JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes it did. For me, the Covid event began in Feb. 2020. We were going on a trip and having just heard about Covid in China, I suggested to Mrs. Merkt that we wear masks through the airports. She said, "Oh, those look so weird. I'm not wearing a mask." So I caved and didn't either. By the time we got back from Galveston, I was seeing a lot more masks in use. Of course you all know what happened thereafter. Isolation, masking, remote grocery buying, empty freeways (the only blessing of the whole thing) and the works. Over the course of the next three years, we were both vaxed and boosted a total of six times each. In my extended family, I was the only one who didn't come down with Covid, vaxed or not. Even Mrs. Merkt eventually caught a mild case of it. By the time she diagnosed, I'd already been exposed so we dispensed with the interior quarantine thing and I didn't get it. We kept up the masking in public discipline until it was officially dropped. I might've been one of a handful of customers going in to Sound Loan wearing a mask, but I'm old and I figured if the mask gave me even a little protection against spittle spray, I'd wear it.

Okay, last week we were on a trip to Alaska. Thursday, I felt a tickle in my throat. Next morning, we got home and I felt pretty good, but by the evening I was in bad shape. Not knowing what it was, Mrs. Merkt suggested I do the Covid home diagnosis test. Which I did and it was a hard positive. Saturday, I was in bad shape. The full body ache, even my balls hurt. My throat never got horribly sore but my head filled with fluid and at one point, I had an ear ache from pressure. The global headache was tolerable. Mild fever and frequent urination. Sunday, I was feeling slightly better but still spent the day in bed. Monday, I was feeling mostly alive again and was able to get up and do some chores. Today, I felt like I'm getting some back to normal. Now I'm in the dry cough phase, which hurts my diaphragm but the disease seems to have stayed out of my lungs. Mrs. Merkt made me some hot lemon / honey, which actually helps. I always thought it was a myth.

I complained to Mrs. Merkt, "I got all those shots and still got sick." Her response, "Some studies show that if you are vaxed and still get Covid, it's likely that your symptoms will be milder." In any event, I seem to be getting over it fairly quickly. Not like some of those people in the early phases of Covid who died from it. One of my Vietnam war pals got it in the early days, he was in the hospital for 100 days, his medical bill was over a million dollars. They had to cut a hole in his neck to get a ventilator inserted, which has permanently damaged his voice. He almost died, so I guess my minor inconvenience is nothing.

Glad to hear you beat it but can you imagine if the polio vaccine allowed you to get a little bit paralyzed or the tetnus booster prevented most severe cases of lockjaw but you could still get it.

What you caught was probably a less virulent version of the flu - be it COVID or some other flu. Mutations of viruses tend to be less deadly and more contagious over time. This is not to say that it can't possibly mutate into something more dangerous, but it's not at all likely.

What you caught was probably a less virulent version of the flu - be it COVID or some other flu. Mutations of viruses tend to be less deadly and more contagious over time. This is not to say that it can't possibly mutate into something more dangerous, but it's not at all likely.
Working in health care we still see covid daily. Any more of course many of the people who test positive for it had no idea they had it. They thought they had a common cold. It will never go away now just like the common cold will never go away. The hospitals are no longer acting like people who have it have Ebola any more. The only people who will have real problems with it now are those with real bad health problems already. Just one more bug that will keep circling the globe and humans will learn to live with it.

My wife's two sisters, one of which lives 15 miles away. and the other lives in North Carolina, both came down with COVID about a month ago. Neither had a bad case, but sort of like a bad flu.

On a trip to Alaska at the beginning of August, my wife came down with a sore throat, chills, and a mild fever. She almost always springs back from sickness in a day or so, but this dragged on for over four days. On the fifth day, although she was feeling much better, she reported that she had lost her sense of taste. :eek: I had started to get a scratchy throat. Not sore, but not comfortable. It went away after a couple of days, and I never felt worse than a mild cold.

Neither of us has taken a test, since it wouldn't matter. At this point, both of us probably would show presence of COVID antibodies from previous exposure. We both have had the shot and two boosters.

Life goes on.

Get well soon. Just got back from visiting my Dad in Boise. He's 81 and got covid a couple of weeks ago. Was in the hospital the whole time after collapsing at home. Got pneumonia from it as well. He's been in a rehab center for the last week, they think he may go home in 2-3 weeks. He's lost a lot of weight, and can't talk for more than a few minutes at a time. He finally had enough energy to eat a fried egg and some toast this morning. Covid is no joke if you are vulnerable. Dad doesn't smoke or drink, and is active for his age and not obese. It scared the bubblegum out of me for the first week...

I snagged it twice, or at least tested positive twice. Neither time was I symptomatic for more than 24 hours, and at no time did I feel it was truly "bad". More like a short intense cold. Oddly, I'm right in the age group (80) where they were trying to convince everyone it was a death sentence. Didn't play the Mask & Vax game. Oh well...

I snagged it twice, or at least tested positive twice. Neither time was I symptomatic for more than 24 hours, and at no time did I feel it was truly "bad". More like a short intense cold. Oddly, I'm right in the age group (80) where they were trying to convince everyone it was a death sentence. Didn't play the Mask & Vax game. Oh well...
It's just an upper respiratory bug. Just like many that came before it. Only difference is its new to the human race. Many still buy into the hype mainly because they want to. :s0092:
The upper respiratory bugs that have been with us for many generations kill a LOT of people every year. One common cause of death is pneumonia. This is not "caused" by the bug. The bug weakens some and they can then end up with more serious problems. Often sadly the health care places are what makes it worse. Someone in a weakened state is around a LOT of nasty bugs. LONG before we invented Covid a lot of people died every year from the bugs before it but for some reason no one thought to hype them up. One upside to this one is the very young are almost never effected by the new bug we made. The old bugs often kill the very young here before their bodies are able to fight it off. There is a push again now to go back to panic. It worked so well last time a lot of people are testing the waters to see if they can get people to line up and panic again. :(

I don't understand, you got covid even though you got the jab. Didn't they say you wouldn't get covid if you got the jab?

I see Ivermectin has been approved as a treatment for covid, anyone consider using it since it's the most used drug on the planet?

Consider yourself lucky. We lost six otherwise healthy family members aged 40-85 in the span of eleven months. My buddy lost his mom then his dad one week later, they were in their 50s and early 60s. Yadda yadda, I'm glad you were asymptomatic.

#notpartofthe350kdeadclub2020

Was there ever any doubt? If his mouth is moving he is lying. Only difference now is often he may no longer know he is lying since he is reading what's put in front of him and often does not know where he even is.
I guess some believe him because they got every vax that came out. Odd they still get covid when Biden was so adamant that you couldn't get covid if you got the jab and boosters.

Must be a new jab in the works if those jabbed like pin cushions are still catching covid.

I got COVID before it was a news story. I have a few conditions that put me at "high risk", but it was essentially a bad flu for me. I had it for over a week, which is very unusual for me, but there were really only two days where I was in bed for most of the day. Bad but not life threatening.

Not sure if I've ever had it. I've had a cold-like illness a couple times over the last 3 years. Never bothered with actual testing kits but I never for a moment did I prefer AR's to AK's so clearly no less of taste, so probably no covid.

I got COVID before it was a news story. I have a few conditions that put me at "high risk", but it was essentially a bad flu for me. I had it for over a week, which is very unusual for me, but there were really only two days where I was in bed for most of the day. Bad but not life threatening.
Did you take Ivermectin or was it not allowed when you got covid? They are saying Ivermectin got a bad rap as the government lied and said it was for horses. Now we find out its the most prescribed medicine in the world.

Last Edited:
I guess some believe him because they got every vax that came out. Odd they still get covid when Biden was so adamant that you couldn't get covid if you got the jab and boosters.

Must be a new jab in the works if those jabbed like pin cushions are still catching covid.
Sadly a LOT of people will vote for whoever they put up no matter what. Sadly a LOT of people who should know better will refuse to vote for the better choice as they are not perfect. Then those same people wonder why more and more laws are passed that do nothing to crime but do punish them. :s0092:
Gun owners who love freedom are often their own worst enemy and refuse to see it. :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top