JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My scenario is set to make people think what to do when the world they know isn't working. All the stuff in the world won't help you if you have to move and can't take it with you. I put you in a very bad spot too. Maybe it will never get that bad but what if.....

Getting around road blocks and crossing rivers with no bridges (blown or controled by BGs) is a possibility. What your kit contains will help you live, what you forgot may get you killed.

The original question is where to go and how to get ther along with what you will take and what will you do when you reach destination. Everyone talks of running to the hills, fun isn't it.

3 weeks is a great supply, allows some travel.
jj

3 weeks is a great supply, allows some travel.
jj

It does, but the Iodine is mainly for water purification. I do have a water filtration bottle that will last for a couple months between my wife and I- but the Iodine pills are mainly for emergency water purification (they just happen to have an added benifit of protecting you from Radiation poisening).

*edit*

FYI, I only scratched the surface on a lot of the gear that I have for these kinds of SHTF scenarios...like Emergency ration bars and the water filtration bottle....all of this is throughout the house (the key is remembering to take it!).

http://www.quakekare.com is a great site...(sorry, i posted the wrong site)

I like a ceramic water puifier and would keep the iodine for exsposuer to radiation. Ceramic last longer and pills run out. Your choice is your choice, alot of people die from bad drinking water. I am not saying I am right at all. It's one of the choices I made. Yours may be better.

jj

I like a ceramic water puifier and would keep the iodine for exsposuer to radiation. Ceramic last longer and pills run out. Your choice is your choice, alot of people die from bad drinking water. I am not saying I am right at all. It's one of the choices I made. Yours may be better.

jj

You're right...but honestly if it came down to radiation I think I would rather put a bullet in my head than to die slowly from Radiation burns and an untreatable cancer.

If you are not in the blast zone and reach shelter then the iodine will keep the poisoning off for a while. Too much radiation and you are toast . Given your area where is the least exsposuer should the bigger cities go?

Given your area where is the least exsposuer should the bigger cities go?

Down wind as soon and as fast as you can is my only recommendation when it comes to radiation...but you proposed three problem with that with your scenario-

1) Oregon is a No-Go unless I have a boat
2) The attacks could follow up on other cities where survivors are trying to congregate
3) Although the wind NOW is going South, it will eventually go as it normally goes (West to East)

Bug out bag. I gave a simple scenario and you got your bag. What ya gonna do. This is a SHTF that makes everything possible happen. Civil unrest, damage to roads and bridges and a war. Something to think about when people say "Hey I got my AR and Ammo for SHTF. Fun Huh?

jj

Survivalist Mel Tappen studied the wind currents to determin the best place to live in the usa under Nuke attack, Guess where it was?

jj

This would be more interested if the "nuke" attack already took place (sorry for the people within the blast area or up to 3/4 miles out) and you have to choice what to do in the next few minutes, hours and days to survive...

Do you know how to survive the blast, how much time to take cover from fallout, protect against the rays, etc...

If the Chinese (or any other country or entity) wanted to "nuke" us, we would not have threats or warnings?

For a visual: 10K blast and you are 1.5 miles out? This leaves you enough time to do the right things to survive, and more than enough if you are prepared!

We will keep the same chaotic environment in place with no gas and bridges, but hey, the good thing is that gas will not help you right now... :s0155:

Down wind as soon and as fast as you can is my only recommendation when it comes to radiation...but you proposed three problem with that with your scenario-

1) Oregon is a No-Go unless I have a boat
2) The attacks could follow up on other cities where survivors are trying to congregate
3) Although the wind NOW is going South, it will eventually go as it normally goes (West to East)

Everyone who takes the test has different solutions. I am an old man so my solution is to DRH. I can't carry the weight it would take to have those things you need to live with on the run. I know what I would do if younger but that would ruin the test.

jj:D

This would be more interested if the "nuke" attack already took place (sorry for the people within the blast area or up to 3/4 miles out) and you have to choice what to do in the next few minutes, hours and days to survive...

Do you know how to survive the blast, how much time to take cover from fallout, protect against the rays, etc...

If the Chinese (or any other country or entity) wanted to "nuke" us, we would not have threats or warnings?

For a visual: 10K blast and you are 1.5 miles out? This leaves you enough time to do the right things to survive, and more than enough if you are prepared!

We will keep the same chaotic environment in place with no gas and bridges, but hey, the good thing is that gas will not help you right now... :s0155:

I get to answer a question:D If I knew it was comming no matter where I am I can use my multitool to lift the steel lid off a manhole and get inside (if not too deep) If the blast isn't directly over head then I should live through it. Smelling like sewer:s0112::s0112: Those lids are really frigging heavey:D

jj

Medford Oregon was considered the best place in America because of their stagnet air patterns.

jj

Present. :s0155:

All of our winds when we get them are from the coast and there is nothing between us and the coast or at the coast worth nuking. Correct about stagnant air, but when we get the coastal winds they are clean.

I didn't pick my home site in the woods and in the hills on the W. side of Medford by accident. It isn't an accident that we have year around clean water both from a well and a creek. It isn't an accident that our home is nearly fire proof and easy to defend. It isn't an accident that our paved road is a loop which can be blocked at both ends. It isn't an accident that I know all of my "rural" neighbors and have assessed who I trust. It isn't an accident that our home is only about 2 city blocks from the vast wilderness which separates us from the coast.

To answer the OP, I'm staying put, live or die. Our relatives, two who are LEOs and one who is ex National Guard can walk here if necessary. We are prepared for them. They will bring supplies and arms if possible. If not, I have them. Our group can perhaps defend ourselves with our equipment, supplies and training.

There's only so much you can do. Heaven is next, and not such a bad thing if things here get bad enough.

$.02

Medford to Roseburg. In fact pilots prefer to learn in an environment similar to Roseburg. My family on my moms side are pioneer settlers of Douglas County.

Myself I am (will be) in the coastal foothills of western Oregon, no targets there except an old Air Force radar installation that folded its doors back in the early 90's. Hunker down with the extended family and take a new career as a ranch hand.

SF-

Present. :s0155:

All of our winds when we get them are from the coast and there is nothing between us and the coast or at the coast worth nuking. Correct about stagnant air, but when we get the coastal winds they are clean.

I didn't pick my home site in the woods and in the hills on the W. side of Medford by accident. It isn't an accident that we have year around clean water both from a well and a creek. It isn't an accident that our home is nearly fire proof and easy to defend. It isn't an accident that our paved road is a loop which can be blocked at both ends. It isn't an accident that I know all of my "rural" neighbors and have assessed who I trust. It isn't an accident that our home is only about 2 city blocks from the vast wilderness which separates us from the coast.

To answer the OP, I'm staying put, live or die. Our relatives, two who are LEOs and one who is ex National Guard can walk here if necessary. We are prepared for them. They will bring supplies and arms if possible. If not, I have them. Our group can perhaps defend ourselves with our equipment, supplies and training.

There's only so much you can do. Heaven is next, and not such a bad thing if things here get bad enough.

$.02

Stop it I'am starting to get an envy complex......:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top