JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own several AR's ( Without going to count them I am honestly not sure how many, 10 ish) Only one of them is a Colt and It does not get shot. Its special and I own it because of what it is ( a Colt Delta Elite A2) 20 years ago a Colt was the only AR to have, these days I wouldn't buy a new one. They are a first class AR, but you pay a premium for it being a Colt. For the same money as a Colt you can buy more gun and the Colt parts do not always match up with "standard" bits. They have messed around with pin diameters, screws in place of take down pins, strange blocks in the receivers and modified bolt carriers. Every other AR I have all the parts are interchangeable.

For a first timer range gun I cant see spending the extra $300 is money well spent. Personally I would recommend buying the $598 Ruger and spending the rest on ammo

Last Edited:
For a first timer range gun I cant see spending the extra $300 is money well spent. Personally I would recommend buying the $598 Ruger and spending the rest on ammo

^This

Everyone spats of "Colt" as if they're the best AR around and they're not...LMT is, by far, one of the best AR manufacturers. I could name a lot more AR manufacturers that produce an AR better than Colt (Daniel Defense, Noveske, Rainier Arms, etc.)...when you buy a Colt, you're buying a namebrand. I'm not bashing Colt, but you can get a Colt quality AR without paying for a Colt pricetag (Ruger, S&W, Bushmaster, Olympic Arms, DPMS, etc.).

So whatever namebrand rifle you grab, you'll be fine...I'd just grab an AR, see how she feels, see what you want it for (Coyote Hunting, Self Defense, SHTF, Competetion, etc.) to pick barrel length, size and twist ratio...the rest is just picking out what type of toppings you want on your burger.

Monster Metal wins the gold here. I would also recommend a Bushmaster if you can find one. Either will do for what you want/need. I'd buy at least 12 mags (aluminum mil spec are fine, I don't even own a P Mag and I have quite a few ARs. Not slamming P Mags but buy whatever is GTG and priced right) including some 20s for prone/bench shooting, and eventually a 2nd upper and mags in .22 LR. And lots of target ammo and some serious storage ammo such as M855 steel core, quality commercial factory stuff, etc

I had 3 mid 1980s Minis, one was minute of pie plate, I traded it away. The second is a 2-3 MOA with irons and was my truck gun until very recently (SIG 556R now) But the 3rd Mini is a 1 MOA with irons gun that will start walking rounds a bit after the 3rd shot. I had it drilled and tapped, scoped it and stopped shooting it at 400 rds, it's a safe queen now. All 3 of them were/are stainless and 100% reliable. Kel Tec? I had to laugh as well o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top