JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a work of fiction for the pupose of haveing fun. Anyone easily offended please read no farther. If you chose to read this then you have no right to whine.

You live in Benton County and the wind is blowing from the north.:D So society has collapsed with the dollar and all the cities have turned into killing zones. Portland has been blocked off by people who don't want those people in their area. Roads , tunnels and bridges have been ruined to keep them away.

No fuel anyway, that went with the dollar. You are not driving anywhere.
Soon every bridge is destroyed to try to make a secure area. Unfortunatly our commander in chief has shown us as weak and China is launching a Nuke attack on all the big cities Salem size and bigger to remove population and make it easier to conquer the USA. Our commander is stll appologizing for the last bombs on Japan and won't fight back, hates America anyway.

Your test is
Where are you going and how are you getting there? Bonus points for What will you do when you get there. What will you take with you? Be specific

If you live in Portland what will you do?

jj

I am walking over to Just Jim's house, then I will follow him, he needs someone to watch his back anyway.
I hear there is a bunker in Adair village.

sorry, couldn't help myself

Wally you are declared a survivor. If by chance you die following me you will get your 72 virgins... all of them very old.:s0112::s0112::s0112:

jj

Fallout in my area isn't a huge issue where I'm located...since you stated that the wind is blowing from the North then I basically have to get above Spokane unless I want to have ill radiological affects on myself and my loved ones.

All the major roads are gone and going to Oregon is out of the question- so off North I go. I already have a pre-designated area up North to settle in but I'm unfamiliar with the roads since I've never been up there- however, my cousin has. Him and I will pack up and head up with our trucks and gear. Mainly canned food and water...I have a go bag with the essentials...

(1) 1-Man tent
(2) Emergency Blankets
(1) Pancho
(1) Pancho Liner
(1) Survival kit
(1) Pair of BDUs
(3) Pairs of socks and T-Shirts

Other things to bring- my WASR-10, ammo, pistol, and AR-15. I would like to bring all the guns and toys, but I don't think they would all fit (which is why I have a cache planned to be burried).

Once we get up North, the main thing is to go underground in anticipation of the fallout or of future attacks. Look for a cave or just start digging...when you deal with radiation you have things to consider-

Time of exposure (amount you're near a contaminated area)
Location of radiation (how close you are to an actual "hot zone")
Shielding from exposure (placing as much in between you and the radiological contamination as possible)

FYI, I used to work security at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation for Energy Northwest...

Is this enough so far?

*edit*
Oh, forgot to mention my wife and I would eat a couple of Iodine pills I have for just such an occassion so we can get up North without having to "hunker down" in place...this prevents you from getting Thyroid cancer from radiation exposure.

Wally you are declared a survivor. If by chance you die following me you will get your 72 virgins... all of them very old.:s0112::s0112::s0112:

jj

An old virgin is like 25yrs OLD now days.

If you are headed to adair, I just have to wait for you to come by, that way I don't expend the energy getting to your house. Remember that the LBCC horse barns are just down the street, so I would already have a horse, should I get one for you too?

I stock at least 15 gallons in my shed and never let my tank get below 3/4s

Ok you can drive to the first bridge, it's gone, now what?:D

I am not going to make this easy:s0114::s0114:

Everything is written down as to the conditions. Spokan and Seatle are going to get nuked.

jj

Where is the family at Wally, how will they cross? Can the horse swim with your kit on it? As much as you would take with you the ground would shake as you move.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top