JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Of course, we are all assuming that nukes are the most fearful and destructive weapon in the arsenal. They are probably the most fearful and destructive "publicized" weapon in the arsenal, but there are likely worse weapons that have been developed that neither government will admit exist.
Oooooh!!
Like what?

Once in a while a real reporter covers a story.

They call her unhinged because she takes no side.
OMG, she has completely left the reservation. Alex Jones now has a soul mate...

I have plenty of worries and stress in my life at the moment. I am making the conscious decision at this time to NOT worry about nuclear war. Anything could happen in this world, but I see it as highly unlikely. Right, wrong, or in-between, that's where I'm at.

I think some people enjoy the excitement of the what-ifs, but I don't. I have a family to raise, and there's absolutely nothing I could do to about international politics anyhow.

Lets hope the same guys that are selling things to the Russian Army are providing the high-tech items that will make the ICBM's work!

Here is a link to a report that Ukrainians have found that T-72 "reactive" armor is at least sometimes made from cardboard egg cartons:

https://nazk.gov.ua/en/news/ukraine...ster-shoygu-for-corruption-in-the-army-video/
Well that's some mighty fine wine right there! The kettle calling the stove black. Anyone who thinks Ukraine is simon-pure is fooling themselves... It is one big reason (there are other consideration as well) Ukraine hasnt been invited to join NATO.

I have plenty of worries and stress in my life at the moment. I am making the conscious decision at this time to NOT worry about nuclear war. Anything could happen in this world, but I see it as highly unlikely. Right, wrong, or in-between, that's where I'm at.

I think some people enjoy the excitement of the what-ifs, but I don't. I have a family to raise, and there's absolutely nothing I could do to about international politics anyhow.
It's good to talk about so it gets a man thinking. No sense worrying over what we have no control over but thinking will help soften the blow when something happens.

I raised my family but still worry for them every day.

Yup!

However everyone can try to be mindful of our families. Food, water, shelter & security (literal & figurative).

Stock up on stuff which your family enjoys & will use. Only if whatever stores well, AND the price is reasonable. Future "savings" (time & $) & simply keeping family comforts.

Keep an eye on financials/job market. Consider part time/temp job(s), if time permits & primary position(s) are or will LIKELY become questionable. As always, work life balance though.

Cut out wasteful spending, if any. "Save" partial such towards routine family stuff.

Ex, folks whom do takeout/drive thru/delivery snacks/drinks/meals ROUTINELY should consider cutting such out completely. Put a PORTION of expenses towards occassional family fun night (movie at home, delivery food "treat", game night etc). Family hikes, bikes, gardening, wood splitting etc. Those kinds of things.

The value placed upon human life by the conscience of humanity has been raised since then. However, this value is not universal.
After Pearl Harbor and several years of war, most people weren't too concerned about what might happen to a couple 100,000 Japanese. Back then the Japanese were typically refered to using very derogatory names and descriptions. .

The problem today is that countries like the USA are expected to fight a war with ZERO civilian deaths, which is a very unrealistic expectation. But the media has a total meltdown if one stray cat is accidently killed by a US munitions.

I'll agree that every effort should be done to minimize collateral damage and civilian deaths, but again, it is unrealistic to expect that such a goal is possible.

A lot of people think that any nuclear exchange will inevitably be like in the movies- total and world ending.

My understanding is that nukes in general are actually much smaller than they were 50 years ago. Accuracy has improved to where there is no need for the huge megaton city-busters any more.
Fitting multiple warheads into one nosecone probably had also something to do with the size reduction. But you are correct. Places like Cheyenne mountain are no longer considered safe, as multiple precision hits could do a lot of damage. But WOPR might get pissed and launch everything!!

I remember being told that there was one major reason that there's never been another major conflict between superpowers since WWII: The Bomb and MAD. As horrible as nukes are, they have been a deterrent. No sane person EVER wants that. I doubt that Putin is that crazy, and even if he is, surely there are others in the chain of command of their arsenal with some sanity.

No use in worrying about it, either way
I think the concern is:
One side uses 1-2 tactical nukes.
Other side responde with 3-4
First side responds with 10
Other side responds with 20
And so on until the ICBMs are flying.

Also China has said many times that they think:
- Nuclear war is survivable for China
- First strike is a option that is always on the table

Of course, China doesn't really care if they loose 750,000,000 people.
They will still have 650,000,000 left.

Anyone who thinks Ukraine is simon-pure is fooling themselves...
Before this all started Ukrane was viewed as a corrupt government that was laundrying money for Soros (and probably many others).

Using that money to pay of government officials globally for Soros (and probably many others).

Ukraine was also know for being involved in child sex trafficking.

Not saying that the President of Ukraine was involved in all of this, but it was happening on his watch.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top