JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you buy ammo of a caliber for a gun you don't already own?

• Yes

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 48 48.5%
  • This poll is stupid and I's more dumber fer readin it

Votes: 12 12.1%

• Total voters
I was just being sarcastic, hence the "Johnny Apocalypse" reference. however I actually plagerized someone, (an ammo hoarder) at fishermans marine say he was planning on bartering with ammo when the world economy collapses. numbskulls like him only fuel the ammo shortage.

I took the bait, hook, line, and sinker :s0112:

I bought brass, bullets, primers, powder, and spare magazines for a pistol I had on back order. Turn's out the company had stopped actually making said model, but somehow it had not been removed from my FFL's suppliers ordering system. So I never got the pistol, but I have 3 spare 38 super 1911 mag's, multiple pounds of powder, probably 2000 copper plated bullets, 500 new brass and a couple thousand small pistol primers. Eventually bought a .38 super revolver, so I can use most of it. Eventually I will get a 38 super 1911 to go with the magazines LOL.

Stuff for what I have (7.62 / .40sw /.223)... Surely... Planned? Moderatley...

12 ga./ .22 / .45 / 9mm? Ill take it if it falls my way. Cant hurt, if you have one or not.

Since 45 and 9mm fall under my planned definately SOON anyways... bubblegum I need a 12 Guage... LOL

Its crossed my mind, but I always back out because I dont have the extra money to be throwing around..

Its different when you know your getting the gun someday.. For me I go to WalMart and see the Federal Bulk .223 and drool because they are always stocked up on it, and because its a good looking price, but I dont have a .223 nor do I know if I will ever get one lol..

I dont "buy" ammo that I dont own but me and a buddy collect any brass that we come acrost at the range. Alot of people dont reload and the way I see it if I ever decide to reload that cal. at least I will already have some brass for it.

I did a few months back with .357 mag jhp (50 rnd not 25rd hornaday) because the stuff was hard to find and I figured that I would get one someday.... the day came.... now I need more!

I always buy and keep some of my favorite cal. Sometimes I have the gun and sometimes i don't. I just bought some vintage 351 SL. I don't know where you would buy more and I hope a 1907 Win 351 is the next gun I can ad to my vintage semi auto collection.

I buy ammo at a good deal for my GF's parent's 30-30
I buy 9mm, 7.62x39/54R because I own em.
I haven't decided on a second handgun caliber yet but I was buying 50packs of .22 for the parent's 22 and hopefully my own but that's a while off for me.
(otherwise i'm probably gonna get a .22 or other small caliber pistol, or maybe get a .40...undecided.) when I do decide though i'll be buying ammo for it.

After being away from shooting a long time, the prices are surprising. Thot I'd be handloading (not 9mm), but I saw 250 rounds of 9mm in a bullet weight in which I don't have too much interest for $52. Should I have bought some......just to have it?

After being away from shooting a long time, the prices are surprising. Thot I'd be handloading (not 9mm), but I saw 250 rounds of 9mm in a bullet weight in which I don't have too much interest for $52. Should I have bought some......just to have it?

well at wal-mart (which i think is where you saw that.) if they have it in, you can get federal 115 for 47.35[9.47 a box] for 250 rounds (i guess no one likes 124?)

if it's a brand or weight you don't personally like, I don't see why you should just buy it cause it's there...(unless, it's a reeeeeeally good deal?)

Well I have to go against what I said on the poll.

I am scheduled to pick up some 22-250 ammo today. I don't own that gun yet.. should be getting one next week.
Does that count?

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR