JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Did you get one of the Covid vaccines?

• Yes

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • Not yet, but I plan on it

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Reactions
As the title says, I'm just curious how many of you are vaccinated. Me personally, I will never get a covid vaccine, especially since the long term side effects have never been studied (normal vaccine development normally takes a decade or more), and covid has a 99% survival rate for my age group.

I was not going to do so till work forced me. My Doc beat them too it. I have had him for a long time and really like the guy. He said Vaccine or no in office visit so took them. Couple weeks later the wana be king governor here mandated it for me too but by then I already had both shots. Several people I work with said it really knocked them in the dirt. I could feel nothing from either one. Seems real hit and miss.

Both wife and I had the Moderna vaccine, here in King County vaccines were so plentiful that you can pick and choose which one you prefer, which is pretty amazing.

It gives us a peace of mind when we're out exploring Washington State (we moved here early last year) and even if we were to contract the virus (touch wood), the vaccine should reduce the severity and reduce the recovery time. We treat it just like any other regular flu shots.

We've been on roll for vaccines actually, after the covid-19 vaccine, we also had our tetanus shot and wife had her shingles shot too. :)

Wife and I both have the moderna, since it was fist made available. My wife is a nurse that works with covid patients every day and so far has not brought it home since the start.

My real reason for being eager to get it is that my inlaws said they would take our two young boys for several weeks over the summer but wanted us both vaccinated to do so (they are super at risk and have the vaccine as well).

3-4 weeks with no kids? Ill take the anthrax series again for that wonderful gift.

I came on here to get people's opinions on both sides as I now have a choice to make and all these threads keep getting locked. Why?
Very good question. There seems to be a bias among some who don't want the skeptics view shared with the populace. It is happening across many social media platforms. I am sorry it is happening here too.

I suspect it's deeper than that.
Errr how deep? :s0140:

No friend, the reason may be deeper but the rules are how things are controlled. If one side doesn't like what's being said by the other side then a simple complaint shuts it all down. Not the American way but it's the way things work.

Errr how deep? :s0140:

No friend, the reason may be deeper but the rules are how things are controlled. If one side doesn't like what's being said by the other side then a simple complaint shuts it all down. Not the American way but it's the way things work.
It's happening at Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc where they are banning users and removing content, not because the comments were "ugly" but because they were skeptical of the covid narrative that the mainstream wants us to believe.

It's happening at Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc where they are banning users and removing content, not because the comments were "ugly" but because they were skeptical of the covid narrative that the mainstream wants us to believe.
NWFA is about guns and the community here. In order to keep the peace and prosperity of the site going it takes rules and rightly so. This is no place for any politics other than gun laws and its not a place of learning other than about guns.

It's only opinions when you get passed the gun stuff. Fakebook and twitface are opinion driven and controlled by CCP fact checkers. Of course you won't get opinions or news on covid that makes the creators of covid look bad on fakebook.

Fortunately there are many places on the net for alternative news. Seek and you will find.

NWFA is about guns and the community here. In order to keep the peace and prosperity of the site going it takes rules and rightly so. This is no place for any politics other than gun laws and its not a place of learning other than about guns.

It's only opinions when you get passed the gun stuff. Fakebook and twitface are opinion driven and controlled by CCP fact checkers. Of course you won't get opinions or news on covid that makes the creators of covid look bad on fakebook.

Fortunately there are many places on the net for alternative news. Seek and you will find.
The "Off Topic" section is for subjects not firearm related. Covid is a health topic which should be fair game in Off Topic section.

The "Off Topic" section is for subjects not firearm related. Covid is a health topic which should be fair game in Off Topic section.
It's my opinion that no matter what we talk about in off topic it has to be in a civil manner or it gets terminated.

I love nothing better on the net than a good conversation but far too often some of the folks on every net site have the need to disrupt a good conversation.

There is so much covid news out there that doesn't go along with the pro Vax people that they can't afford people to read it or see it. It why it gets shut down.

Now think about all the other topics of conversation manipulated or shut down, it's never ending.

Here you go guys, a covid story you need to think about really hard. The head of a communist nation say nobody should be forced to get vaccinated while your leaders in our free world are saying you may have to be forced.

Here you go guys, a covid story you need to think about really hard. The head of a communist nation say nobody should be forced to get vaccinated while your leaders in our free world are saying you may have to be forced.

This is one area where I can agree with Vlad.

Edit: too bad he doesn't feel the same way about poisoning his opponents.

I work in the tech industry, which these days are a law unto themselves, and many companies including my employer, has told their employees that if you wish to keep collecting that lavish pay check, stock options and a ton of other benefits we heap on our employees, you get the covid-19 vaccine by certain date or you're fired. No exemption accepted.

In many ways, private tech companies now have more control over US citizens than Biden ever did or will.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR