JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure I agree with the "call first" mentality.

Like I said, I'd be watching the suspicious person like a hawk and possibly even profiling them.

Yet to say calling the police on a person with a rifle in non-threatening disposition in specific settings is walking towards a place I don't want to be.

This is similar to living in post 9/11 world and being OK with warrantless wiretapping and the Patriot Act because we really need "tools" to catch terrorists.

Reference the Benjamin Franklin quote about liberty and safety.

Terror events don't happen very often, but they get over played like there happening all the time through the internet and tv. It goes back to putting your smartphone down and being situational aware. I'm not going to live in fear and also am not wanting to give up my 2nd amendment rights, because some people are scared.

Let's face it, we live in a "Polite society" and a person carrying a rifle in public isn't normal, especially the big cities, so cause for concern is warranted as was the response, as we should expect from those we pay to protect and serve! Unfortunately, this is a problem of our own mmaking, when we allowed the progressive utopians to dictate policy that prevents us from being visibly armed, to a place where we have to be better and permitted to excersize a right! We have also been infiltrated by those who would do us harm and thay has real cause to be concerned! Sure, the citizen who called it in May ha e over reacted, but like Reno says, what if they didn't and bad happend, what if that person waited until they were more sure, could it have been too late by then?

Its the new world order, no one likes that NWO, but its a reality.
More and more and .......more each day our rights come with a conditional warranty.
Even the laws themselves are no longer clear. Used to be You murdered someone the state killed you for the act.
Now its motive, what they felt. What was their emotional mind set when they killed. Were they drunk, drugged out.
Perhaps jealous rage. You will find nothing is simple, and every thing is complicated.
There is no easy way in or out of this life, not any longer. In-fact now you could be prevent from even having either one
of those choices, but thats another topic for another forum.

Last Edited:
Yep, I'm totally brainwashed by the left. Lol.

I'm pretty sure just about anyone here would likely call the cops if they saw something they thought may have been a cased rifle.

Don't freak out now, but people carry cased rifles, pistol, and ammo into PDX airport everyday!
Not illegal!

I brought a cased rifle into a hotel six months ago. Got some dirty looks and heard a lot of whispering. security was call on me but nothing was done.

Ironically, many anti-gun advocates claim that it is actually gun owners who are the ones who are guilty of being paranoid, for owning guns in the first place. Their argument is that mental illness is what drives gun ownership.

Therefore, in their viewpoint, the mere fact that you own a gun, means that you are mentally unsound.
So, by this standard, which those who fear guns use, Our Founding Fathers were all mentally ill....

What?????

We know where the mental illness exists... And it sure as heck isn't with those who desire to own guns...

Perhaps all anti-gun advocates should be subjected to mental health screening before their collective pie holes are permitted to spew their venom....

A little change to your wording.
the two militia women on their bicycles, are either Swiss or Swedish; SIG guns on their backs.
the guy in the deli/bakery with the camo hat, somewhere in Europe, not Middle East, I think?
otherwise, yeah Israel for the others.
as to OT...sheesh...........:rolleyes: I sometimes go down to Eugene, but only to stop at either the Action Surplus shop outside DT, or the Lego resellers, and even then, I don't spend much time in the Lego reseller stores.... Action Surplus however, tends to take most of my time. Otherwise, I'm just passing through, browsing the thrift stores on 99 and then getting out as quick as possibe.

The only thing consistent with this "experiment" is the gun and supposedly the laws.
I would like to point out that the incident occurs across the street from a 7/11, which are notorious for being robbed at gunpoint...
I'm not saying some discrimination doesn't or couldn't exist, but i would hardly consider this proof of systemic racism. If anything one could likely conclude that the initial responder in either scenerio merely saw a person with a slung rifle in opposite light...

Would I call the cops on somebody with what i think could be a rifle, probably not until i saw some sort of violence. Even if i knew it was a rifle, i would wait to notify authorities until there was some indication of mal intent.

Benefit of doubt, maybe it's a flaw, or it could be a saving grace.

I've got to get me one of these....:D

Machinegun cycle.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top