JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Did you get one of the Covid vaccines?

• Yes

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • Not yet, but I plan on it

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Studies of study's show they can be made to say whatever you want to hear

This is a blog post, which is just 1 guy's opinion, and not really an authoritative statement of fact.

However, it does point out the need to formulate a hypothesis, have a valid experimental design, and apply appropriate statistical tests to the results in order to avoid the above criticism

Too often, investigators will search for relationships with a shotgun, and present associations as if they were evidence of causation. That's why it's important to examine the methods used when evaluating the relevance of any study.

Last Edited:
"Several large studies have shown that among individuals who are seropositive from prior SARS-CoV-2 infection, COVID-19 incidence is reduced by 80% to 95%, similar to vaccine efficacy estimates," they noted.

"Several large studies have shown that among individuals who are seropositive from prior SARS-CoV-2 infection, COVID-19 incidence is reduced by 80% to 95%, similar to vaccine efficacy estimates," they noted.

I said I was done, however, I will respond to this. I did not read the article, but I can say from previous experience that exposure without contraction is a known way to build immunity. I know my first year or so of practice I was sick often as i was being bombarded with different antigens all the time. After that period I, almost, never got sick in the next 10 or so years.I attribute this to my body's own defense mechanisms building the antibodies for those viruses from exposure-even variants. Thats how the body learns to deal with these things! Its Not 100% for sure but it, usually, lowers the reaction response! Just my 2c!

I said I was done, however, I will respond to this. I did not read the article, but I can say from previous experience that exposure without contraction is a known way to build immunity. I know my first year or so of practice I was sick often as i was being bombarded with different antigens all the time. After that period I, almost, never got sick in the next 10 or so years.I attribute this to my body's own defense mechanisms building the antibodies for those viruses from exposure-even variants. Thats how the body learns to deal with these things! Its Not 100% for sure but it, usually, lowers the reaction response! Just my 2c!
Same deal being married to a middle school teacher - we were sick for years every time school opened and we were young back then!

Look dude, I found an alternative to the vaccine:
Brazilian viper venom shows promise as drug against covid

How in the hell do people think of stuff like this? I just can't imagine just sitting there and thinking "Hmm, Coronavirus..... I'm going to drop some snake venom on this MFER and see what happens"... But penicillin was a fluke also.

Oh, and for further edification on snake venom: Whiskey infused with viper semen cures zombieitis to wit Range 15.

To make it clear, I'm not dogging you for that post, it just reminded me of a seriously demented movie. All with a dark and twisted sense of humor should watch.

How in the hell do people think of stuff like this? I just can't imagine just sitting there and thinking "Hmm, Coronavirus..... I'm going to drop some snake venom on this MFER and see what happens"... But penicillin was a fluke also.

Oh, and for further edification on snake venom: Whiskey infused with viper semen cures zombieitis to wit Range 15.

To make it clear, I'm not dogging you for that post, it just reminded me of a seriously demented movie. All with a dark and twisted sense of humor should watch.
It sounds like something Joe Rogan came up with

Yep, except more twisted. Rogan might not be able to come up with this level of filth.. It was independen,t so no restrictions.... Spoiler.. Whiskey in AZZ...It helps if you have a military background for some dark and slapstick...
It sounds like something Joe Rogan came up with

Those of you who are pro vaccine, do developments like this not strike you as at least a little dubious??:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Dr. Anthony Fauci says it is "likely" Americans will need to get a third dose of vaccine to be considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

Do you see what is being said there? Soon those of you with BOTH Fauci ouchies will now be designated as "not fully vaccinated" and I am not inferring or reading between the lines, Fauci literally said it'll be 3 shots until you are considered "fully vaccinated". BTW, with this 3rd shot, will those of you who want a vaccine be expecting some metric on when the masks can come off, or do you just continue doing what you are told even though the message seems to spew from a schizophrenic institution...

I "get it". Some people say it is "the science" to keep changing the narrative. But this guy is just spitballing that it is "likely".... this after King Co just said beginning Wednesday everyone needs to mask up outside.
Again, how can you pro-vaccine guys not be at least a little bit suspicious of these "experts"?

CEO Albert Bourla told Fox Business on Tuesday that his company believes that a variant of the virus that causes Covid-19 is likely to eventually emerge that Pfizer's vaccine wouldn't protect against.

Bourla's comments come after a similar forecast by Dr. Ugur Sahin, CEO of BioNTech (BNTX), the German biotech that is partnered with Pfizer (PFE) on the Covid-19 vaccine. On an earnings call in early August. Sahin said that it was "quite possible" that a new variant would emerge "in the next six to 12 months" that would require the companies to update their vaccine.

Y'all are just going to keep getting poked? When does it end? I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it is easy to see, using critical thought, that these guys are all over the place.

Those of you who are pro vaccine, do developments like this not strike you as at least a little dubious??:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Dr. Anthony Fauci says it is "likely" Americans will need to get a third dose of vaccine to be considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

Do you see what is being said there? Soon those of you with BOTH Fauci ouchies will now be designated as "not fully vaccinated" and I am not inferring or reading between the lines, Fauci literally said it'll be 3 shots until you are considered "fully vaccinated". BTW, with this 3rd shot, will those of you who want a vaccine be expecting some metric on when the masks can come off, or do you just continue doing what you are told even though the message seems to spew from a schizophrenic institution...

I "get it". Some people say it is "the science" to keep changing the narrative. But this guy is just spitballing that it is "likely".... this after King Co just said beginning Wednesday everyone needs to mask up outside.
Again, how can you pro-vaccine guys not be at least a little bit suspicious of these "experts"?

CEO Albert Bourla told Fox Business on Tuesday that his company believes that a variant of the virus that causes Covid-19 is likely to eventually emerge that Pfizer's vaccine wouldn't protect against.

Bourla's comments come after a similar forecast by Dr. Ugur Sahin, CEO of BioNTech (BNTX), the German biotech that is partnered with Pfizer (PFE) on the Covid-19 vaccine. On an earnings call in early August. Sahin said that it was "quite possible" that a new variant would emerge "in the next six to 12 months" that would require the companies to update their vaccine.

Y'all are just going to keep getting poked? When does it end? I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it is easy to see, using critical thought, that these guys are all over the place.

It won't end. I'm assuming it will be a yearly thing, like the flu shot. There is enough unvaccinated people around the world that this won't burn out, if at all, for a few years and it will keep mutating like all viruses do.

Just like a flu shot? Yep. Easy and free. Viruses are pesky and always changing. Vaccines against coronaviruses aren't a "one and done" but they hesitate to say anything definitive because they simply don't know for sure. And I would say those who are anti vaccine need to utilize the critical thinking, the experts (no quotes needed) aren't out to getcha.

Just like a flu shot? Yep. Easy and free. Viruses are pesky and always changing. Vaccines against coronaviruses aren't a "one and done" but they hesitate to say anything definitive because they simply don't know for sure. And I would say those who are anti vaccine need to utilize the critical thinking, the experts (no quotes needed) aren't out to getcha.
I actually don't think that the vaccines are "dangerous", to me (or vast majority of people) at least. My only hang up is the narrative is a freaking mess, and the same jerks that call people who won't vote for them certain names, are now insisting I take shots with no end in sight, they can pound sand. The fact that you can admit they "don't know for sure" then be like "heck yeah, jab me up" perplexes me

I also believe this virus WILL KILL a certain number of people, no matter how many vaccines are made. That's the way it works and we are just delaying the inevitable. Keep making vaccines, rona will just get pissed and find a way around it to kill the next batch of susceptible people. Heck, who knows, we could piss rona off so badly things could get much worse......
At some point, society is just going to have to live with this virus. Masks off and all. It is not ever going away.

It won't end. I'm assuming it will be a yearly thing, like the flu shot.
I just talked to a young woman today (in her early 20s) who recovered from covid about a week ago. She said she was very ill for a couple weeks, but not severe enough to be hospitalized. She was also fully vaccinated. Had her 1st dose in Jan and second dose in Feb. She said she was grateful she had been vaccinated, because she thought her illness would have been more severe otherwise.

A couple of things to think about:

1) Is the current surge an epidemic of the unvaccinated? Maybe not.

2) Does the vaccine work or not? Maybe it doesn't. Maybe it does, but a booster is needed after 6 months. In her case, the timing is about right. Not proof of anything. Just 1 data point.

She also said she doesn't know anyone in her family or circle of friends who has been ill, but she does work in a public contact (food service) type of occupation.

ETA: Went by Salem Clinic today. Normally when I go by, which is not that often, the 3 drive-thru covid testing lanes are deserted. Today they were lined up like they were giving away free money or something. I heard there was a 3 hour wait.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class