JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you buy ammo of a caliber for a gun you don't already own?

• Yes

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 48 48.5%
  • This poll is stupid and I's more dumber fer readin it

Votes: 12 12.1%

• Total voters
I was just being sarcastic, hence the "Johnny Apocalypse" reference. however I actually plagerized someone, (an ammo hoarder) at fishermans marine say he was planning on bartering with ammo when the world economy collapses. numbskulls like him only fuel the ammo shortage.

I took the bait, hook, line, and sinker :s0112:

I bought brass, bullets, primers, powder, and spare magazines for a pistol I had on back order. Turn's out the company had stopped actually making said model, but somehow it had not been removed from my FFL's suppliers ordering system. So I never got the pistol, but I have 3 spare 38 super 1911 mag's, multiple pounds of powder, probably 2000 copper plated bullets, 500 new brass and a couple thousand small pistol primers. Eventually bought a .38 super revolver, so I can use most of it. Eventually I will get a 38 super 1911 to go with the magazines LOL.

Stuff for what I have (7.62 / .40sw /.223)... Surely... Planned? Moderatley...

12 ga./ .22 / .45 / 9mm? Ill take it if it falls my way. Cant hurt, if you have one or not.

Since 45 and 9mm fall under my planned definately SOON anyways... bubblegum I need a 12 Guage... LOL

Its crossed my mind, but I always back out because I dont have the extra money to be throwing around..

Its different when you know your getting the gun someday.. For me I go to WalMart and see the Federal Bulk .223 and drool because they are always stocked up on it, and because its a good looking price, but I dont have a .223 nor do I know if I will ever get one lol..

I dont "buy" ammo that I dont own but me and a buddy collect any brass that we come acrost at the range. Alot of people dont reload and the way I see it if I ever decide to reload that cal. at least I will already have some brass for it.

I did a few months back with .357 mag jhp (50 rnd not 25rd hornaday) because the stuff was hard to find and I figured that I would get one someday.... the day came.... now I need more!

I always buy and keep some of my favorite cal. Sometimes I have the gun and sometimes i don't. I just bought some vintage 351 SL. I don't know where you would buy more and I hope a 1907 Win 351 is the next gun I can ad to my vintage semi auto collection.

I buy ammo at a good deal for my GF's parent's 30-30
I buy 9mm, 7.62x39/54R because I own em.
I haven't decided on a second handgun caliber yet but I was buying 50packs of .22 for the parent's 22 and hopefully my own but that's a while off for me.
(otherwise i'm probably gonna get a .22 or other small caliber pistol, or maybe get a .40...undecided.) when I do decide though i'll be buying ammo for it.

After being away from shooting a long time, the prices are surprising. Thot I'd be handloading (not 9mm), but I saw 250 rounds of 9mm in a bullet weight in which I don't have too much interest for $52. Should I have bought some......just to have it?

After being away from shooting a long time, the prices are surprising. Thot I'd be handloading (not 9mm), but I saw 250 rounds of 9mm in a bullet weight in which I don't have too much interest for $52. Should I have bought some......just to have it?

well at wal-mart (which i think is where you saw that.) if they have it in, you can get federal 115 for 47.35[9.47 a box] for 250 rounds (i guess no one likes 124?)

if it's a brand or weight you don't personally like, I don't see why you should just buy it cause it's there...(unless, it's a reeeeeeally good deal?)

Well I have to go against what I said on the poll.

I am scheduled to pick up some 22-250 ammo today. I don't own that gun yet.. should be getting one next week.
Does that count?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads