JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We had a couple of youth, maybe 12-15 yrs old, come by the house and ring the bell and when my wife opened the door they just introduced themselves last week. Didn't ask if we had kids to play with, I have never seen them before, I saw no cars or adults, but my wife handled the door so I could not follow up.

I live on a block long dead end on the way to no where and not particularly easy to get to unless you actually live in the neighborhood because of geography. Kids don't just appear out of nowhere.

I told her, "We have just been cased.".

I don't open the door for anyone unless I know them, and most of the time not even then. I talk to them thru a window.
The ring camera sounds like a good idea so you know who is out there if they don't knock.

Id like to chime in as to what id do but just incase i ever need to, i dont think i want that out there as evidence against me.
I currently have a buddy whos going through the court system for having to shoot and kill a perp inside his home. Its NOT fun at all. Hes had to sell his house, lost his job, thanks to covid the vase is dragging on for EVER..

Id say do everything you can to avoid it, dogs, sec. cams, alarms etc all infinitely cheaper that having to hire a top notch legal defense and cover bail. He also mentioned once it happened the police basically took the guns out of his safe, moved a bunch of his guns around and tooks pictures of them to look like they were laying all around.
(Edit: not to mention took ALL of his guns and can't even touch them or drink or jaywalk in the meantime, this was way over a year ago now. Way before wu flu or any panic)

Dont just put cameras outside put some inside too. Unfortunately you have to keep your eyes on some of the cops as well. You never know. Way better to THINK CRITICALLY and leave absolutely nothing to chance. Control your own destiny.

To the other member, i would say record 24/7 but i also would def. turn on alerts as well.

I actually fainted at my buddies place a few weekends ago. It was VERY helpful to go back and watch the entire video to see what happened, i was fairly with it up until about 15sec before. But then only remember coming to once i had already sat up.
Luckily fell backwards into grass and not on my face or in his shop or im sure i woulda been heading to the ER.

and to that end.. Unfortunately sh¡t does happen to guests and sometimes they do sue. It will also save your bacon there.

Id use visible and hidden cameras and other combos of thrawrting and evidence. Dogs are worth their weight in gold!

Last Edited:
My Dog does not bark when someone comes around if he knows who they are. could be someone that hasn't been here in a few years. but If he does not know them he will raise Heck to let me know Until I give the approval . the very rare occasion that he goes off at someone after I am there . something is wrong with the person or the motives. If someone is approaching me or myself with company after sunset or out of my line of sight no matter where we are he stops them and wont let them come closer. he is not trained .just raised as family.

I work ten hour graveyard shifts patrolling 3 shopping centers in federal way. I have heard all kinds of b.s. stories. Previously when the homeless/junkies have been not willing to comply I have been able to call P.D. , well now drug possession, trespassing, loitering, vagrancy are no longer crimes. Actually unless there are shots fired, blood, or violence they are not terribly excited about showing up. When they do take them away it's basically "catch and release". Folks, we are pretty much on our own.

Most of the time the homeless comply and move along, up until recently I have dealt with lone individuals. Now I am more often dealing with 2 or 3, and they feel a bit bolder.

It was just a troubled misunderstood youth who is trying to turn their life around and is really just a "good boy".

:rolleyes:

Prove it.... show us your tats! ;)
Being confronted by Salvadoran soldiers carrying G3s, I could have shown the bullet holes. The only other gringos I saw were a TV crew from SanFran and a fellow near the US Embassy that had a strange object concealed on his right hip. No Americans spoke to others, as it was a time of fairly justified mistrust.

Being confronted by Salvadoran soldiers carrying G3s, I could have shown the bullet holes. The only other gringos I saw were a TV crew from SanFran and a fellow near the US Embassy that had a strange object concealed on his right hip. No Americans spoke to others, as it was a time of fairly justified mistrust.

Yep.... you've been there. o_O:s0155:

Hey man, I'm Polish and don't appreciate the name calling. :D
pollock :D

pollock.jpg

Very effective...
As a REALTOR in a largely rural community and some nutjobs moving here, part of my closing gifts to all clients is 2 of these signs. They are DOT reflective and on an aluminum substrate. My sign maker sells them for $45/each and I have a dozen in stock. Feel free to use this image as it is of my creation...

Explicit permission given to use by all safety loving individuals AV Sign.jpg

Hey man, I'm Polish and don't appreciate the name calling. :D

My first permanent-party Squad Leader was a hard-azz named SSG Shinskie (the name didn't "click" in my young barely 18yr old brain).... yup, one day I called someone in our platoon formation a "pollack" (for being a total DF).... I did some push-ups for it... then the name "clicked".... LMAO!!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top