JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not really upset this occurred.

If it was in fact a rifle in that case we all would be singing a much different song.

We all would be praising the person who called it in instead of crucifying them.

I'm pretty sure I won't be praising them still! Last I checked its not illegal to carry a rifle! People thinking like this is the problem. We might as well just give away our 2nd amendment rights. How do you transport your rifle to your vehicle? You carry it, not illegal! Soon to be in Portland and Eugene with people thinking like that.

I'm pretty sure I won't be praising them still! Last I checked its not illegal to carry a rifle! People thinking like this is the problem. We might as well just give away our 2nd amendment rights. How do you transport your rifle to your vehicle? You carry it, not illegal! Soon to be in Portland and Eugene with people thinking like that.
Yep, I'm totally brainwashed by the left. Lol.

I'm pretty sure just about anyone here would likely call the cops if they saw something they thought may have been a cased rifle.

If not then maybe I'm just the only honest person in the room.

I should probably think twice about taking this to the park.;)

upload_2018-9-6_16-18-27.png

(Not sure yet, but I'm considering selling it)

I have been to tons of gun shops, parking lots, pawn shops, and out in the woods and seen tons of cased rifles. Still not scared! There is something called situational awareness, some people need to get. If you're scared go to church. In one story the guy was out watching birds for crying out loud. Othe was a camera man. People need to put there smart phones down and take a look at their surroundings.

I used to carry three rifles and two ammo cans to High School when I belonged to the Rifle Club. About 1965. About one half mile. Yes I will name towns. Lakewood CA. Just N of Long Beach CA. Lakewood High School.

All three rifles had carrying straps, (leather slings) and were carried muzzle down across my back crosswise. Bright ribbon empty chamber flags dangling down. No magazine in the Carbine. Quite a load out for a skinny kid.

Once I did get stopped and interviewed by a Los Angeles County Sheriff. Polite. Seems he already knew me but I did not know him. A one minute interview. I continued to school and the Vice Principals office to lock up the guns.

We still see hunters with rifles across their backs with chamber flags even today in Cave Junction OR. Deer season is serious here. They bring inside their deer rifles with the bolts removed and eat at the local diner. All safe. All sane.

Nobody freaks.

About 5 years ago I swapped out the valuable Colt made AR15 SP-1 parts for common cheaper modified M16 parts at a local diner. Used the table. The owner of the AR15 Carbine owned the restaurant. Only a few looks. No problem.

We, (I) were taught to sling the unloaded rifle cross your back muzzle down using an empty chamber flag or ribbon. A bright colored muzzle cap also helped. Just a way to signal that the weapon is noway quickly accessible for use.

A soft carrying case is even better. I wonder if anybody markets a rifle case that looks like a pool cue case. Or a racket ball racket case. Or a tennis case. Whatever.

Last Edited:
And they have mandatory firearms training, and annual marksmanship training and minimum qualifications, as well as mandatory service to the country! They are required to be armed and can be punished for not having a clean, functioning, and loaded weapon about their person! Further more, those not carrying a firearm are still required to learn and know how to use one!
This is what happens when a sovereign nation is surrounded by enemies bent on your total destruction, and your way of life!
If we had these same requirements here, we would have a much different country!

You guys are funny.

It's not like I'm saying you should start calling the cops on any guy walking into Sportsmans Warehouse with a cased gun.

I'd hope those here would be able to catch the drift of a message I was trying to relate.

If not, oh wells, I'm not worried either way.

Seems to me that we got our share of domestic terrorist in the USA. Of course, to each his own.......if one wants to go around concealed or with open carry (depending on what the law allows).

So then.....in a "case". Well, that's obviously a RED FLAG event. LOL.

But, don't get me wrong.....YES, the police have to respond to such calls. And yes, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Aloha, Mark

You guys are funny.

It's not like I'm saying you should start calling the cops on any guy walking into Sportsmans Warehouse with a cased gun.

I'd hope those here would be able to catch the drift of a message I was trying to relate.

I think the point is people are saying they'd call the police when a crime is committed.

Carrying a cased rifle is not a crime unless where posted.

It's a fine line to walk and if we want to uphold our end of the "we live in a free state so sometimes bad things happen" that means not reporting non-threatening behavior of free people.

If we start to say "well you don't need a cased rifle in these places or situations" then we're dangerously close to the anti mindset. It is easy to then move from rifles aren't allowed in public to rifles aren't allowed, something like Canada.

If I suspected a guy of ill intent, I'd hang around a bit to watch him before whipping out the phone to dial 911. Does that mean he gets the local PD's response time worth of shooting if he's a bad guy? Yeah, probably, because I wouldn't likely try to intervene.

For the 99.99% of times it's a camera, the guy doesn't have to be confronted with guns drawn and the police and sheep don't get yet another event where they think they're the source of safety in our society.

I think the point is people are saying they'd call the police when a crime is committed.

Carrying a cased rifle is not a crime unless where posted.

It's a fine line to walk and if we want to uphold our end of the "we live in a free state so sometimes bad things happen" that means not reporting non-threatening behavior of free people.

If we start to say "well you don't need a cased rifle in these places or situations" then we're dangerously close to the anti mindset. It is easy to then move from rifles aren't allowed in public to rifles aren't allowed, something like Canada.

If I suspected a guy of ill intent, I'd hang around a bit to watch him before whipping out the phone to dial 911. Does that mean he gets the local PD's response time worth of shooting if he's a bad guy? Yeah, probably, because I wouldn't likely try to intervene.

For the 99.99% of times it's a camera, the guy doesn't have to be confronted with guns drawn and the police and sheep don't get yet another event where they think they're the source of safety in our society.
Like I said. Call me anti, crucify me if you like.

I'm honest, and I'll tell you right now if my radar was going off and I saw something like this. I'd call it in.

I'd feel guilty if it turned out not to be a bad guy with a gun.

I'd feel even more guilty if it did and I said nothing.

I'm sure most of us get your point and Do agree with it. I do (and I'm kinda dense at times...ask my wife). Given the times we live in, It's good the cops checked it out, and that person did the right thing even though they were operating on some ignorance.

What our general beef with this situation is, I think, is that once it was determined that no threat existed it should have simply ended there. Handshakes all around, a few shared chuckles and everyone glad there was nothing but a false alarm

A guy carrying a pressure-cooker full of chicken soup once it's determined to actually be chicken soup shouldn't be cause to search an entire office building and imprison it's occupants for hours.

You guys are funny.

I totally get what your saying and agree with you. I know for a fact that if I saw someone that looked suspicious in a public place (other than hunting and gun stores of course) with a rifle I would thumb my shirt while calling 911.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top