JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Read the label on Wasp Spray. Using it for anything but its intended purpose is criminal. Just FYI.

A few decades ago, I used to ride a bike four miles to and from work. One morning a large black dog starting chasing me uphill This continued for several
days before he gave a good chomp on my right backside...I jumped from the bike and held it between us until he walked away.

That night I filled up a four ounce squirt bottle with clear ammonia.

Sure enough, the bugger was after another taste the next morning; I opened the squirt-top and hosed the bottle behind me.
A few seconds later I looked back to see the dog rolling about and pawing his nose...
never was approached by this animal again.

Oh for Chrissake... please. No, I don't rescue animals or hang out at animal shelters. You're right, that's not my bag... Maybe you don't differentiate between a Pit Bull and a Lab Retriever, but I'm pretty sure most people do, and especially when confronted on their own property.

Things are different today. A lot of people are having to leave dogs due to the economy. They might lose their house and have to move to an apartment that doesn't allow dogs, or even with friends or relatives who don't want it. I think if you know how to test a dog for temperament, it's a nice thing to rescue one rather than buy from a breeder (also a good way to get a bad dog.) I always want a dog that's 2 or 3 years old so I can see what it is. Some other physical issues don't become apparent until the dog matures, too.

i will never understand why people would own and defend pitbulls,they are ugly mean beasts and i dont care if you have money and an education or whatever if you own one you are trash...i hate the old line its the owner not the dog....if you would own one you are wired wrong,you are either a tough guy or love to bother people with your stupid breed of dog.
it's never the dog till it kills a child or an old lady.this breed needs to be done away with.

i will never understand why people would own and defend pitbulls,they are ugly mean beasts and i dont care if you have money and an education or whatever if you own one you are trash...i hate the old line its the owner not the dog....if you would own one you are wired wrong,you are either a tough guy or love to bother people with your stupid breed of dog.
it's never the dog till it kills a child or an old lady.this breed needs to be done away with.

Another moron with zero experience with the breed.

Troll

It looks like most of the personal attacks here are directed against people who have learned some kind of sad lesson about large vicious breeds of dogs, so I wonder if people who like them are not only irresponsible but even antisocial? If you can't have a conversation about something without making comments maligning someone else maybe you shouldn't have a large dog breed, because people who live in peace with their neighbors do not act like that.

As far as whether it's the dog or the owner really doesn't matter when your blood is running all over the ground, but I agree that some of the people in this forum shouldn't have dogs at all because they clearly don't like other people. Don't blame someone else for your attitude, take personal responsibility and if you own a large vicious dog be ready to spend time in jail if it kills some kid, but true responsibility means not allowing that to happen.

If your dog bites me it will die, and that's the owners fault too, not mine.

When I got my CCW I went over many possible cases where I may have to use it, being responsible I will try to avoid that if at all possible. If I can get away and call the cops I will, if it means taking verbal abuse from people, like in this thread constantly, I will, because I have to live with what I do with the right to keep and bear arms. Dog ownership is similar, except the dog may actually go off and kill someone on it's own, very few maulings were at the owners demand.

You who keep saying the dog is someone else's precious family member, how about other people's small dogs and cats? Pit bulls are well known for killing other people's pets. I really think what is going on here is that some of us want a right to be offensive to others, dangerous to strangers. I feel sorry for you if that's what you like.

1. Spamming, trolling, flaming, personal attacks, and distasteful material are prohibited.

This goes along with the Golden Rule of NorthwestFirearms. We cannot provide a comprehensive list of "Things Not To Say." Posts that are contrary to the rules and policies on this page, or to the mission of NorthwestFirearms.com, may be edited or deleted at our sole discretion. Membership may be revoked if such a step is deemed necessary by us. You can disagree with other members, even vehemently, but it must be done in a well-mannered form. Attack the argument, not the arguer. This forum is a private venture enabled by an all-volunteer staff. Please treat this venue as a polite discussion in a friend's home and respect the wishes of the host.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top