JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the thing i find funny is this.

some other shows out there

my 600 lbs life
hoarders
toddlers & tiaras (people give their 2 year old a spray tan in an auto body shop)
and many more crazy people out there

the funny thing is the people that like these shows call preppers crazy

Ummm......did that guy just blow his thumb off on national television??!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.............ahhhhhh, I'm spent. What a tard.

i saw that!! what a f-ing idiot...the best part is that he said "his weapon malfunction and his hand got in front of the barrel"....wtf its shows like that make true preppers look like retards and extremist...and its always the a**holes with guns on those shows that look the most foolinsh and crazy...i sure as sh*t would never let a camera crew broadcast the contents of my food storage and never the contents of my gun safes!!!

What I find interesting is what is the logic behind a hit piece like Doomsday Preppers that mocks real preppers by showing idiots on TV?

Do our banker masters and money men really care that much about the 2% of Americans that own any PMs or that prep in any substantial way? I guess they do. They are not happy having the 98% at their mercy. They want 100%. Without the affliction of Normalcy Bias, half the people in the US would be 'preppers.'

Ummm......did that guy just blow his thumb off on national television??!! I'm spent. What a tard.

The underlying message is that prepping is not only foolish and stupid behavior, but very dangerous. Don't do it. All will be fine. Ignore that guy at work that keeps telling you things will get bad.

A friend of mine I have talked to for years informed me today that he is set. He bought an extra four cans of tuna fish and will tuck them away for a rainy day.

you have a safe for your guns? Why, that's just CRAZY!

I Hope That Guy Realizes That CPS Can Now Take His Children AND He Can Lose His Guns Because By Shooting Himself He Has Proven He Is An Unfit Father And A Threat To Himself And Others

OPSEC!

What I find interesting is what is the logic behind a hit piece like Doomsday Preppers that mocks real preppers by showing idiots on TV?

Do our banker masters and money men really care that much about the 2% of Americans that own any PMs or that prep in any substantial way? I guess they do. They are not happy having the 98% at their mercy. They want 100%. Without the affliction of Normalcy Bias, half the people in the US would be 'preppers.'

Hey, food control/mass starvation worked for them in Russia and the Ukraine after the red revolution they financed and agitated for.. why mess with a winning strategy?

Have no doubt. The show is a 'hit piece' against rational preppers. The History Channel is owned by interests that do not have the interests of truth and justice in mind.

You're dead on. They did it again last night. Whole show of toolboxes. It's interesting and I'll still keep watching but WTF?

It's obvious they're trying to discredit preppers and make them out to be the "fringe". They're trying to make them all look unstable so that people have no qualms about piping up and turning them in when when the rounding-up begins.

And again.....when they discussed the possibility of financial collapse the expert analysis was "not likely". They also reached the same conclusion for EMP attack. "Not Likely". That's funny because the US Government is concerned about it with members of the JCS in the past (and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich) stating that it was probably the single biggest security threat to our nation in modern times. (EMP). It's funny watching the elite and the programming contradict. Helps to make it plain as day.

The show however, is making convincing the wife a little easier. She's watching it too and really starting to get on board. I'm actually really surprised that she's noticing the obvious things that we're all talking about here. (She's new to the whole prepping thing, up until last Tuesday it was all Real Housewives and Jersey Shore, hence my constant ranting against those two shows). This show has really helped me to wake her up. Even if WE all watch and poke fun, there's definitely some positive things that come out of it and it will probably serve to wake up a few more people.

But yeah, they're using this show to set up a group of people. No bones about it.

When I go to Costco and load up on toilet paper and other stuff it is always easier to say you I own a restaurant. The media has done its job very well in portraying anyone who has more than three days worth of food as some sort of depressed, mentally incapable psycho.

Of course on the opposite side of the spectrum, someone who has a big IRA saved up with a side salad of silver and gold ETFs (certs) + digits in a bank account is a really sharp fellow! Or someone out buying real estate because 'prices are so cheap right now.'

Sometimes doing the exact opposite of what the herd is doing is the correct and logical thing to do. The collapse is going to be horrific; not based on a guess or a feeling, but from the facts at hand. It is however possible to maintain a decent life or even prosper if action is taken NOW.

The first step is disregard the constant propaganda being spewed forth from the corporate news (inc hit pieces like 'Doomsday Preppers') that everything is fine. Find alternate sources of information. Like The Economic Collapse blog.

Ahaha @ the guy who shot his thumb off. Maybe you should spend less time "sniping" targets that are 100 yards away and more time reviewing gun safety. I like how he tried to blame the gun too, it "misfired".

This show is so entertaining because its complete propaganda. Make them look crazy, and then say what they are preparing for is "not likely" according to "most experts". The one that really got me though was the liberal family in NE. Their reason for not owning guns and the kid saying that he would feed marauders and poison them if they were bad was hilarious.

A. Reversing my review - I am going to have to change my review......I was watching because I wanted to see what others had and what they thought and why they had what they had. I'm a big boy, I can read through the marketing crap of "DOOMSDAY PREPPERS", BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Preparedness is a big interest of mine so I chalked it up to entertainment.

B. Where they lost me - THEN they started marketing is as NatGeo "Looking at America's Fringe"..........Wow.......couple that with thumbs getting blown off.....I'm pretty much done with this. I'm with NoisyCow.....HIT PIECE!

C. Why they lost me - Saddly it could be so much more productive, informative and insightful, instead it's cheesy, cheap, thin on info(watch for all the cuts/edits and stock footage that they replay. I don't know how many times I saw someone aiming at a target and when they pulled the trigger, they were holding a different gun........they spend WAY TOO MUCH time talking about DOOMSDAY and replaying what they have said and what they are going to do. This show could be a 30min. spot if they cut out the fat and got to the "meat" of matters.

D. How they could improve - teach us something, instead it feels like an AA meeting...."Hi, my name is "Ted", I'm preparing for the zombie apocalypse..........."

Last Edited:
D. How they could improve - teach us something, instead it feels like an AA meeting...."Hi, my name is "Ted", I'm preparing for the zombie apocalypse..........."

I don't think they can do that. Self-reliance is a concept that is as foreign as personal responsibility now days. :p

When I go to Costco and load up on toilet paper and other stuff it is always easier to say you I own a restaurant. The media has done its job very well in portraying anyone who has more than three days worth of food as some sort of depressed, mentally incapable psycho.

Of course on the opposite side of the spectrum, someone who has a big IRA saved up with a side salad of silver and gold ETFs (certs) + digits in a bank account is a really sharp fellow! Or someone out buying real estate because 'prices are so cheap right now.'

Sometimes doing the exact opposite of what the herd is doing is the correct and logical thing to do. The collapse is going to be horrific; not based on a guess or a feeling, but from the facts at hand. It is however possible to maintain a decent life or even prosper if action is taken NOW.

The first step is disregard the constant propaganda being spewed forth from the corporate news (inc hit pieces like 'Doomsday Preppers') that everything is fine. Find alternate sources of information. Like The Economic Collapse blog.

As a sidenote I like the Costco TP.. it is individually wrapped and I rip the plastic packages open and dump the rolls into 60 gallon polymer mason jar type barrels. Handy, fast processing and the wrappers could be used as writing paper for children or fire starter for the wood stove. Of course we save all our junk mail for the latter use in other barrels

I've watched the show, and it seems like the people are mostly tools. But I like it. Hoarders makes me think I'm not a slob. Intervention makes me think I've got my s*** together. And preppers makes me think I'm not nuts. . .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top