We believe the 2nd Amendment is best defended through grass-roots organization, education, and advocacy centered around individual gun owners. It is our mission to encourage, organize, and support these efforts throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming.CREATE FREE ACCOUNT Already a member? Log In
Living in a sesimically active area in Washington State, I have have several earthquake kits, long term food rations, a water filter with extra filters, some lifestraws and sawyer minis. A major earthquake in Washtngton State and you may be on your own for quite some time.
I am jumping back on board this bandwagon. My aim is more to ease the financial burden of daily calorie requirements rather than prepare for serious calamity.
Basically it says prepper food suppliers are making a killing and have been for last few years.
Preppers were right all along
The same time common sense became a superpower.When did "Prudent" become "Prepper"? I suspect that we are being marginalized by loving lefties.
My uncharitable summary.
Nailed it!My uncharitable summary.
The author, who appears to have spent her life so far stereotyping people, says:
1) A lot of money is being spent by common folk on long term food storage; business is booming.
2) Those common folk are paranoid radicals with a fearful mindset.
3) People she knows, smart uncommon folk, relatives even (gasp), are doing it.
4) So now since her people are doing it there must be something to it; the food supply could be at risk.
5) But the important point is climate change.
Typical left-wing WaPo drivel. Author's conclusion:5) But the important point is climate change.
If we're down to nothing but freeze-dried fettuccini... I say let it burn!Typical left-wing WaPo drivel. Author's conclusion:
"But we should be...voting in politicians who take climate change seriously. Let's be sure we're not fiddling with freeze-dried fettuccini while the planet burns."