JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For me, having a BUG just gives me options. Carry it in a front pocket and you can put your hands in your pockets if you walk up on questionable individuals. Instead of reacting and going to your main weapon, you can walk with the gun already in your hand.
This is half of what I was going to say.

Typically I carry a single firearm.
If I have a second it's due to a slightly heightened chance to have something go down ( i.e. less safe part of town, craigslist transaction, etc... and if there's more than a slight chance of things getting ugly, I don't go.)
It's also not to backup the primary so much as it is to offer a second option to draw. Most often I do primary right side IWB and secondary inside front left pocket.
That gives options:
1) I can draw with either hand without having to reach across my body.
2) I can casually have hand on firearm if necessary and cut needed time to reach, grip, draw, etc...
3) I have a second should it be needed.

When working a badge carrying job, I always have a secondary. Typically something to compliment the primary (Glock 22/Glock 27)

Primary RIA 10mm
BUG RIA .380 1504236932752412440847.jpg

On duty I carry my XD-9 with my XD-9 sub as a backup, both take the same mags and holsters. Regularly I carry just the sub, but on duty I am clearly an armed officer and the first person targeted! :rolleyes:

I always carry Legal insurance and a CT-laser-grip on my sub, also going to get a CT for my duty gun when I can afford it. ;)

I agree with razormanxx, shot placement is everything. The CT Laser-grip is activated by your grip hand's ring finger (middle of the 3 gripping fingers) so I always leave it on (in active until I grip the gun). With my age and eyes just seeing the sights is an issue, but within 100 feet the laser is easy to see and accurate! :cool:

Last Edited:
All I carry is a bug. 7+1 and a spare 8 rounder. For heavens sake people, you don't need to carry all this extra stuff around. Practice, practice, practice. Lasers will still be off if you twitch the trigger. If the circumstances arise that you need to save yourself or a loved ones life, it's not about how much ammo or backup guns you have, it's about shot placement and being able to not freak the F-out.

I stumbled across this old thread as I was browsing used Glock prices to see what people were asking and decided to jump up on the soapbox for a second.

So my answers are Yes and Yes
HK P30SK 9mm in front left pocket and HK P30L 9mm IWB strong side. 2 spare mags. Carry a knife and a flashlight as well. Yeah I got tons of crap in my pockets........so?

I find it odd that some of you guys seem to look down on (or want to discourage) someone who would try and be more prepared. Not that anyone can ever be prepared for an unexpected terrorist event, roaming gangs of hoodlums or just anyone that would do you and yours harm. None of us know what tomorrow may bring. If it was socially acceptable and I wasn't the only one doing it, I'd carry an AR on my back.

If you feel comfortable not carrying or only having one 6 shot snub nose with no reloads more power to you. Maybe your spidey-sense works much better than mine. I'd just like to give myself and my family more of a chance. Thats all being armed is anyway, it's just giving yourself a bit better odds of coming out on top in a bad situation. I drill that into the little woman all the time.

Just out of curiosity a question for you guys that only carry one gun. What if you happened to miss the bad guy/s and your situational awareness failed you? Maybe you end up with your strong arm pinned/fending someone off and Mr. BG has a buddy that is sweeping in, now what? Sure would be nice to have that backup gun. I really don't think you can say where this would/could happen either. Maybe I have a different mindset because I live in a crap neighborhood and will be here for at least a few more years. But these deranged people don't seem to be slowing down on their soft target attacks.

Of course I understand most people will never need the guns they own to defend themselves. But we're all going to keep them just the same aren't we ;)

Let's all just be safe polite and pay attention to whats going on around us.

I carry a Sig P290rs 9mm, it's a 6+1. Two extra 8rnd magazines. I only carry a backup, (a Ruger LCP) on rare occasions. If I'm feeling the need I usually go bigger/more powerful and three extra mags!
To each his own I guess. I do carry a larrapin knife!

PS, I forgot 1/2 the question! A Sig baby nine, the Ruger .380, and a Sig P250 in .45ACP.
They all are DAO, all the controls operate the same and are positioned the same!

Last Edited:
I carry a long gun in the truck. My pocket pistol isn't much good on a coyote 200 yds out in a field. My long gun is a tool just the same as my pocket gun. They both have uses. This gives me the option to use the right tool for the job at hand. DR

Lately I've been open carrying my M69 revolver AND my XD-9 with a spare MecGar 18rnd mag, a revolver is great to give to a companion as it's simple and requires little/no training to deploy: perfect for a helper... plus the sight of a Magnum (loaded with specials) has a deterrent effect in itself.
LOL

I carry a long gun in the truck. My pocket pistol isn't much good on a coyote 200 yds out in a field. My long gun is a tool just the same as my pocket gun. They both have uses. This gives me the option to use the right tool for the job at hand. DR

I got to live that life for a while and I wish I had found a way to stick with it. I kept a rifle in the vehicle with no worry of anyone stealing it, and had a Beretta 92 in a nice leather holster....in my center console.

I have a ccw and carried for 48 years and never had conflict where I needed to use my firearm. No sense carrying two in my world. If I go to a bad area I might carry two guns.

If I may. I've never felt the need to carry a gun on my person or in my vehicle (except to transport for fun or sale). I don't give a thought to folks that do carry but I've never seen the need. So... do you carry for work or job related, protection because of neighborhood, protection for that "one in a million" encounter, or do you like the feel of three pounds of steel hanging from your hip? I'm not being a jack, but I am curious. Thank you.

At some point in time, yes to each of your examples.
1) I have carried a firearm for work.
2) As a rule I avoid shady places where one would really feel the need for it, but sometimes you gotta go there anyway.
3)And I'm a bit of a boy scout - by no means prepared for everything, but I do try to stay prepared for lots of unexpected things, so the one in a million encounter applies.
4) I guess not all of your examples - I don't care for the weight but you get used to it.

If I may. I've never felt the need to carry a gun on my person or in my vehicle (except to transport for fun or sale). I don't give a thought to folks that do carry but I've never seen the need. So... do you carry for work or job related, protection because of neighborhood, protection for that "one in a million" encounter, or do you like the feel of three pounds of steel hanging from your hip? I'm not being a jack, but I am curious. Thank you.

In the over 20 years of working on vacant foreclosed houses I have never had to draw my pistol, however there were three times when I had my hand firmly on the grip and ready. The first was a rural house that had a half dozen Hispanic fixture thieves run out the back door as I entered the front. They had already carted off the sinks and toilets and were working on getting the furnace. The second was a drug house. It is common for kids to break into vacant homes to party, but this one had scales set up. What really set off my spidey sense was a still new in the plastic Mossberg shotgun lock laying in the middle of the living room floor. The third was some road-rager who was tailing me after I left a property. All three times I called the police to make a report and they could not give a sh!t. The only person who did was the insurance agent for the first house who paid for the buyers to have all new fixtures.

I also carry pepper spray and a small knife. Don't be complacent

So you don't wear a seatbelt? Have a fire extinguisher?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top