JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would find it scarier if something happens and those people who said they didn't need weapons, or preps end up on your doorstep. How do you turn away people you care about, but decided not to do anything to help themselves. Every time I hear, "I don't need to prep. I'll just show up at your place!" I feel like pouring my coffee in their laps.
Those type of people I don't consider "people I care about." Because what they are saying in effect is, "you solely take on this cost and sacrifice of getting these preps ready and if they are ever meeded I will show up and benefit from all that time, money and effort you have sacrificed while I didn't." People who don't have physical assets to contribute need to at least have worthwhile skills, otherwise they are useless.

I would find it scarier if something happens and those people who said they didn't need weapons, or preps end up on your doorstep. How do you turn away people you care about, but decided not to do anything to help themselves. Every time I hear, "I don't need to prep. I'll just show up at your place!" I feel like pouring my coffee in their laps.

Those type of people I don't consider "people I care about." Because what they are saying in effect is, "you solely take on this cost and sacrifice of getting these preps ready and if they are ever meeded I will show up and benefit from all that time, money and effort you have sacrificed while I didn't." People who don't have physical assets to contribute need to at least have worthwhile skills, otherwise they are useless.
Hey I just came up with a new one.

"I'm cancelling my car insurance. If anything happens, I'll just have you drive me everywhere."

I am not afraid of death and never have been I am afraid of being paralyzed to a point I could not pull my own plug and would have to live a motionless, speechless existence, being able to only listen to the voices in my head till I die.

Like many have said, a nuke would be a bad day because even if I am not in the blast area, I do not have the means to test and decontaminate anything radioactive. So, I would probably die a slow painful death from long term low dose radiation.

The second would be a mild Yellowstone event. I say mild because it she really went up; I would be gone but if it just did the MT Saint Helens thing and dumped large amount of ash filling the sky it could cause a US wide if not worldwide dark ages. With the sky filled with ash blocking the sun for years it's really hard to grow food and breathe.
Late response, sorry.
It's not about a fear of death. Fearing a thing that's going to happen regardless of anything you do is silly. But, it is something that will absolutely stop you in your tracks.
"Courage is no good:
It means not scaring others. Being brave
Lets no one off the grave.
Death is no different whined at than withstood."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class