JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Are you preparing for hyperinflationary scenario?

• Yes! This is my number one concern now and we are making major moves!

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Yah, it is a major thing. Not number one, but in the top (fill in the blank).

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • It is something we're working on, but I wouldn't say is a primary mover.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Not really. Kinda-sorta. Keeping an eye on it. Here's hoping Disco Duck doesn't come back though.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Naw, this is going to be over real soon. Annoying now, but, meh.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nope, don't see what all the fuss is about.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • (buuuurp!) Ah, is duh hyperinflation when yuz git a case of chilli? (Bromp!) Illuminati iz realz!

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • "On second thought, I think I am more crazy than my goat." — Remedios Varo

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
This current freak is way worse that Carter. Carter was not a traitor to his country he was a simply another weak liberal.
Carter would be rhetorically skinned alive as a traitor in today's spaz-mo political environment. But your assessment of him in his day is accurate.

That's is my conundrum also. Real estate is a good investment however we are also in a housing bubble that may burst by the end of year. So the future is anyone's guess.
I am planning to sell this summer, and then put the $ into bonds/etc. while I do some traveling. Then when I come back maybe the bubble will have burst and I can find a deal on some land.

The problem is where am I going to store my stuff while I am gone? I need about a 2K SF shop to store it in.

We haven't yet had to send our kids to sit in the gas line on odd or even days to get 10/gal gas while we are at work. Kinda hoping to see Brandon attacked by a rabbit also…if possible.
I was talking to someone about that yesterday and IMO, if this guy isn't put in check, it will get way worse than that.

Carter would be rhetorically skinned alive as a traitor in today's spaz-mo political environment. But your assessment of him in his day is accurate.
I believe Carter to be a decent human being that loved his country and did what he thought was best for the country regardless of how misguided he was, but he didn't (as far as we know) accept money or influence from this countries greatest enemies with a pay to play scheme.

Last Edited:
I was a young working guy when Carter made a huge mess. Man it did shape my thinking for a LONG time. This mess? Is on track to make carter look like only the second worst. We are well set to ride it out. I have to say I am enjoying watching people who voted for this get what they asked for a lot more than I should.

I'm not super stoked to be within the nuclear blast radius of our country's most important people…but again, what can you do?
Most important people? yea right... WE are the most important people not the draconian gvt's that runs this place...

That is what people in this country have lost sight of...

angry cat GIF

So, the inflation rate presently is bad. Damn bad. Albeit not as bad as other times in US history, but this ain't over yet. And, historically, and in other societies, out of control inflation has been the harbinger of, at times, dramatically chaotic events.

Which brings us to the question: are you actively preparing for an hyperinflationary scenario? If so, why and how? If not, why not? Thanks for sharing!

So, the inflation rate presently is bad. Damn bad. Albeit not as bad as other times in US history, but this ain't over yet. And, historically, and in other societies, out of control inflation has been the harbinger of, at times, dramatically chaotic events.

Which brings us to the question: are you actively preparing for an hyperinflationary scenario? If so, why and how? If not, why not? Thanks for sharing

Ammo seems to have been my best hedge against inflation! Not one other thing with the exception of my house has gained as much in value as ammo.
:D I don't know, higher value means higher taxes. Folks don't gain until they sell their house, after years of rising property tax and then capital gains taxes. While that money is losing 14% as we speak.

The government number should be brought before their ministry of truth for the lies government tells:s0140:

When I was a child, you could buy a hamburger, milkshake and French fries in a meal for 49 cents. Johnny's 49ers just south of Corvallis. Good real food and real milkshakes.

Today a hamburger with wood pulp in it with fries is $8 with no drink.

Ammo seems to have been my best hedge against inflation! Not one other thing with the exception of my house has gained as much in value as ammo.
You don't have a car or truck? A sheet of plywood, or any other building material stacked up?
I have a 2017 3500 Denali and a 2012 Toyota Tundra that are worth 250% more than what I paid for them, and a shop full of plywood I bought at $7 a sheet, now going for $70 a sheet.

The government number should be brought before their ministry of truth for the lies government tells:s0140:

When I was a child, you could buy a hamburger, milkshake and French fries in a meal for 49 cents. Johnny's 49ers just south of Corvallis. Good real food and real milkshakes.

Today a hamburger with wood pulp in it with fries is $8 with no drink.
How much was the federal income rate at the time?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top