JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah man, but are you going to trust the DA in a city like Portland to let you defend yourself lawfully and get away with it scott free?

You could very well get the Michael Strickland treatment.

You guys make a good point on just removing the suppressor. But what if you just mame your intruder, are you going to kill him after the threat has ended so he doesnt snitch you out? I guess that's a legal, ethical, and moral decision you'll have to make on your own

I think the SBR would be the biggest risk. I've seen a lot of guys choose one as their go-to home defense, or even vehicle carry(I really miss having a rifle in the car with an OR CWP, in Washington, its handguns only)

It's not very probable, but definitely not impossible in today's political climate.

Yeah man, but are you going to trust the DA in a city like Portland to let you defend yourself lawfully and get away with it scott free?

You could very well get the Michael Strickland treatment.

You guys make a good point on just removing the suppressor. But what if you just mame your intruder, are you going to kill him after the threat has ended so he doesnt snitch you out? I guess that's a legal, ethical, and moral decision you'll have to make on your own

I think the SBR would be the biggest risk. I've seen a lot of guys choose one as their go-to home defense, or even vehicle carry(I really miss having a rifle in the car with an OR CWP, in Washington, its handguns only)

It's not very probable, but definitely not impossible in today's political climate.
I don't know, but I don't suspect that a BG shot and bleeding is going to remember how loud the gun was after he said 'cheese'.

It's my understanding that any crime of violence with a suppressor comes with a 30 year mandatory minimum sentence.
Home defense is not a "crime of violence".

I understand then notion that certain firearms and accessories for them , can be seen as somehow more deadly or the like...
( BS as that is )
However...
At the end of the day...a good shoot is just that...a good shoot.
If it is legal to own...and that is what you own...then so be it.
Andy

Whose to say a suppressor was attached to your gun by the time the police arrive 10 minutes later with the coroner?
The coroner after he performs the autopsy? I keep a pair of range guards on the wall next to the bedroom door. I prefer the electronic microphone to pick up every little creak of the floor boards from across the house. Highly recommend.

An autopsy isn't performed when the cause of death is known and obvious.
Thank you. I thought autopsies were performed when there was suspected/known foul play, the cause of death was not clear, or per the family request. I remember the victims in the Darrell Brooks trial all had autopsies performed, why do it for victims of that one but not for the homeowner with a safe full of different types and calibers of firearms with a dead home intruder(s)?

Thank you. I thought autopsies were performed when there was suspected/known foul play, the cause of death was not clear, or per the family request. I remember the victims in the Darrell Brooks trial all had autopsies performed, why do it for victims of that one but not for the homeowner with a safe full of different types and calibers of firearms with a dead home intruder(s)?
The simple reason is money. Its pricey to do. So "normally" if there is not suspicion no one want to pay. Now if family wants to demand one? They can. Sometimes if they want it they will be told they have to pay for it though.

I was kind of wondering about that. Wondering how it would be possible to tell and WTF they would even care. If it was a "good shoot" why would anyone care if they "thought" the shooter used a can?:confused:
Now I guess maybe if it was some kind of homicide maybe they would care.
In virtually all modern silencers there is no contact between the bullet and any part of the suppressor. I cant see why it would make a difference either. Its just a bullet leaving a gun. If the bullet leaving the gun is warranted its warranted.

An autopsy isn't performed when the cause of death is known and obvious.
This is usually only for natural causes of death where a doctor is willing to sign a death certificate. Where I worked, EVERY homicide had an autopsy performed by a forensic pathologist (someone trained in evidence). (BTW, killing someone in self defense is homicide, just not murder, i.e., non-criminal). I'm sure there are some jurisdictions where they are not always performed in these cases, but betting they will be the exception.

OP is delusional. He is making the same argument as do not modify your gun you will be charged with murder if you use a modified gun in self defense.

There has nevery been a case. It is another old Fudd lore.

I plan to use 2 stamps to post mark anyone who breaks into my home.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top