I'd do it more often just to put it in front of folks and maybe make them realize the presence of a gun doesn't mean irrational fear.

Seriously they treat it as if a poisonous snake has been thrown into a room with them. bubbleguming sheep.

I for one would know the difference, but unless it's an open carry rally, somewhere in the middle of the woods, or at a gun range. A guy walking around with a long gun would make me very uncomfortable.

I for one would know the difference, but unless it's an open carry rally, somewhere in the middle of the woods, or at a gun range. A guy walking around with a long gun would make me very uncomfortable.

About 25 years ago where I live now it was common place to see people with a shouldered rifle.

About 25 years ago where I live now it was common place to see people with a shouldered rifle.

Used to ride my bicycle out to the orchards with my .22 slung on my back to shoot critters. Nobody even blinked. And that wasn't THAT long ago. I'm 43.

Now people walk into malls and start shooting.

If I'm at the mall, or anywhere I'd consider it not normal, and I see a guy with even a bolt action. I'm not going to politely think he's there to do something innocent like.

Now people walk into malls and start shooting.

If I'm at the mall, or anywhere I'd consider it not normal, and I see a guy with even a bolt action. I'm not going to politely think he's there to do something innocent like.
What you never bought some Nike's and drank some starbuck while carrying a rifle.o_O LOL I know that was then, this was now.

Used to ride my bicycle out to the orchards with my .22 slung on my back to shoot critters. Nobody even blinked. And that wasn't THAT long ago. I'm 43.

Ya, I am not liking all this change in the weather way more snow then I care for. Maybe time to break out the flamethrower?:p

I have motion and bump activated dash cams. I also avoid any bumper stickers or the likes as vandalism down here is a real problem if you are sporting 2A or Conservative values.
I also leave absolutely nothing visible in my car as break ins are quite normal.

Caller probably made the call to 911......just because it was BLACK.

YOU KNOW......there wouldn't have been a call to 911 if the tripod was WHITE.

Racist!

Aloha, Mark

This is all quite alarming but not at all unexpected.

If I didn't think open carry was such a risk and liability, I'd do it more often just to put it in front of folks and maybe make them realize the presence of a gun doesn't mean irrational fear.

Seriously they treat it as if a poisonous snake has been thrown into a room with them. bubbleguming sheep.

Open carry in Eugene in 2018, is probably a very bad idea, with how crazy things have become, since the mass media blitz over the Parkland, FL shooting.

Ironically, many anti-gun advocates claim that it is actually gun owners who are the ones who are guilty of being paranoid, for owning guns in the first place. Their argument is that mental illness is what drives gun ownership.

Therefore, in their viewpoint, the mere fact that you own a gun, means that you are mentally unsound.

Last Edited:

Well, but in this case, the tripod was being carried inside a carrying case, slung over his shoulder. If anything, only a small piece of it may have been visible.

I wonder how often innocent people are shot by police, due to others "seeing" guns that really don't exist, and then calling 911?

Well, but in this case, the tripod was being carried inside a carrying case, slung over his shoulder. If anything, only a small piece of it may have been visible.

I wonder how often innocent people are shot by police, due to others "seeing" guns that really don't exist, and then calling 911?
I'm not really upset this occurred.

If it was in fact a rifle in that case we all would be singing a much different song.

We all would be praising the person who called it in instead of crucifying them.

RANT ...

So the Fuzz wanted to and got to secure the building for over one hour AFTER they had every reasonable reason to know that the event was over? Sounds like what we used to do as firefighters long ago and far away. Kind of a live fire or wet Code 3 emergency testing of our capabilities.

We turned a busted major fire call out into a training exercise. BUT .... highly illegal? Particularly for the cops to literally KIDNAP and HOLD AGAINST THEIR WILL innocent civilians for about one hour? This is bad. Very bad. If I were inside that cleared building I would be very upset. Very.

Permanent injunctions? Civil lawsuits? Turn on the heat on the bad cops for doing this? This has nothing to do with public safety. The cops knew the building was clear. They locked down the building because they wanted to. A gross misuse of police power? Sounds like NAZI behavior.

RANT OVER

Last Edited:
Calls police for a guy with what appears to be a rifle in a case walking into an office building, turns out to be a video camera tripod.

Sissy state, bunch of overreacting idiots.

Calls police for a guy with what appears to be a rifle in a case walking into an office building, turns out he had an AR15 and planned on killing a bunch of people

Hero, everyone should be more like this guy. He really saved the day. A lot of people could have died.

Lol!

:s0093:

Meanwhile, in more gun friendly places.......

Citz_with_gun_Israel.jpg
Citz_with_guns_Swiss.jpg
Citx_with_guns_Israel2.jpg
Citz_with_guns_America.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR