JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
waiting on the new episode:
So far the Trucker/Prepper is far more pragmatic than some of the previous personalities though I'd disagree with his 45acp carbine due to poor penetration of windshields, that's his choice. With his voice presentation I would not doubt he has a Youtube presance. He could have bought that camo netting surplus and saved a bunch of $

there are some good points and ideas on these shows, I try to look through the media trash lick up ideas and sea if there is something I had not read or thought of.

On the above post, about saying you own a store that is a good one, I have used the one that my girl friend teased me about running out of a grocery item and she does most of the cooking when she is over, so I am buying a hoard of an itme to mess with the next she comes over, I just use a diiferent cashier or store each time.

I have also used the own about have a side business and make alcohol stoves that is why I buy 99% isopropyl buy the case or I need to spend flexable spending account money or it goes back the to government when buying large quantities of first aid supplies, but I am noticing more and more people buying basic canned spam, rice beans and stuff, it is really starting to take off, and I am hearing more and more people saying they are putting away extra stores because they want to make sure their family can eat if they lose their job

Mrs pandemic is a bit over stated in the speed of the event, the best defense is isolation and protection. Her collection of surgery togs will not survive outdoors. A few vinyl rain suits rubber boots/gloves/masks and a garden sprayer with diluted bleach will do the same. I wonder if she has water and food stored?
I need to hit Costco as alot of my canned goods need to be rotated, I need yeast as well. I need more TP as I discovered a new storage space.

After watching the first episode and now reading all the followup to the 2nd, or 3rd if that is what it is up to I realize I am not missing anything. But if someone would briefly explain the 'thumb' incident I would appreciate it only for for safety sake.

Why would you bother to tell a cashier anything about what you are buying in bulk? I've never had anyone in a COSTCO ask me spit about why I am buying something or other.

One more question - why was his thumb anywhere near the muzzle and that being the case how did the gun discharge? Or should I assume complete stupidity on the part of the prepper and leave it at that?

Anderson Cooper had some of the Doomsday preppers on his show today. Seemed like a decent portrayal until the end when a bunch of hens started making fun of the preppers. God I hate people.

I think that this program certainly is not worthless is good for learning. It clearly demonstrates the need for organization, clear goals, skills and the need for a strong training component.

I've learned something to do and not to do every show.

Yeah there a few points here and there and some pure idiots, as said above organization and not going on world wide inter glactic television telling people what you have so anyone who has ever met you knows what you have. And those who do live, work or see from time know know which house household to stake out for a break in.

Our media handlers love wordplay. There is a long list of silly terms they have used over the years to manipulate the boob tube watching masses.

The latest is 'doomsayer.' Not a person who researches the facts and knows there is peril on the horizon. Not a 'realist'. But a 'doomsayer.' Words are a very powerful when dealing with the gullible masses that are lead by two things; authority and comfort.

Ok, pandemic lady takes the cake. She's the weirdest and most paranoid of the bunch imo. I think it's her hypochondria that went viral. :s0114:

Anyone notice that 'the experts' on this show think all of the other scenarios are unlikely, with the exception of a pandemic? Thoughts?

If the future was predictable or devleoped logically we would not be in the shape this country is in. I also have my doubts about the credentials of the "experts." I would classify their input as "opinions."

Well IMHO I truely believe that the worse thing we have to fear is another 4 yrs of big and his distructive agenda of the USA, as well as the crazy islamist, a good documentary DVD to watch on their true intentions is IRANIUM, from the most potentional thing we have to worry about from them is an EMP set off over the US, in te mean time if big O get another 4 years our dollar will collapse and we will all have skills and abilities tested, when you prep diverify your buys so much of this and that and then move on, you out last your neighbors what was their is now yours for the taking.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top