JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Next time I am in Eugene I just may call in every guitar case I see on the street. I am almost positive they could likely, probably maybe, perhaps contain a rifle.

Especially the ones covered with Phish and Dave Matthews stickers.

So, by this standard, which those who fear guns use, Our Founding Fathers were all mentally ill....

What?????

No, I believe that their argument is more along the lines that guns are now anachronistic, and that they are no longer needed in the 21st Century. It is part of their viewpoint on the evolution of society. Basically, a continuation of Obama's campaign promise of "fundamentally transforming the United States of America."

I believe that they may also view gun owners as being a kind of modern day Neanderthal. Sort of a throwback to an earlier age.

So if you own a gun, you viewed as being either a kind of cretin, or mentally unbalanced. Either way, you are not viewed as being normal, like they are. You are instead considered to be abnormal.

normal0008f2.png

No, I believe that their argument is more along the lines that guns are now anachronistic, and that they are no longer needed in the 21st Century. It is part of their viewpoint on the evolution of society. Basically, a continuation of Obama's campaign promise of "fundamentally transforming the United States of America."

I believe that they may also view gun owners as being a kind of modern day Neanderthal. Sort of a throwback to an earlier age.

So if you own a gun, you viewed as being either a kind of cretin, or mentally unbalanced. Either way, you are not viewed as being normal, like they are. You are instead considered to be abnormal.

View attachment 496702
Understood and agreed!

View attachment 496702

This is accurate, we don't need guns, its not like criminals, break into homes, car jack , rob, rape murder people. They are just misunderstood and its the crazy guy or gal at 3am who sees an intruder in thier home and shoots them, thats the problem >>>
One would laugh at such thoughts 30 years ago... now these tards actually buy and feed the public this insanity.

Last Edited:
The person breaking into the home is just economically disadvantaged and doesn't deserve to be killed for it, they deserve help!

Having grown up in the heart of ground zero for the leftist out break (Calif) I heard these sentiments uttered a lot about everything from individual crime to US foreign policy.

The person breaking into the home is just economically disadvantaged and doesn't deserve to be killed for it, they deserve help!

Having grown up in the heart of ground zero for the leftist out break (Calif) I heard these sentiments uttered a lot about everything from individual crime to US foreign policy.
Sometimes 124gr of lead and copper does wonders to cure what ails them...

I always wondered what the P stood for, makes perfect sense!

I'm going to engrave on my "zombie" gun "just what the doctor ordered!"... once I acquire said gun....

It is normal, customary, and necessary for military/security personnel in Israel to carry rifles around in public.
It is not normal, customary or necessary for civilians in the USA to carry rifles around in public (with obvious exceptions for hunting, transporting to a range or gun shop etc.)
While I staunchly support a person's First and Second Amendment rights to openly carry for the purposes of self defense or to make a political statement, I also believe that in most situations it is an unwise choice to make and that, given the recent history of mass shootings in this country, I am entitled to have the opinion that anyone who parades around at the mall or in front of a school with an AR-15 on their back is kind of being an arse hole.

It is not normal, customary or necessary for civilians in the USA to carry rifles around in public (with obvious exceptions for hunting, transporting to a range or gun shop etc.)
So... it used to be normal, a few generations ago or so..
Question. How does one begin to normalize open carry of either rifle or handgun these days? I don't disagree that its seen as abnormal, as weird, and threatening nowadays, but where do people even begin to get back to where the sight of a slung rifle or a holstered handgun in public, in towns, cities, is not enough cause for 911 calls or police response?
If media and certain people would stop freaking out over the sight of anything resembling a gun, maybe urban American society would be better?

Early firearms safety education would surely go a long long way in dispelling irrational gun fears, me thinks.

So... it used to be normal, a few generations ago or so..
Question. How does one begin to normalize open carry of either rifle or handgun these days? I don't disagree that its seen as abnormal, as weird, and threatening nowadays, but where do people even begin to get back to where the sight of a slung rifle or a holstered handgun in public, in towns, cities, is not enough cause for 911 calls or police response?
If media and certain people would stop freaking out over the sight of anything resembling a gun, maybe urban American society would be better?

Early firearms safety education would surely go a long long way in dispelling irrational gun fears, me thinks.
I 100% agree with you about the need for firearms education to dispel irrational gun fear.
But that will not change the fact that, given the recent history of mass shootings, open carry (particularly of slung rifles) will never be normalized in the urban areas of our society.

I'm pretty sure mass shootings really aren't that common, but due to the media and intent they make it feel like it happens every day! Remember we haven't always had the internet, and news reporting this crap all the time. Population is up, more mass shootings up compared to the good times? Don't always believe what you see on tv! We have a shooting and its on tv for months! Where are all the citizens shooting criminals on the news? Weird!

I had this sticker on my truck parked at Valley River Center mall,
View attachment 496507
and some "terrorist" scraped it off, and broke my windshield and drivers window, then spray painted a peace sign on the hood, with the crumbled up sticker stuck to the hood next to it.:mad:

This is why I won't put politically-related bumper stickers on my truck now. The tolerant, anti-fascists just won't put up with opinions that differ from theirs...

The high-lift jack on front of the jeep is hilarious.
The same thing actually happened to me.
How does a jack look like a machine beats me. My lesbian flag flying liberal neighbor actually called the cops on me. She told them i had a machine gun that i was carrying around.
That was fun dealing with the police for 15 minutes..... mean while they were peaking out of there drapes watching.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top