JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carrying the Swiss army back up gun multi caliber just unfold new barrel uploadfromtaptalk1424099550135.png

Maybe I have relied on my two snubbies too much. One is in a left hand pocket holster. The other could be on the hip in a kydex holster. My reload practice has shown this to be archaic. I have carried my Sig M11a1 a little in a Blade Tech meant for my P226. Since I added G10 grips I see this is not ideal. I have ordered a new holster and hope it will allow me to conceal the M11a1 properly.

I usually drop a .380 in pocket holster in my right back pocket as a bug. There again, I do not go to bad places , but for some reason I cannot get past not having that second gun. I do know some LEO who carry a compact 9mm or .380 in a ankle holster as a 3rd gun though.

I don't but if I did it would probably be a snub nose .38 in an ankle holster.

Maybe I've been watching to many movies.:D

Might work for some people, but try moving to cover and drawing the weapon and keeping your eye on the bad guy (s) all at the same time. Plus old guys like me might fall clean over reaching down that low and then be like an upside down turtle.

That me sometimes, a turtle on my back... I've fallen and I can't get up...

I used to get down on the creeper to work on cars or equipment and could get back up. Now I have to make sure the wife is there, or I hook a rope to my belt and run it to the block and tackle and then crank my azz back up. I just don't do it any more. My new shop will have an electric winch overhead for just that reason.

At a time, for EDC I used to... But it was just all too bulky for on person carry.. Then I switched to fanny packs and bag carry. If I can tote my bag around Ill often have a full size or compact pistol with my sub compact on me.

So all in all no not anymore, However if I found a good deal on an NAA 22 magnum revolver Id probably go back to two pistols on me regularly.

Pretty seasonal/situational for me. Usually its just a pocket pistol in the summer. When people get out their heavier clothes and its easier to hide my gun I'll carry two. If I am having to deal with unpleasant places/situations then I'll carry two and just deal with the extra clothing.. Someday I'll figure out how to carry as well as I'd like in the summer. I don't have any identical guns, but I've carried a .38 and a .380 which were about the same size before.

For example, you carry a Glock 22, do you carry a backup gun that is a Glock 27 or something else, different caliber, different type of gun altogether? Or do you not carry a BUG at all? Why or why not?

I personally don't carry a BUG. I'm just curious.
I carry, same gun (18 shots),same way, same place, laser equipped, instinctive shooting, no guess work.

I only carry one hand gun with a total of three mags, the other handgun on my list will also be a 1911 in a bigger cal. for the outdoor activities, with three mags. When THAT happens I'll have a smaller caliber backup that shoots with the same mechanical properties. I won't have to think about which gun I'm holding, ONLY WHERE hold and WHEN to fire!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top