JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For me, having a BUG just gives me options. Carry it in a front pocket and you can put your hands in your pockets if you walk up on questionable individuals. Instead of reacting and going to your main weapon, you can walk with the gun already in your hand.

I do that with sweatshirts. I don't even expect to pull the gun out if I have to fire it, just going to shoot it while it's in the pocket if it's a reasonable distance and a good backstop.

I usually don't carry a BUG unless I know I'm going some place shady or a high threat area. Most times, 17+1 and 2 to 4 mags as back up is enough, if I carry a single stack, I may add in a BUG, Just gives me more options. Some times having a BUG makes removing the main carry piece possible in situations where the main piece might be discovered!

One gun. If I am going someplace I'm likely to need more I don't go.

When I was on-duty I always carried one and sometimes two BUGs. No matter what was in the duty holster the BUG was a S&W Model 36 because in a pinch I could hand that to any other officer and be pretty confident they'd know what to do with it.

No... But I often "backup" when I carry...Backup meaning really think about the situation that I am in or going into... more than I normally do.

If anything carrying makes me more aware of my surroundings ... Knowing that if I need to use my gun , I better be damn sure that I am in the right and all bases are covered....Seeing as how I will be judged seven ways to Sunday on what I did , did not do or could have done ... Mostly by folks who weren't there or don't have a clue.
Andy

Only one. Honestly, I'm not sure where I would carry a BUG - things like ankle holsters are rather uncomfortable and I don't like pocket carry. Besides, as I'm not an LEO, my primary response to an active threat is to get out, not stay and engage. If I have to draw, it's because I have no other options available, and I'm doubtful I would even have a chance to get at a BUG anyway. That said, I do always have a knife on me, so I can consider that a form of backup.

On my person? No, though I did experiment with said years ago. I don't hang with scuzzbags, use drugs, or frequent bad parts, and am not tasked by my occupation to interface with violent individuals. Oh, they are out there, so the primary, and quick reloads (e.g., magazines, speedloaders, et al.) are on my person. But a "New York reload", while a good idea in general, isn't something I can justify the weight for, and other factors.

In my truck, on my own acreage, or while out hunting in the hinterland? Yes, generally speaking. There is almost always a long gun, backed up by a solid handgun or two.

For example, you carry a Glock 22, do you carry a backup gun that is a Glock 27 or something else, different caliber, different type of gun altogether? Or do you not carry a BUG at all? Why or why not?

I personally don't carry a BUG. I'm just curious.
If I had to carry a back up gun it would be simple something like a model 60 S@W just because if you have to go to your back up gun it should be a simple point and pull the trigger gun don't want to mess with mags racking slide Jam's so on and so on

Seriously, if you carry a primary plus mags, a BUG plus mags and a knife, how much weight is that and also, how good of a lawyer do you have?

Sometimes balance trumps weight, in my case, I have having the weight on my pistol on one side can throw my back out of whack but if I balance it with the same piece in the mirror location all is honky-dory. I never carry a shoulder holster with the pistol w/ two mags, instead I prefer two pistol, again balance.

Normally, I carry one and my wife carries one .... each with re-loads. My wife and I are each other's backup. Now, depending on where we are going we may take more. I also view my truck as another tool at my disposal.

Normally, I carry one and my wife carries one .... each with re-loads. My wife and I are each other's backup. Now, depending on where we are going we may take more. I also view my truck as another tool at my disposal.
Just don't do this lol two guys joined at the hip join the teams LOL P1010012.jpg lol one shot kills two train to separate but stay in contact this is ridiculous you and your other should know what to do in a fight and standing next to each other could get you both killed in one shot

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top