JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
pretty soon i could see snowflakes reporting guns pointed at them when someone has a "ORYGUNNION" decal on their back glass. :rolleyes:

dumbasses

About 10 years ago when I lived in MD, I was out and about doing a little birdwatching and looking for shorebirds at our local mudflat. When I was on my way back over the bridge and heading to the car, I had two police cars with 2 officers each, come screaming up on me. A cop in the first car, jumps out and starts laughing. He proceeds to tell me that a lady called the police department and reported a guy on the bridge with a "bazooka". She was referring to my spotting scope on a tripod. He said as soon as they saw me, they knew what it was and why I was there. We had a good laugh, talked about the birds I had seen and BS'd for a few and then they were on their way.

E10E81FC-EF94-4BCA-8FFC-3BC3F705870C.jpeg Gun fearing. These guys are easily manipulated...

When I first moved to Eugene 5 year ago, my wife and I went out to dinner, as I was walking in the restaurant I put on my pullover and it got got on the handle of my IWB pistol. I did not realize it until some 20 something hipster male, started freaking out and ran out of the restaurant and called 911.
Police never responded, however he then went to the restaurant manager and complained. The manager asked if I pointed the weapon at him or threatened him, he replied no and she came back with a quick "nothing to worry about then, people are allowed to legally carry guns, deal with it"

terrorist
ˈnoun

a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Media
noun

a group who uses intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

The terrorists have won

When I first moved to Eugene 5 year ago, my wife and I went out to dinner, as I was walking in the restaurant I put on my pullover and it got got on the handle of my IWB pistol. I did not realize it until some 20 something hipster male, started freaking out and ran out of the restaurant and called 911.
Police never responded, however he then went to the restaurant manager and complained. The manager asked if I pointed the weapon at him or threatened him, he replied no and she came back with a quick "nothing to worry about then, people are allowed to legally carry guns, deal with it"

I know, right? This town is going insane. I have told this story before, but I was in the KFC on W 11th a while back, waiting in line, with my LCR in a pocket holster in my baggy jeans pocket. I heard a lady behind me start freaking out, telling her man friend that she thought I had a gun in my pocket. I didn't understand why she was even looking at my pocket to notice the lump, (Not in anyway discernible as a pistol.) So the guy asked me if I was carrying, I said "not that it is any of your business, but it is a camera in my pocket." He asked me to take it out and show him, so I politely told him to mind his own business and get the Fu#@ out of my face. He went to the counter and asked for the manager, saying that I had a gun on me, and he was fearing for his safety. I just walked out when the manager started to approach me, to avoid any further unneeded confrontation. When I was walking out, I told the complaining whiner, " Maybe you're lacking somewhere if your girlfriend is looking at other guys jeans for bulges." I swear, Only in Eugene ;)

A dozen heavily armed Eugene Police Officers responded Tuesday to a report of a man carrying a black colored rifle in a sling near an office complex.

When they arrived, all they discovered was a local freelance videographer, who had been hired to record some video at the office building. The man was carrying a large professional tripod for his video camera, in a special cloth carrying case, slung over his shoulder. Apparently one of the black legs of the tripod may have been visible, and from a distance, was imagined to have been a rifle barrel.

Police said they knew early on in the investigation that it was nothing, once they spoke to the videographer. But they said that they still wanted to take the report seriously, and make sure everyone was safe. So they kept the building under a strict lockdown for a full hour, until they had completed a thorough search, and had gone through every room in the building.

Camera tripod mistaken for rifle at Eugene office building

My goodness, just how strong is gun paranoia becoming these days???

View attachment 496415

If you see something say something gives every Idiot with a cell phone and no brains to cause panic and waste the time of the police.

terrorist
ˈnoun

a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Media
noun

a group who uses intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

The terrorists have won

I had this sticker on my truck parked at Valley River Center mall,
b0bc403de6d103fd6d0f45b74f43b168.image.550x190.jpg
and some "terrorist" scraped it off, and broke my windshield and drivers window, then spray painted a peace sign on the hood, with the crumbled up sticker stuck to the hood next to it.:mad:

Perhaps they just wanted the practice drill?

You know, that did cross my mind too.

Are their procedures so strict, that they must be followed, even when they know that they are unnecessary?

Government agencies often seem so extremely inefficient.

For example, the city of Eugene started a project back in 2007, to replace their old city hall building, with a new one. But it got so mired in technicalities, red tape, and a desire to build the ultimate "green" building that was environmentally friendly, that costs skyrocketed, and went dramatically over budget.

To date, the only thing that has been actually accomplished was to raze the old building. The city government has been leasing offices around downtown Eugene for quite a number of years now, for the meantime. Just last month, the city announced that they are "rebooting" the project, hired a new set of consultants, and now hope to have a new city hall built by 2022, which if actually achieved, would mean that it took 15 years to get the project done!

It is almost like the 3 Stooges are running the city of Eugene. Many millions of dollars, years of effort involving countless thousands of man hours of work by city staff, all down the drain, with nothing to show for it.

Last Edited:
I heard this on the news the other night and well I can't post what I was thinking due to the rules here.

But it did involve words like Snowflake, idiots and a particular group.

Perhaps they just wanted the practice drill?
Practice drill.

From what I've seen there is always a drill going on when something bad happens.

Note to self, if they are running a practice drill, go home sick.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top