JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots of important details missing here, will be interesting to see what shakes out as the investigation continues.

FYI
Colorado officer-involved shootings, other deaths
There have been 49 incidents in which a person has been killed or wounded in an altercation with law-enforcement officers* in Colorado in 2019 — 27 people have died and 24 people have been wounded in officer-involved shootings; 6 people have died by other means, including self-inflicted gunshot wounds. The last incident occurred Oct 10, 2019, in Aurora.

Last Edited:
FYI
Colorado officer-involved shootings, other deaths
There have been 49 incidents in which a person has been killed or wounded in an altercation with law-enforcement officers* in Colorado in 2019 — 27 people have died and 24 people have been wounded in officer-involved shootings; 6 people have died by other means, including self-inflicted gunshot wounds. The last incident occurred Oct 10, 2019, in Aurora.

o_Oo_Oo_O

Aaaaaaand the point is what? Stats w/o accompanying info are less than worthless...

o_Oo_Oo_O

Aaaaaaand the point is what? Stats w/o accompanying info are less than worthless...

Go to the link provided, the details are there.
Copying entire articles are not compliant with copyright.

here is the link, scroll down

o_Oo_Oo_O

It is interesting to me because thats actually a pretty high number for any one state. With a population similar to Oregon, its already more than all of Oregon last year. Also more than all of Washington in 2018, which has a higher population.

Twice as many as New York and 9x higher than Massachusetts' totals in 2018.

It had to be posted. As a side note I go to Colorado frequently for work. Place doesn't seem so sketchy as to warrant that many shootings. I'm more on guard in Anchorage than Denver.

c5e5215588bfe919ab411102f2625002.jpg

It is interesting to me because thats actually a pretty high number for any one state. With a population similar to Oregon, its already more than all of Oregon last year. Also more than all of Washington in 2018, which has a higher population.

Thanx, the Denver Post wouldn't let me into the article w/o a subscription.

So, they are saying it's proof of a trigger happy force. Ok. They can say that, but maybe they just have more people that need to be shot. :)

I wonder if the OI shootings are in one area? Aurora is nasty.

Thanx, the Denver Post wouldn't let me into the article w/o a subscription.

So, they are saying it's proof of a trigger happy force. Ok. They can say that, but maybe they just have more people that need to be shot. :)

I wonder if the OI shootings are in one area? Aurora is nasty.

The article didn't go into what I wrote, I just did the math using last years numbers.

Aurora is nasty

Aurora doesn't seem that bad to me; I don't even think it makes it into the 'top 10' of worst cities in Colorado for violent crime. I'll be the first one to admit I don't 'get' Colorado (Denver, mostly), and can't see why so many people move there. It's expensive, mostly boring outside of a few activities, and has a pretty drab urban landscape.

I work for a medical device manufacturer and visit many of the chuckholes of our great western states and AK. In most places you have to generally be looking for trouble to get in a bad spot. Except Alaska, where it will probably find you if you sit in one place to long.

Ah, but remember that New York and Massachusetts are a bit more draconian in firearms acquisition and ownership. And those populace's have been brainwashed to believe they'll be protected by their governments. After all we are talking about the lands of Schumer and Warren :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top