JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you buy ammo of a caliber for a gun you don't already own?

• Yes

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 48 48.5%
  • This poll is stupid and I's more dumber fer readin it

Votes: 12 12.1%

• Total voters
A friend of mine has been buying more ammo for my guns than I have. Does it count if you're buying calibers that you don't own, but you're going to shoot?

I figure that I don't have enough (can you ever have enough?) ammo for the calibers I already own. So, I won't "waste" money on other calibers. Why would I? To use for barter in a SHTF situation? No! I don't think I would want to help arm a potential enemy. I'd rather barter with food or some other item and KEEP (and be able to use) all of my ammo!

No I don't and never have purchased ammo in a caliber I don't own and I wish other people wouldn't either. If you are buying ammo for a gun that you know you soon will buy I guess I'm okay with that but otherwise all your doing is taking away from those that could actually use the ammunition and increasing the shortage artificially.

I buy any and all ammo i find regardless of the caliber. im going to use it someday to barter for food when the world economy collapses. sincerely, johnny apocalypse

:s0112: Good luck with that!

I have food storage and bullets so if a SHTF situation happens I would recomend not coming to my house to trade bullets which I already have for food.

Go get yourself some food storage started already and stop buying bullets you likely have way more then you can ever need.

If it all goes to heck and a hand basket and you come to my house to trade bullets for food I think it more likely we'd be trading bullets back and forth and I rather not play that game.

Again if your concerned about it quit foolishly buying up all the bullets and start buying up storable food already. Just like gold... you can't eat bullets man. Bullets are for protecting your family and food supply.

I reload and yes, I'll buy any components which are for popular calibers if the components are hard to find. Then I trade when possible. I recently did a primer trade with a member here.

There are also a couple of guns I want in the future and I have enough components to load lots of ammo for them.

I will also buy hard to find ammo if I see it on the shelf. I recently bought ten boxes of .380 and immediately called a couple of friends and sold all of it to them for what I paid.

:s0112: Good luck with that!

I have food storage and bullets so if a SHTF situation happens I would recomend not coming to my house to trade bullets which I already have for food.

Go get yourself some food storage started already and stop buying bullets you likely have way more then you can ever need.

If it all goes to heck and a hand basket and you come to my house to trade bullets for food I think it more likely we'd be trading bullets back and forth and I rather not play that game.

Again if your concerned about it quit foolishly buying up all the bullets and start buying up storable food already. Just like gold... you can't eat bullets man. Bullets are for protecting your family and food supply.

I was just being sarcastic, hence the "Johnny Apocalypse" reference. however I actually plagerized someone, (an ammo hoarder) at fishermans marine say he was planning on bartering with ammo when the world economy collapses. numbskulls like him only fuel the ammo shortage.

These days I'm doggone fortunate to find what I'm looking for to load and then shoot the guns I currently own, especially when .380 ACP often tops my list. So no, I don't go fishing for trout in a walleye pond as a general rule.

Speaking of .380, Jack at Dan-Dee Sales in Sweet Home has a good price on some 100-round boxes of Winchester WB at the moment. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top