JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dangerous for your freedom

It's my understanding that any crime of violence with a suppressor comes with a 30 year mandatory minimum sentence.

With the justice system becoming more anti-gun, there's a perceived risk that you may be charged with a least manslaughter for the lawful use of a firearm in self-defense.

Is your hearing worth 30 years in jail on top of whatever bogus charge you may face?

18 U.S.C. § 924(c)(1) is where you will find the 30 year mandory minimum for silencers

Also wortj noting, its a 10 year mandatory for crime of violence using an SBR

It's my understanding that any crime of violence with a suppressor comes with a 30 year mandatory minimum sentence.

With the justice system becoming more anti-gun, there's a perceived risk that you may be charged with a least manslaughter for the lawful use of a firearm in self-defense.

Is your hearing worth 30 years in jail on top of whatever bogus charge you may face?

18 U.S.C. § 924(c)(1) is where you will find the 30 year mandory minimum for silencers

Whose to say a suppressor was attached to your gun by the time the police arrive 10 minutes later with the coroner?

There are Constitutional limits to federal criminal jurisdiction. I have not looked at the status of case law on this particular statute, but the federal bench has likely required the federal prosecution to prove an interstate commerce element of the "crime of violence" as they do for other federal criminal charges.

As someone with a severe case of tinnitus…. yes, yes it IS worth it. Besides no one will hear the shooting…. shoot, shovel, and shut-up!

:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads